Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 05, 2011, 03:21 PM
Deutschland, SA
Joined May 2011
47 Posts
Post 807

Quote:
2. habe mir ein serielles Display von Spark ADM1602U zugelegt, dieses soll gemäß Plan an die serielle Schnittstelle 3 angeschlossen werden, an 5V, GND und TX, aktivieren mit den Sticks Gier rechts, Nick unten, aber es tut sich nicht's. Außer das sich das Display initialisiert wenn es die 5V erhält ist anschließend auf dem Display nicht's zu sehen.

2. me a serial display of Spark ADM1602U had put this plan is to be connected according to the serial interface 3 to 5V, GND and TX enable, with the sticks right yaw, pitch down, but it's does not. Except that the display is initialized when it receives the 5V, then is not visible on the display's.
Auch dazu möchte ich hier ein Feedback geben, es war auch wieder simpel.
Der Rollstick musste noch von mir negiert werden, das habe ich auch in der Tx getan und schon funktioniert es.

So konnte ich heute meinen Erstflug machen, danke an Alle die zu diesem Projekt beigetragen haben.

Also I would like to provide feedback, it was again simple.
The roller stick had to be denied by me, I've done in the Tx and it works.

So I could make my first flight today, thanks to all who contributed to this project.

hubibubi
hubibubi is offline Find More Posts by hubibubi
Old Jun 05, 2011, 04:34 PM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Great to hear! THX

Also many thanks for this instruction, to be honest i also had a problem with this new type of ftdi when the BEC powerrail was connected it fried me one FTDI
BTW the power delivered by the ftdi is absolutely enough for the sensors and cpu, as long you dont drive your motors with it.
The old type seems to dont have this problems, may had a diode more or something, i also used a new type of ESC, dont really now, they also seems to behave different.
Its an imortant note from GAZA, this is the safe way.
I have a jumper (a real one to pull off) on it, i now unmount it before using the ftdi.
Otherwise GAZA showed a very good workarround, but the easiest will be to use the onboard regulator,atm i consider this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaza07 View Post
I read on another thread for a different board that if you power the board with 5v from an external source than you should not connect the 5v rail from the FTDI,
I made a little adapter with the 5v rail removed there are pictures below altho it says 3v3 on the FTDI it is the 5v version,
Is this the case with the Flyduino board is it better to remove the 5v rail from the FTDI when powering from another source, can it damage the FTDI if you do connect both,
I have always used my little adapter to be safe rather than sorry
Goofy23 is offline Find More Posts by Goofy23
Last edited by Goofy23; Jun 05, 2011 at 05:14 PM.
Old Jun 06, 2011, 04:11 PM
Svizzera, TI, Lugano
Joined Jun 2011
163 Posts
@Goofy 23

It's possible pre-order your board?

Regards
JP
jonnypaletta is offline Find More Posts by jonnypaletta
Old Jun 06, 2011, 10:01 PM
Joined Mar 2011
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rdeyepro View Post
I want one norf!
Yes were can we get one or a template design?
afroman123123 is offline Find More Posts by afroman123123
Old Jun 07, 2011, 02:04 AM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
Great to hear! THX

Also many thanks for this instruction, to be honest i also had a problem with this new type of ftdi when the BEC powerrail was connected it fried me one FTDI
BTW the power delivered by the ftdi is absolutely enough for the sensors and cpu, as long you dont drive your motors with it.
The old type seems to dont have this problems, may had a diode more or something, i also used a new type of ESC, dont really now, they also seems to behave different.
Its an imortant note from GAZA, this is the safe way.
I have a jumper (a real one to pull off) on it, i now unmount it before using the ftdi.
Otherwise GAZA showed a very good workarround, but the easiest will be to use the onboard regulator,atm i consider this.
Ah interesting point ... on my tricopter (normal Arduino Mini Pro), I often had the FTDI adaptor connected whilst the vehicle was being powered from the main battery, so I could look at the GUI with the motors running for example. So with the current Flyduino I shouldn't do this without disconnecting the 5V pin from the FTDI adaptor, or somehow installing a diode between the FTDI adaptor and the Flyduino?

Cheers

David
Hogster is offline Find More Posts by Hogster
Old Jun 07, 2011, 02:35 AM
Italia, Sicilia, Misterbianco
Joined May 2011
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogster View Post
Ah interesting point ... on my tricopter (normal Arduino Mini Pro), I often had the FTDI adaptor connected whilst the vehicle was being powered from the main battery, so I could look at the GUI with the motors running for example. So with the current Flyduino I shouldn't do this without disconnecting the 5V pin from the FTDI adaptor, or somehow installing a diode between the FTDI adaptor and the Flyduino?

Cheers

David
I always connect in this way, actually:
The vehicle connected to the main battery and FTDI adapter connected to the board so to display data at the GUI.
No 5V pin cut!

It works fine ...
EnryCorser is offline Find More Posts by EnryCorser
Old Jun 07, 2011, 02:49 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
flyduino with wmp on a test frame...

mwc quad - foldable frame (1 min 59 sec)
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Jun 07, 2011, 05:16 AM
Deutschland, SA
Joined May 2011
47 Posts
Hallo Warthox,
super video,
wie ist die Lieferzeit bei der Firma?
Wie oft hält das Frame das ein- und ausklappen aus?
Klappen die Arme weg bei Bodenkontakt?

