Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 29, 2003, 03:03 PM
I crash, therefore I FLY!
Spring Hill, FL
Joined Feb 2003
1,489 Posts
Spinner on an Endo power system?

Well, I got a bit carried away after searching through all the Endoplasma threads and ordered the motor, ESC, and GD600 gearbox and pinions from Tower Hobbies.

(Told my wife "Don't worry, I didn't order and expensive motor, just a $20 one!" I may have forgotten to mention the added cost of the ESC and gearbox. . .)

Since this is for my JKA P-51, I'll be needing a spinner. But I don't know what would work with that Great Planes gearbox! Being a "Senior Member" only means I spend too much time on the forum, I'm *still* a newbie!

So, what am I looking at to get a 2 inch spinner on that gearbox? (Including any needed adaptors?)

Mike S.
(aka "mad mike")
Spring Hill, FL

----------------------------
I crash, therefore, I FLY!
There is no one true way.
mad mike is offline Find More Posts by mad mike
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 29, 2003, 07:23 PM
United States, CT, Enfield
Joined Nov 2000
343 Posts
I use DuBro spinners on most of my non-scale models. They come with an assortment of different sized adapters to fit about any shaft size you would have. I just checked a GD600 box in my shop and it has a 1/4" shaft on the included adapter. The adapter assortment that comes with the duBro spinners has one that fits this size perfectly. IMO these are good spinners, they run true and are easy to install.

Paul
Paul is offline Find More Posts by Paul
Old Sep 29, 2003, 08:15 PM
I crash, therefore I FLY!
Spring Hill, FL
Joined Feb 2003
1,489 Posts
Thanks, Paul!

Wish I had a LHS that I could go to (one that had *some* E Flight stuff,) and spend the day looking around to see "what would work." But, I don't so most all my stuff comes from the Internet.

I'm off to order a spinner!

And maybe some retracts, too.

Mike S.
(aka "mad mike")
Spring Hill, FL

I crash, therefore, I FLY!
There is no one true way.
mad mike is offline Find More Posts by mad mike