HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2012, 06:56 PM
United States, FL, Titusville
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Discussion
Binding problems, need help!

Hi everyone, I have been putting together my electric boat. It has a blackjack 26 motor and esc. I binded the rx and tx, however the servo works but I am getting nothing from the motor when I pull the trigger? The rx is powered by the esc. Am I missing something, the motor and esc were used and came with the boat. ANY help would be appreciated!!
proboatronnie is offline Find More Posts by proboatronnie
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 18, 2012, 12:21 PM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
4,969 Posts
Hi Ronnie,

This sounds like you'll have to program the ESC before it'll work.
See if Proboat has the set-up instructions on their site.

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is offline Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Jan 18, 2012, 05:26 PM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Hi jan, I tried programming the esc with a program module. The esc beeped when I would change something, for instance, nimh to lipo. Seems like the motor is getting no power to it? The motor doesnt make any noise or hum or anything when batteries are connected. Thanks for your help, very appreciated!
Old Jan 19, 2012, 01:19 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
4,969 Posts
Hi Ronnie,

I'm out of my league here, as I'm not familiar with the proboat stuff.

My ESC's generate the beeps in the motor windings, if you're not hearing anything, either the motor is toast, or the ESC might be defective.

I think a phonecall to proboat is in order.

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is offline Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Jan 19, 2012, 06:04 PM
Joined Dec 2011
118 Posts
Well....I figured it out! I changed the throttle reverse back and forth and the motor spun! Everything is ready, now just waiting for a nice day! Thanks Jan, I appreciate the help and time. ; )