HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2010, 08:44 PM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don View Post
For the record, the reason I bit bucketed the last thread was because a PM was posted which I feel was tacky but also because of the tone of the posts was getting rather nasty and then the thread was closed so felt it needed to just be canned. Not because I felt the topic was not to be discussed.

Paul, if you truly were using approach #1 but only talking like #2 then I apologize for interpreting your posts incorrectly.

Don
Thanks Don. I really would have liked to get Cliff's help on the process. But that's not what he was offering in his posts.

So far, I've discussed the possibility of showing the guy from visitor services and the guy from the ranger department what I'm proposing. I've also sent them a list of the rules (for the most part) that Brunswick agreed to.

I came up with some arbitrary limitations in hopes of helping them say yes.

1) Electric planes, gliders and helis only
2) AUW of no more than 3 lbs
3) Minimum prop size of 7" on planes over 10oz
4) EDF's are not allowed

I realize these 4 are completely arbitrary, but the thought was 1) Elecitric only would be quieter than nitro/gas. 2) AUW under 3lbs would keep the planes on the "smaller" side and would be easy enough to check (requires scale). 3) The smaller the prop, the higher the Kv and the noise. The idea here being that the high speed Strykers and Zagis wouldn't meet this criteria. It only requires a ruler to measure. 4) EDF's - Too loud.

So at this point, the rangers have verified that electric R/C is not allowed. The visitors board has sent me back to the rangers. So now it's time to try and meet with them. I should be able to tell pretty quickly if they're with me or against me. When I met the guys from Brunswick they both admitted they were ready to say "no" on the phone. But now that they saw what I was talking about, they were both saying "yes."

I can't claim to know how this experience will turn out but this whole issue between the Metroparks and electric R/C could be a misconception or a misunderstanding.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2010, 10:45 PM
Cleveland
Joined Jun 2002
2,307 Posts
Paul,
While I applaud your efforts to open the Metroparks, I still stand by my original interpretation of Cliff's post. I sincerely dont think he was being selfish with his posting. Your views might be different, life goes on. Perhaps we call all have thin skin at times.

As far as Alex goes, you have your opinions, I have mine. The last time Alex was coming in to town he leaves me a voicemail. Not "Hey Dan, I havent heard from you in awhile, how's it going?" or "How's the family" or even "Hey, what are you flying lately". No. The voicemail amounted to "Hey Dan, Im coming back to town for a few days and need some more of that free foam you gave me last time".
Carnifax is offline Find More Posts by Carnifax
Old Apr 26, 2010, 12:13 AM
Suspended Account
Mentor, OH
Joined Dec 2004
8,426 Posts
Dan,
your giving away more free foam?!

sweet! gotta git sum a'dat
sgtdirt is offline Find More Posts by sgtdirt
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:36 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,301 Posts
Paul,

Perhaps you might want to scrap item #3? I'm thinking perhaps you might want a restriction on speed. My 120 mph Diablo fits all of the criteria, but it is one that would probably be best left out of the park.

@Dan - If we all agreed we might be communist
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2010, 07:40 AM
Engineer for Christ
Amherst, VA
Joined Jun 2006
10,301 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtdirt View Post
Dan,
your giving away more free foam?!

sweet! gotta git sum a'dat
He used to,but some people were really taking advantage his generosity without much more than even a "thank you". I didn't realize I was one of them. My apologies, Dan. I didn't mean to come off that way.
IBCrazy is offline Find More Posts by IBCrazy
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 26, 2010, 08:23 AM
Suspended Account
Brunswick, OH
Joined Nov 2005
5,547 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCrazy View Post
Paul,

Perhaps you might want to scrap item #3? I'm thinking perhaps you might want a restriction on speed. My 120 mph Diablo fits all of the criteria, but it is one that would probably be best left out of the park.
You might be right. I was looking for a way to keep the noise down, not so much the speed.
HappyKillmore is offline Find More Posts by HappyKillmore