New Products Flash Sale
Old May 24, 2015, 04:47 PM
Find More Posts by feket663
Hungary, Szabolcs-Szatmar-Bereg, Csenger
Joined Aug 2010
255 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap View Post
Are you sure it's broken ? The range is strongly dependent on the antennas used.

In case you want to replace, you've got to replace the whole RFM23BP module :

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RFM23BP-433M...item2a3564bdae

The only point of attention is that there are 900MHz version, but you've got to choose the 433MHz version (link above).
Thanks for help, but I can't wait weeks for module... Now I try replacing rfm23bp to SI4432 100 mW module, This enough for my 250 racing quadcopter. I hope will working...

Thanks for help!
feket663 is online now Find More Posts by feket663
to remove ads between posts
Old May 24, 2015, 11:38 PM
Find More Posts by gear-head
United States, WA, Vancouver
Joined Jun 2002
429 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavn View Post
Yes, there can be interference from not only 1.3 GHz video transmitter, but generally from any electronics, OSD, HD camera, FPV camera. You can try to measure the UHF noise produced if you place each electronic component on the dipole antenna of Open LRS transmitter in spectrum analyzer mode.

https://youtu.be/bUjZcZJZM3s

https://youtu.be/yX-MzkFOWKY
Thank you so very much, I had no idea I could use my radio as a spectrum analyzer! I am going to give it a shot tomorrow.
gear-head is offline Find More Posts by gear-head
Old May 25, 2015, 05:49 AM
Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
Spain, Principado de Asturias, Oviedo
Joined Jun 2010
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for suggestion. Could you give more details about what to replace (if possible in step by step with pictures) and what to purchase, please?

I can try to solder there needed filter if it is not too much miniature.
I just though that adding filter to my Orange Open LRS transmitter would make it work.

The receiver works, but it does not like when the Open LRS transmitter is near.

The filter is this one
As for step-by-step i saw a tutorial in spanish... but basically is to replace the filter..so desolder the old one and solder the new one.. wich aparently is tricky without proper de-soldering tools (the filter has 3 pins...you have to desolder all 3 without burning stuff).

I am like you still pending doing the mod and i have yet to buy the filter... but seems pretty clear that without it the LRS will play havoc with the VTx
JLT_GTI is offline Find More Posts by JLT_GTI
Last edited by JLT_GTI; May 25, 2015 at 05:57 AM.
Old May 25, 2015, 06:04 AM
Find More Posts by moti
israel
Joined Jun 2003
966 Posts
Hi ,there is a way to receive CPPM without decoder? Thanks
Moti
moti is offline Find More Posts by moti
Old May 25, 2015, 06:10 AM
Find More Posts by pavn
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
748 Posts
Thanks, this information looks handy. Could you send also the Spanish tutorial, please?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLT_GTI View Post
The filter is this one
As for step-by-step i saw a tutorial in spanish... but basically is to replace the filter..so desolder the old one and solder the new one.. wich aparently is tricky without proper de-soldering tools (the filter has 3 pins...you have to desolder all 3 without burning stuff).

I am like you still pending doing the mod and i have yet to buy the filter... but seems pretty clear that without it the LRS will play havoc with the VTx
pavn is offline Find More Posts by pavn
Old May 25, 2015, 06:58 AM
Joined Jun 2010
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, this information looks handy. Could you send also the Spanish tutorial, please?
Of course... this is the one i readed

hope its helpful ... the author also made a tutorial for flashing the orange LRS quite helpful
Old May 26, 2015, 12:28 PM
Find More Posts by fliteline dave
Canada, BC, Comox
Joined Jan 2011
213 Posts
Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Implicit View Post
Right click on the artificial horizon screen, add gui items and select rxrssi, The regular rssi is for the telemetry rssi.

Dave
fliteline dave is offline Find More Posts by fliteline dave
Old Yesterday, 06:53 AM
Find More Posts by pavn
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
748 Posts
Thanks, it does not look complicated. Will try that.

Quote:
Of course... this is the one i readed

hope its helpful ... the author also made a tutorial for flashing the orange LRS quite helpful
Old Yesterday, 03:10 PM
Joined Jun 2010
2,646 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, it does not look complicated. Will try that.
the hard part is desolder the old filter.. is 3 pins soldered to the board .. as you can imagine its hard to melt the tin in each of the three without having the other 2 cool down and soldify again.. usually this is done with a special desoldering iron wich "sucks" the tin out .. and i dont own one yet.

some people are skilled and do it with a simple iron
Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM
Find More Posts by pavn
Czech Republic, Olomouc
Joined Sep 2010
748 Posts
If it is not miniature, you can probably use screw driver and make one pin hot and from that side try to move with the component upward. This way you can probably do it step by step by pin, or each time partly one pin until all gets desoldered. I am now looking where to get it D480A the most cheaply including shipping or would be ideal if I could purchase in my country or Europe. Need to find out.

Quote:
the hard part is desolder the old filter.. is 3 pins soldered to the board .. as you can imagine its hard to melt the tin in each of the three without having the other 2 cool down and soldify again.. usually this is done with a special desoldering iron wich "sucks" the tin out .. and i dont own one yet.

some people are skilled and do it with a simple iron
Old Yesterday, 08:52 PM
Find More Posts by flipflap
Joined Mar 2009
1,543 Posts
This video shows how to proceed :
FPV-HOW to upgrade your SAW FILTER on video receiver (8 min 32 sec)
flipflap is online now Find More Posts by flipflap
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM
Find More Posts by Len02013
Joined Jan 2013
261 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipflap View Post
And 40 km with Ultimate LRS firmware (with teleemtry), and well tuned antennas : http://www.itluxembourg.lu/site/ulti...s-40-km-setup/
Do you notice a significant range improvement in the folded dipole yagi compared to the other DIY 4ele antenna?

Any chance you have build dimensions on the folded yagi?
Len02013 is offline Find More Posts by Len02013
Old Today, 12:18 AM
Find More Posts by flipflap
Joined Mar 2009
1,543 Posts
The 4 elements folded yagi is not mine, I'll ask the user for the dimensions. Notice it has a balun and it certainly improves things over the simple yagi I've built.

Now if you don't want to DIY, have a look at this 10 elements yagi : http://www.moonraker.eu/Amateur-Radi...0-ELEMENT-YAGI

Or this 7 elements yagi : http://www.moonraker.eu/amateur-radi...l-yagi-antenna

Or this $75 14 elements 14 dBd (=16.15 dBi) yagi : http://www.moonraker.eu/amateur-radi...l-yagi-antenna

Given that the guy did 40 km with a 4 elements yagi (something like 7.6 dBd = 9.75 dBi), using this last 14 elements yagi would provide a gain of 14-7.6=6.4 dB which doubles the distance (80 km).

In addition, running the RFM module at 5.5V would go from 400mW (26dBm) to minimum 800mW (29dBm), which gives 3 dB, or 40% more distance.

So it should go to 80 * 1.4 = 112 km.

And given that the guy said 40 km was not the system's limit, but his plane limit, the maximum distance is still farther...
flipflap is online now Find More Posts by flipflap
Last edited by flipflap; Today at 12:46 AM.