Gruß hubibubi

Hello Warthox,
Super Video,
as is the delivery time for the company?
How often has the frame, the one-off and Expand?
Swing the arms away from the ground?

Greeting hubibub
Old Jun 07, 2011, 05:45 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
Quote:

Cheers

David
I did this too, when the flyduino is powered over the onboard 5V regulator i didnt encountered any problems.
I only had a problem when i used the 5V from the BEC on pin 2 and the 5V bridge, at least with this ftdi i use now and the esc i use now.
I simply pull off the esc from pin2 while using the ftdi now.
Just wanted to mention it cause i killed one FTDI.

He He, great to see Warthox.
Also build myself a quad right now, but not foldable.
Allready flew it with stock settings, it was absolutely great, especially the autostable was very good, good feeling.
But there was a tree in the way, i damaged some motors, exchanged them yesterday, try to rebuild it today, hopefully i will get the perfomance from yesterday back was very pleased with it.

I disabled the preorder in my shop, but i seems you all understand the delivery times so i may will enable it again.
Last edited by Goofy23; Jun 07, 2011 at 05:52 AM.
Old Jun 07, 2011, 06:41 AM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,210 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy23 View Post
I did this too, when the flyduino is powered over the onboard 5V regulator i didnt encountered any problems.
I only had a problem when i used the 5V from the BEC on pin 2 and the 5V bridge, at least with this ftdi i use now and the esc i use now.
I simply pull off the esc from pin2 while using the ftdi now.
Just wanted to mention it cause i killed one FTDI.
Hi Paul,

Would this be the same situation if I fed 5V into the pins on the bottom left of the board (as per my diagram)?

Cheers

David
Hogster is offline Find More Posts by Hogster
Old Jun 07, 2011, 07:01 AM
RTFM // copter damaged
Joined Aug 2009
1,726 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hubibubi View Post
Hallo Warthox,
super video,
wie ist die Lieferzeit bei der Firma?
Wie oft hält das Frame das ein- und ausklappen aus?
Klappen die Arme weg bei Bodenkontakt?

Gruß hubibubi

Hello Warthox,
Super Video,
as is the delivery time for the company?
How often has the frame, the one-off and Expand?
Swing the arms away from the ground?

Greeting hubibub
its pretty fast. my last orders took arround a week to germany. they send with dhl express.
i dont know how often u can open and close the frame till its worn out. the first flight was at weekend. so i dont flew it often yet.
depending on how u hit the ground the arms fold in.
warthox is offline Find More Posts by warthox
Old Jun 07, 2011, 08:20 AM
Deutschland, SA
Joined May 2011
47 Posts
Quote:
its pretty fast. my last orders took arround a week to germany. they send with dhl express.
i dont know how often u can open and close the frame till its worn out. the first flight was at weekend. so i dont flew it often yet.
depending on how u hit the ground the arms fold in.
Ist schon klar das du auch noch nicht weißt wie oft diese Verbindung das aushält.
Würdest du sagen es ist ein stabiles Frame und es ist seinen Preis wert?
Mit Versand + Einfuhrsteuer ist es ja schon ein ordentlicher Preis.

Ich denke das du schon genug an Erfahrung mit diversen Frames gesammelt hast um zu sagen, der Verbindung gebe ich 20mal ein- ausklappen dann sind die lose oder öfter.
Das Zusammenfalten gefällt mir aber absolut, wie du im Video zeigtest, zusammenklappen und tschüß.

Is already clear that you do not yet know how many times the connection can withstand that.
Would you tell a sturdy frame and is worth its price?
With shipping + import tax is already a decent price.

I think you've already collected enough experience with various frames to tell the connection I give a 20 times, then unfold the loose or more.
The folding like me but absolutely, as you showed in the video, folded and goodbye.

hubibubi
Old Jun 07, 2011, 11:03 AM
Hamburg, Germany
Joined Jan 2011
1,075 Posts
I think you mean your external BEC.
The problem is the FTDI get overloaded, he is only able to deliver 50ma, in the case the exteranl BEC is connected the chance is pretty high the current will be delivered by the external bec, so the FTDI wont be overloaded.
ATM i am struggling also with some problem with my new build, one ESC burned and one RX wont bind, seems to be faulty units.
The Flyduino is still perfectly alive but the other components have to be checked.
Quote:
Hi Paul,

Would this be the same situation if I fed 5V into the pins on the bottom left of the board (as per my diagram)?

Cheers

David
Old Jun 07, 2011, 01:04 PM
United Kingdom, England, Nottingham
Joined Nov 2002
814 Posts
I received my Allinone sensor board today and my GPS module (just need a GPS bob now )
Heres a picture of how I wired mine I have tried it with the mutiwii code and every thing appears to be working, I have performed a test hover and all seemed fine the auto level and the mag but the baro seemed to make it a little unstable
Gaza07 is offline Find More Posts by Gaza07