Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jul 01, 2012, 03:03 PM
Registered User
United States, MS, McComb
Joined Jun 2012
4 Posts
Hello I've also had problems binding but what seemed to work is plug heli in then tx on and bring throttle stick to left bottom corner
ace252006 is offline Find More Posts by ace252006
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 01, 2012, 03:16 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Yeah... price is all relative.

But I for one, expect some value for my buck.

As for replacement parts cost, that too is moot if one cannot get a copter to bind, eh?


Anyway... it's binding now and I'll continue to practice with it...


.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Last edited by .quietguy; Jul 01, 2012 at 04:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 03:21 PM
Registered User
rpc4's Avatar
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
The honeybee controller is similar to what i am doing with the MJX but the honeybee is 11 volt system. Esky parts are not cheep when you can find them.And the Honeybee is a lot harder to fly. I like the mjx I hate the tx the little slide switch to the extreme left will not stay down causing the stick to center all the time, all in all it's cheesy. The heli is built better than Honneybee and some low end 450's The main shaft impressed me the most same size as the HeliMax Axe CP and standard size servos not mini micro like on the 9116 The heli is worth what I paid. With all heli's we mod them to suit our flying demands
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 04:08 PM
Registered User
rpc4's Avatar
United States, VT, Windsor
Joined Apr 2012
354 Posts
Looking through this thread I was just curious why if mjx f45 was converted over to brush less motors why couldn't we use a Spectrum DS5 and and a 6100 receiver it works on Eflight and Eskys, servos don't seem to be an issue. When head parts and boom arrive I guess I will find out I hope it didn't bend main shaft.I wish Bangood sent regular post since i'm not home a lot so I had to get what I could from Amazon. I hunted for 2 hrs to find little dogbone linkage part at flying field, Everybody's got canopy's and booms but small stuff it's Feala or Bangood and if your not home and you don't get their call the parts get shipped back..
rpc4 is offline Find More Posts by rpc4
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 04:21 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
small stuff it's Feala or Bangood and if your not home and you don't get their call the parts get shipped back..

Hire nice looking woman to babysit, take delivery
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 04:22 PM
when is the wind stopping??
markkona's Avatar
Malta, Marsaskala
Joined Apr 2011
1,483 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
Looking through this thread I was just curious why if mjx f45 was converted over to brush less motors why couldn't we use a Spectrum DS5 and and a 6100 receiver it works on Eflight and Eskys, servos don't seem to be an issue. When head parts and boom arrive I guess I will find out I hope it didn't bend main shaft.I wish Bangood sent regular post since i'm not home a lot so I had to get what I could from Amazon. I hunted for 2 hrs to find little dogbone linkage part at flying field, Everybody's got canopy's and booms but small stuff it's Feala or Bangood and if your not home and you don't get their call the parts get shipped back..
I am quite happy so far with the stock tx even if the heli itself is built with much better quality in my opinion. I've had it for over 2 months now and I don't recall how many flights I've managed to do but I only recall 3 or 4 crashes and all were due to my inexperience or high winds!! I upgraded to brushless main motor only to get more fff speed as I got more comfortable with this Heli and was getting slightly bored flying it slowly but that has now got me in a position that I can't fly it everywhere like I used to do previously now I need to find wide open spaces because the speed has almost doubled with this BL motor!! If I get a CP heli in future I might even revert back to stock motor to have some more relaxed flying when I feel like it
markkona is offline Find More Posts by markkona
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 05:25 PM
Steve
Chester1's Avatar
United Kingdom, Staffordshire
Joined Jan 2012
156 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by .quietguy View Post
Yeah... price is all relative.

But I for one, expect some value for my buck.

As for replacement parts cost, that too is moot if one cannot get a copter to bind, eh?


Anyway... it's binding now and I'll continue to practice with it...


Hey Lennie, don't give up on the F45 just yet. I have had dozens of heli's, some cheap and some very, very expensive but I still feel that this is one of the best value for money heli's you can buy.

Persevere with it, iron out the bugs and you will enjoy it. Your skills and the weather will improve.....Lol!!
Chester1 is offline Find More Posts by Chester1
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:03 PM
Brent 黑雁
BThirsk's Avatar
Canada, AB, Ponoka
Joined Jan 2012
1,747 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
Looking through this thread I was just curious why if mjx f45 was converted over to brush less motors why couldn't we use a Spectrum DS5 and and a 6100 receiver it works on Eflight and Eskys, servos don't seem to be an issue. When head parts and boom arrive I guess I will find out I hope it didn't bend main shaft.I wish Bangood sent regular post since i'm not home a lot so I had to get what I could from Amazon. I hunted for 2 hrs to find little dogbone linkage part at flying field, Everybody's got canopy's and booms but small stuff it's Feala or Bangood and if your not home and you don't get their call the parts get shipped back..
I think the biggest reason is the cost of rx, gyro, etc.
When my pcb packs it in, I am going to change to Devo 8 tx. I have all the required pieces from my Firefox which I am scrapping due to it constantly blowing up something. The tail on it has blown up 5 times already and the feathering shaft threads pulled out once. It's almost dangerous to be around.
BThirsk is offline Find More Posts by BThirsk
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 08:18 PM
Finding Creative Ways To Crash
RCCrashTestDummy's Avatar
Joined Jun 2012
448 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
Feala or Bangood and if your not home and you don't get their call the parts get shipped back..
What the heck?!?!

