HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 12, 2008, 08:45 AM
Joined Nov 2008
87 Posts
Discussion
lite machines 110 new engine

I just contacted lite machines on a new engine and they informed me that they no longer carried the norvel. lite machines recommended the Wasp .061 I then asked them how the throttle linkage was ran for that motor and could not be answered. Has anyone else tried this engine out in there lite machine and how have you ran the linkage any help will be much appreciated.
Ultra Boom is offline Find More Posts by Ultra Boom
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 22, 2008, 11:40 AM
Joined Nov 2008
87 Posts
Ok here is what I found out so far, IV purchased the Wasp .061 Iím going to run the throttle linkage with a flex cable. For the muffler Iím going to take the throttle muffler off my Norvel and use it so the exhaust gas will still blow away from my model, were the throttle part went into it Iím just going to leave that part out, if too much exhaust still enters my model ill just cap the end off with some automotive high temp putty. Now the clutch shaft from the Norvel 6 does not fit on the wasp so I ordered the Norvel 7 shaft and clutch from the picture the threads look like the one for the wasp, will not know till it arrives. Once it gets here ill put everything together and put up some pics of the hook and let yall know how well it works. (If it even works)
Old Nov 24, 2008, 07:26 AM
piro-maniac........
United States, CO, Aurora
Joined Dec 2007
4,137 Posts
"Ya.....pics would be good!! I thought about getting one of thse little buggers awhile back. I"d like to see one fly in person.....but....pictures would suffice!!
GunnyGlow is offline Find More Posts by GunnyGlow
Old Jan 09, 2009, 11:29 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
have you got the chance to do it and fly it?
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Old Jan 10, 2009, 07:23 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,902 Posts
Where do you buy one of the Lite Machines small heli's at?
I haven't found anyone selling them.
I have one of their early heli's with a COX TD051 in it. I need to dust it off and check the engine and RC system out. I figure it needs new battery packs now.
I built it up years ago, and life got in the way, and it sat on the rack all this time unused.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Jan 10, 2009, 04:45 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,902 Posts
Aww man bummer. I went to dig out my Lite Machine heli from the storage shed and much to my dismay, found that it had gotten knocked off the shelf and wound up with a big box on top of it. Now I will have to figure out what all got damaged and see if I can fix it. The major issue is the tail rotor bevel gear got warped out of shape. the tail boom had been pushed down in the back causing the small gear to push up hard on the bevel drive gear. So the real problem is going to be how to rectify that problem.
The tail rotor assembly got twisted over some, but doesn't look bad.
Anyway sort of a bummer there with the heli getting more or less squished on me.
I wonder if any parts still exist for it or not. it is a early model circa 1996 when they were using Cox TD 049 engines before the Norvel engines came along.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Jan 10, 2009, 08:03 PM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,902 Posts
OK, allis not so bad, only the crown gear and maybe the rear rotor gear case is a problem. I noticed a crack on the rear rotor gear case.
I found that Lite Machines has some parts available that look like they ought to work. Going through many of the parts diagrams and stuff shows the parts are pretty much the same for the different models. So it ought to be fixable and back up and running after a while. If someone runs across this and doesn't know it is www.shopatron.com and you need the Lite Machine part numbers.

I wonder if the old 4 channel Futaba AM 72mhz radio is any good nowadays. It is on channel 50. So I assume it is modern enough to work. I have to decide if I want to buy new batteries for the radio system or not.

RCG Plus Member
Last edited by earlwb; Jan 10, 2009 at 09:39 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2009, 03:07 AM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
So what happend? Did you got the chance to replace the motehr with wasp? Whats you're mod, we haven't heard from you for long time
Old Jul 07, 2009, 07:44 PM
Joined Nov 2008
87 Posts
Here it is finally sorry it took so long had to put a few projects on hold. If I did it right there should be some pics of the mod and in case anyone is wondering it works just fine
Old Jul 07, 2009, 10:14 PM
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra Boom
Here it is finally sorry it took so long had to put a few projects on hold. If I did it right there should be some pics of the mod and in case anyone is wondering it works just fine

heh did you used a norvel aero engine? What have you done to put that motor on. Have you got it to work?
Old Jul 08, 2009, 05:46 PM
Joined Nov 2008
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcervantes11
heh did you used a norvel aero engine? What have you done to put that motor on. Have you got it to work?
Nope thats the wasp engine I just put on my v-max head and flipped the muffler upside down oh yeah the main shaft would fit but the threads were different so I did the big no no, I made it screw in hahahha. Best of all it worked . Rest of it fell in place just had to run my throttle linkage with that flex cable and made a few braces to hold it in place. Oh and yes it works great, does anyone know a way to losen up old loctite I wanna pull the head off and re paint the frame but im afraid that ill mess all the screw heads up trying to break that old lock tight.
Old Jul 09, 2009, 06:37 PM
Spektrum Dev Team
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Apr 2002
1,053 Posts
I've got one too! I actually learned to fly helis on one around 1997. Mine was long since traded away for something bigger and better, but recently a friend passed away and his widow gave me the one he built along with my original. Its a horrible way to get a model, but a great way to remember a friend. I need to get it out and dust it off, its in good shape
now here is the really problem.... glow plugs for the Norvel... I have an airplane that needs some too. anyone, anyone??? links for Norvel glow plugs ? Anyone?
aaronredbaron is online now Find More Posts by aaronredbaron
Old Jul 09, 2009, 08:19 PM
Joined Nov 2008
87 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronredbaron
I've got one too! I actually learned to fly helis on one around 1997. Mine was long since traded away for something bigger and better, but recently a friend passed away and his widow gave me the one he built along with my original. Its a horrible way to get a model, but a great way to remember a friend. I need to get it out and dust it off, its in good shape
now here is the really problem.... glow plugs for the Norvel... I have an airplane that needs some too. anyone, anyone??? links for Norvel glow plugs ? Anyone?
Here is a link for the Wasp engine I have and at the bottom are the plugs for it not sure if there the same as the norvel ones but they should be. http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/211280.asp
Old Jul 09, 2009, 08:56 PM
Joined Nov 2008
87 Posts
Crud searching around I found some bad news here is the link for the wasp I bough from my LHS http://www.rcuniverse.com/product_gu...m?engine_id=68 looks like they replaces it for the one in the link I put from hobbypeople only difference is the crank the one like this one has the hole for the main shaft to screw into the new one has a threaded crank ill look around some more see if I cant figure out a solution or maybe call light machine up again see what they say if anyone else figures something out let us know
Old Jul 09, 2009, 10:57 PM
Joined Nov 2008
87 Posts
Ok I just figured out how to make it work! I have a Thunder Tigar .07 leave on the back plate put on the clutch (v-max 7 clutch) then a nut to lock it in place. Then put on the outer hub a washer and the prop nut from the tigar and tighten it down make sure the hub spins freely now your set. I got it all hooked up without the clutch all I have is the one for the v-max1 and the hole is to small but I did have a shaft from the V-max 7 measured it and the hole in the clutch will be big enough soon as I find the clutch ill order a few and hook it up and try it out.

To mount the motor remove the fuel tank and put the motor on that side flip the servo over and run a throttle wire from the servo straight to the motor mount the tank on the oppsite side (were the motor used to go) and your set I done checked it out and it will all work. If I ever find a clutch Ill get one and try it out.