SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:08 PM
I Fly!
United States, AL, Huntsville
Joined Jan 2011
1,279 Posts
I assume the LVC warning pulsing motors?
jrtubb is offline Find More Posts by jrtubb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: New Eflite Carbon Cub!
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:15 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtubb View Post
I assume the LVC warning pulsing motors?
Yep and not good to run the pack down that low.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:30 PM
I Fly!
Joined Jan 2011
1,279 Posts
Thanks, I'm use to keeping track of flight time on my DX6i for our other planes / helis. One of the bummers with this red transmitter. I've been checking my watch and telling him to land after 10-12 min just to be safe.

Funny thing is my son (8 yr old) likes the red controler, even though he has a DX6i for all his micros. He thinks the red color is cool and makes the plane faster!
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 01, 2012, 02:36 PM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,950 Posts
Quote:
Thanks, I'm use to keeping track of flight time on my DX6i for our other planes / helis. One of the bummers with this red transmitter. I've been checking my watch and telling him to land after 10-12 min just to be safe.

Funny thing is my son (8 yr old) likes the red controler, even though he has a DX6i for all his micros. He thinks the red color is cool and makes the plane faster!

You could get a settable lipo alarm: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2in1-Lipo-...item45fb5f44cb
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Oct 01, 2012, 03:07 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,886 Posts
The red controller is the ONLY TX that will handle the FB Stratos. It will NOT bind to any other Spektrum Rx. It is intended to be that way since the VI is programmed to work with that TX only.

I got my low voltage alarms from HobbyKing for about 3 bucks each. Two of those and an Orange Rx were $13.00 shipped.
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:02 PM
Closed Account
Joined May 2012
1,792 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLK Count View Post
I ordered my Stratos last hour
Think it will deliver quickly and next weekend I can go out.

I want to use my Turnigy 2S/1000mAh packs (same dimension and weight like the stock one) - how long is approx the motor runtime with the 1300er pack ?
Congrats on your purchase, I'm sure you're gonna be pleased.

Here's a link to an entertaining video review of the Stratos if you're interested:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBRShTlFpGA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBRShTlFpGA

(copy and paste into your browser)

... Lennie
.quietguy is offline Find More Posts by .quietguy
Old Oct 02, 2012, 06:50 PM
Joined Nov 2009
101 Posts
The CG listed on the SPECS page of the HZ website says 20mm or .8 inches. This is approximately 3/4 of an inch back from where the wheel wire goes in, towards the battery hatch right?
Qualo Kabrigne is offline Find More Posts by Qualo Kabrigne
Old Oct 02, 2012, 10:22 PM
Joined May 2012
286 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qualo Kabrigne View Post
The CG listed on the SPECS page of the HZ website says 20mm or .8 inches. This is approximately 3/4 of an inch back from where the wheel wire goes in, towards the battery hatch right?
That's right. As I figure it, the CG is about where the two notches are on the battery hatch plate. When I've had cause to check the CG, I put a large rubber band through those notches, install the cover to hold it in, and hang it upside down to check the balance.

Tom
black6088 is offline Find More Posts by black6088
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:37 PM
Joined Aug 2012
174 Posts
Is there a difference in CA glues? If so what should I get? Don't need it now, but I figure if I pick some up on EBay or somewhere I won't ever need it.
Iplumb is offline Find More Posts by Iplumb
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:51 PM
I Fly!
Joined Jan 2011
1,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iplumb View Post
Is there a difference in CA glues? If so what should I get? Don't need it now, but I figure if I pick some up on EBay or somewhere I won't ever need it.
You need to get foam safe CA glue. However I recommend you get gorilla glue - Dries White.

http://www.gorillatough.com/index.php?page=dries-white

It works very good with the foam and seems to hold up better then CA. I bought mine at Home Depot.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 03, 2012, 08:59 PM
Joined Aug 2012
174 Posts
Quote:
You need to get foam safe CA glue. However I recommend you get gorilla glue - Dries White.

http://www.gorillatough.com/index.php?page=dries-white

It works very good with the foam and seems to hold up better then CA. I bought mine at Home Depot.
Thanks! Never seen the white.
Iplumb is offline Find More Posts by Iplumb
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:12 PM
I Fly!
Joined Jan 2011
1,279 Posts
What is the biggest battery people are running? I have the stock 1300 and two 1350s.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 03:19 PM
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Apr 2011
4,886 Posts
The only other battery I have seen that is about that size (Parkzone/E-Flight) is the 1000 mah battery that came with my Ares Gamma 370 (rotten Tamiya connectors though). I think the FB Stratos is designed around that 1300 mah battery as I haven't seen any other HZ/PZ planes that use it. What brand of battery are the 1350s?
chucksolo69 is offline Find More Posts by chucksolo69
Old Oct 04, 2012, 09:25 PM
I Fly!
Joined Jan 2011
1,279 Posts
I have 2 Pulse 1350 / 45c that were on sale for $9 each at the LHS. I've seen the same size in Thunder Power and Turnigy.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 04, 2012, 11:16 PM
Beast 60E Maniac
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Feb 2010
917 Posts
Hi all,

my Stratos arrived yesterday- seems to be good- all peaces looks good and fit perfect.
Weather has to be better and I will try my maiden with this beginner plane.
SLK Count is online now Find More Posts by SLK Count