I don't understand???

rpc, quietguy, or anyone living in Northern Ca..who makes the final delivery??? Is it USPS, UPS, DHL, or some unheard of courier??? You guys got me a little worried now, and I'm expecting a few deliveries from Banggood very soon.

Thanks,

-Pat
RCCrashTestDummy is offline Find More Posts by RCCrashTestDummy
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:21 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
slothy89's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
751 Posts
Well my F45 arrived today, must say I am already loving my new toy

A couple little hiccups in the shipping, similar to what another member here posted, the Canopy was off the body, and the battery was not fully in the tray. Since this is exactly what another person experienced I am thinking this is an intentional packing method, maybe to prevent damage to the canopy pins and battery? Who knows...

Also the TX looked as though it had been pushed into the foam too far and had partially broken the mold holding it in, although again, it was still held in snug. The carry handle on the box was broken too, so I can't use that to carry it around, but oh well!

I have attached photos to show the above findings, as well as a glamour shot

Can't wait for this blasted Winter weather to clear up a bit to take her outside.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 09:22 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
slothy89's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpc4 View Post
... if your not home and you don't get their call the parts get shipped back..
Huh? Wouldn't it just go to your local Post Office and wait for you to collect it later? At least that's how it generally works here in Australia.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:46 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
A couple little hiccups in the shipping, similar to what another member here posted, the Canopy was off the body, and the battery was not fully in the tray. Since this is exactly what another person experienced I am thinking this is an intentional packing method, maybe to prevent damage to the canopy pins and battery? Who knows...
That was probably me with the same issue when my F45 arrived. I just thing it was from the box getting a good jolt and the battery popped out into the canopy, which caused the canopy to come off.

Word of advice ... use a couple of nylon cable ties to secure the battery in the tray, or the first time you crash it nose into the ground that battery will fly out and crack the crap out of the canopy. Don't ask me how I know ... LOL.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:48 PM
Heli Mania
Hayabusa Heli's Avatar
PNW
Joined Dec 2010
2,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
Huh? Wouldn't it just go to your local Post Office and wait for you to collect it later? At least that's how it generally works here in Australia.
Same here in the US. I think the post office makes 3 attempts, but there are many ways to get the package after the first 1 or 2 attempts. 1) Pick it up at the post office, 2) sign the registered mail delivery slip and they will leave it at the door the next time.
Hayabusa Heli is offline Find More Posts by Hayabusa Heli
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 10:52 PM
Hangin' for a strong SW
slothy89's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Sebastopol
Joined Apr 2012
751 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayabusa Heli View Post
That was probably me with the same issue when my F45 arrived. I just thing it was from the box getting a good jolt and the battery popped out into the canopy, which caused the canopy to come off.

Word of advice ... use a couple of nylon cable ties to secure the battery in the tray, or the first time you crash it nose into the ground that battery will fly out and crack the crap out of the canopy. Don't ask me how I know ... LOL.
The canopy is pretty snug once it's on correctly, so I can't see how a shipping mishap could knock it out and it was all sitting there fairly neatly considering, which makes me think the canopy at least was intentionally removed.

The box has no signs of rough handling, so a jolt strong enough to dislodge the battery and canopy doesn't seem likely. Either way, it's all in one piece and works like a charm So I'm happy. Really need to get a heatsink though, after one battery of hovering in the living room the motor was nearly too hot to touch!

Oh and I use a thick Rubber Band wrapped 3 times around the battery to hold it in, I plan to replace the battery with a Real LiPo at some point, and also charge the stock battery out of the Heli, so a CableTie would just be a pain having to cut it each time and using a fresh one.
slothy89 is offline Find More Posts by slothy89
Reply With Quote
Old Jul 01, 2012, 11:09 PM
Eugene
Whizgig's Avatar
Australia, VIC, Delacombe
Joined Oct 2006
918 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by slothy89 View Post
The canopy is pretty snug once it's on correctly, so I can't see how a shipping mishap could knock it out and it was all sitting there fairly neatly considering, which makes me think the canopy at least was intentionally removed.

The box has no signs of rough handling, so a jolt strong enough to dislodge the battery and canopy doesn't seem likely. Either way, it's all in one piece and works like a charm So I'm happy. Really need to get a heatsink though, after one battery of hovering in the living room the motor was nearly too hot to touch!

Oh and I use a thick Rubber Band wrapped 3 times around the battery to hold it in, I plan to replace the battery with a Real LiPo at some point, and also charge the stock battery out of the Heli, so a CableTie would just be a pain having to cut it each time and using a fresh one.
That is the way they ship it the canopy is off on all of them I think it wouldn't fit in the box with it on
Whizgig is offline Find More Posts by Whizgig
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion On self stabilising single-rotor helis (FP/CP) and comparison to quadcopters and coax LMF5000 Electric Heli Talk 10 Apr 13, 2014 02:59 PM
Discussion UAV systems Single Rotor vs Multi Rotor iskoos UAV - Unmanned Aerial Vehicles 2 Jan 06, 2012 10:51 PM
Question Upgrading from Co-Axial to FP Single Rotor Judo JoNny Electric Heli Talk 57 Sep 20, 2010 12:10 PM
Discussion Best FP single rotor 4 CH Heli? helinewbie617 Micro Helis 76 Oct 31, 2009 07:16 PM
For Sale will trade my orbiter coaxial for a fp or cp single rotor heli micro heli Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W) 3 Sep 05, 2007 01:36 PM