HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 18, 2014, 11:00 AM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,689 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmoebbq View Post
anyone have any problems with the props folding when run on 3 cell? Im using an 8x4 plastic props but when I hit full throttle the prop folds over and comes loose. I Changed it out for a carbon prop. But that may be expensive.

Might try doubling up the o ring... Sounds like it's twisting up on throttle up.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 18, 2014, 12:28 PM
Joined Jul 2012
21 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott C View Post
My simple wire landing gear modification. One-piece .047 wire bent to an inverted V and embedded in a slot with glue in the EPP landing gear structure. The wire was then secured to the axle blocks with Kevlar thread soaked with CA. The wheels were slightly bored out and a push rod tube as a bushing. Finally, DuBro micro wheel retainers keep the wheels neatly in place. This set up seems to be strong yet still retains the flexibility of the airframe.
Been flying YAK 55. The beaver caught my eye. Thought I'd take a "crack" at it. Order went in yesterday. Like the axle mod. First mod to make when it arrives. Can' hardly wait... Regards.. manta.
manta1one is offline Find More Posts by manta1one
Old Sep 20, 2014, 09:31 PM
United States, TX, Round Rock
Joined Apr 2013
128 Posts
Beaver Retirement

I have finally given up on my Beaver. It is simply not my type of flying. I probably have made a record number of repairs to her, but even though, it can still get up in the air. My buddy has a nearly identically set up Beaver that doesn't have a scratch ion it, not even a broken prop ever. I can only assume that it was pilot error with my plane. I could never get past the sensitive nature of my Beaver. Especially frustrating was that my buddy could get his Beaver to do anything. There were some good flights mixed in there, but not enough. So now I have an amazingly scarred up wall hanger. I will have to stick to gliders, the Radian is much more forgiving.
Ralphtsp is offline Find More Posts by Ralphtsp
Last edited by Ralphtsp; Sep 21, 2014 at 05:24 AM.
Old Sep 21, 2014, 09:15 PM
220lb of Canned Heat, baby
United States, IN, Derby
Joined Feb 2012
3,689 Posts
It is a bit of an odd plane, but I love it. Even overweight from repairs, I still love ragging it out.
quadracer is online now Find More Posts by quadracer
Old Sep 21, 2014, 09:54 PM
Joined Apr 2013
128 Posts
I bet mine is heavier than yours! LOL I will weigh it next chance I get. I bet there is at least one bottle of Gorilla Glue holding it together.
Old Yesterday, 11:43 PM
Littleton, CO
Joined Nov 2010
1,247 Posts
I love the Beav. A little strange, but a lovable little trickster. It definitely breaks the routine up when you are flying several planes.
Lilienthal is offline Find More Posts by Lilienthal
Old Today, 06:44 AM
Joined Apr 2013
128 Posts
I have seen it flown so well (my friend's CTB), I know the the plane has the potential. It is so different than a glider, maybe that is why I struggled with the Beaver. It did improve my flying (and repairing) skills. I will be able to come back to it someday.