SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 08, 2012, 01:04 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,216 Posts
Discussion
EC3 paralell charge board unplugging tips?

I just got a paralell charge board with EC3 connectors from progressive rc (this one http://www.progressiverc.com/paralle...st-xh-ec3.html).

Works great, I'm pretty happy.

But unplugging the EC3 connectors when there are 6 of them plugged in is not easy. Normally in open space it's easy to get them apart by hand, and in a tight space I use a snap ring tool to get them apart. But neither of those techniques works on the board. Anybody got a trick for unplugging EC3's from a board?
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:14 PM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,741 Posts
That is why I prefer

http://www.progressiverc.com/paralle...rge-cable.html

Seriously years ago David asked which I prefered parallel harnesses or boards and I stated very clearly harnesses.

I have many PCB parallel and series adapters which came with various chargers plus several 4 to 6 cell parallel boards with safety fuses built in and I still much prefer my parallel mains and balancing leads harnesses.

I will say that the parallel PCB for the e flite UMX LiPolys works extremly well however since it only has to deal with a single lead for each LiPoly.

Charles
everydayflyer is offline Find More Posts by everydayflyer
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:35 PM
3D? I only got two thumbs!
United States, MA
Joined Jul 2012
1,216 Posts
Hm, not quite the answer I was looking for but you do have a point. Maybe I should just order one of those harnesses.
AeroKen is online now Find More Posts by AeroKen