I need a good old protractor.
Wasp09 is offline Find More Posts by Wasp09
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eggma View Post
yeah... and I find the servo overthrow correction will be helpful to Master Cp and other big helis as well.

Also I just didn't know my heli's potential was limited by improper set-up until I've seen his videos.. I always thought it was the motor / battery.
ummmm, I would say that his collective management is quite good though. If you are a newer flier you will be hard pressed to perform some of the stunts he does on 1s.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt
Old Yesterday, 08:11 PM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
ummmm, I would say that his collective management is quite good though. If you are a newer flier you will be hard pressed to perform some of the stunts he does on 1s.
+1 and I would add that even if your an experienced 3D pilot on a 550 class or something. Trying to perform 3D moves that you do every day with your 550 on a V120D02S using 1S lipos and the stock gyro will be a MAJOR challenge. Like pmerritt implied. If you over throw your collective you kill your performance. When your used to something like a 550. Over throwing your collective isn't a problem and it might even be a little fun. So when you get to flying a V120 in 3D and your used to being able to flick the sticks around like nothing. Well, there might some issues on the 1S V120 with bogging, tail kicking, and crashing
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Today, 01:16 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2013
439 Posts
Can we get back to my original question on page 940 ?
jamichx is offline Find More Posts by jamichx
Old Today, 01:32 AM
IHW Heli Division
United States, FL, Palm Coast
Joined Mar 2012
6,488 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamichx View Post
How do you guys straighten up tail shaft ?

I did mine but still needs work and don't have any good tool for that. The tail is still not ok and wobbles a little bit.

Lets hear how you do it ...
This question?

To straighten a shaft i usually drill a few holes in a block of wood just a bit smaller than the shaft. Than i run the shaft through to heat it and straighten it. But you can't really do that with the V120 original shaft because the hub doesn't come off. But thinking back i don't think i ever bent a tail shaft that i can remember.
IntegrityHndywrk is offline Find More Posts by IntegrityHndywrk
Old Today, 02:05 AM
Joined Sep 2012
136 Posts
I don't recall I've had a bent v120 stock tail shaft either - but have several times had them snap in half.

You can tap out the tiny pin securing it to the hub to remove the shaft. I've occassion replaced it with the 130x tail shaft, reusing the V120 tail hub - perfect for the slipper clutch. Just remember to use loctite when inserting the shaft into the hub .
soonglim is online now Find More Posts by soonglim
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: V120D02S with 130X Main Gear
Old Today, 03:49 AM
United Kingdom
Joined Sep 2013
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntegrityHndywrk View Post
This question?

To straighten a shaft i usually drill a few holes in a block of wood just a bit smaller than the shaft. Than i run the shaft through to heat it and straighten it. But you can't really do that with the V120 original shaft because the hub doesn't come off. But thinking back i don't think i ever bent a tail shaft that i can remember.
I am using bob's clutch not original shaft ? But I like your idea.
jamichx is offline Find More Posts by jamichx
Old Today, 07:54 AM
Heli Crash Survivor
United States, AR, North Little Rock
Joined Feb 2011
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamichx View Post
I am using bob's clutch not original shaft ? But I like your idea.
2 weeks ago my son requested me to repair his V120. His Bob's tail shaft was bent right at were the notch is at for the locking collar. I just eye ball it & held with a pair of needle nose pliers at the edge of the notch & with thumb pressed other end of shaft. My intent if that didn't work was to put his stock shaft back on, but to my surprise it bent back pretty easy & didn't break.
Crash Survivor is online now Find More Posts by Crash Survivor