HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 04, 2014, 01:52 PM
Keep em' high and let it fly
United States, TX, Dallas
Joined Aug 2013
993 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyeraroo View Post
First check for something slipping. If it's rotating to the right it would mean something could be slipping on the upper gear, lower rotor head, or the pinion on the motor that drives the upper gear. (lower rotor)
Make sure you center your rudder trim on the transmitter, and normally you adjust the proportional mix opposite of the direction of the yaw. So you would be adjusting counterclockwise on the mixer (3 in 1) for yawing to the right.
It could also mean something is binding somewhere on the lower rotor to slow it down. (like missing the little step washer that sits just above the upper gear on the outer shaft, and rides against the race of the bearing)
Yes indeed excellent pointer! I think I didn't insert the gold copper washing above the gear on the outer shaft. No wonder my heli tends to eventually turns to the right/left. I also notice on the motor pinion that turns the outer shaft, it has to go in the correct side. The pinion on one side has a smooth round ring that sticks out from the base of the gear, this side needs to face outward away from the motor. I learn this the hard way and caused the other gear to touch it. Aero-Nutz needs to hurry up and send me my pinions so I can assemble it on the motors!
vincent713 is offline Find More Posts by vincent713
to remove ads between posts