HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 24, 2014, 03:13 AM
Mark Harrison
USA, CA, Piedmont
Joined Jun 2010
2,223 Posts
Question
Balancing the brightness of two LED strips?

I'm powering these two strips off the same battery. The green strip is more bright than the red.

What's the best way to balance out the brightness. Could I just put a resistor on the green power line? How would I go about estimating the resistor size?
marhar is offline Find More Posts by marhar
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 24, 2014, 10:16 AM
That's so classic you.
United States, NC, Stokesdale
Joined Jul 2006
352 Posts
Why not just get a small potentiometer?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062308
Generic Member is online now Find More Posts by Generic Member
Old May 13, 2014, 10:41 AM
"Well it flew yesturday..."
United States, AZ, Phoenix
Joined Jan 2011
215 Posts
old thread i know but there is actually a remote you can use to accomplish this. I have many of them on order now let me know if you are interested.

The remote can dim the lights and is connected in series with the lights.

quick video on youtube to show operation. The guy never shows the dimming feature of a solid lit ight but all you would have to do is puch the bottom button to light the strip as solid and then the center button to adjust the brightness. Oracle sells these for $15 i sell them for $7 shipped

ORACLE In-Line LED Controller (2 min 3 sec)
kylejclaflin is offline Find More Posts by kylejclaflin
Last edited by kylejclaflin; May 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM.