Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Apr 24, 2011, 07:19 AM
Philippines
Joined Dec 2010
532 Posts
Can I change parameters, such as gps gain, while flying via xbee?
Ab74 is offline Find More Posts by Ab74
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2011, 08:03 AM
Joined Mar 2010
256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
Only if you want to stop flying 1/2 second afterwards - it causes a flt-ctrl reset - ask me how I know!
You might be able to use a "serial channel" though - I've not tried that. I was talking about changing setting in MKtool.
jim80 is offline Find More Posts by jim80
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:25 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ab74 View Post
You can assign the value to a Poti (slider or knob) on another channel and change it while flying without having the board reset. But if you try writing values from MKtools, well..... ouch!!!
MalaysianFlyer is offline Find More Posts by MalaysianFlyer
Old Apr 24, 2011, 09:31 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,174 Posts
Anyone using the 1hoch4 ESCs with Pulso 2820/14 motors? I just tested my first one, with no prop on the motor, 50% of the time it starts running with a rough sound and I noticed that this causes the ESC to get hot. Currently have it set at 16kHz, was thinking of trying 10kHz, but wanted to check with you guys if it could be something else causing this issue. If I push the Gas value higher in motor test it usually goes back to running normal. Hope someone can help.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:05 AM
Joined Feb 2005
2,384 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a HexaX6 config file? I understand the hexa config file has the FC point to motor #1 and then you can move the red line between motors 1 and 2. My frame has the FC mount and point between 1 and 2. I don't think I can use the hexa config with the FC pointing between 1 and 2. It would still think it's pointing at 1. Couldn't find anything when I searched.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Apr 24, 2011, 10:09 AM
Joined Apr 2007
1,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Does anyone know if there is a HexaX6 config file? I understand the hexa config file has the FC point to motor #1 and then you can move the red line between motors 1 and 2. My frame has the FC mount and point between 1 and 2. I don't think I can use the hexa config with the FC pointing between 1 and 2. It would still think it's pointing at 1. Couldn't find anything when I searched.
Maybe rotate the FC 90 degrees then adjust the line 90 degrees as well?? that should get it pointing between the two motors.

Or you could make your own mixer file.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 05:33 PM
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffythesaint View Post
Does anyone know if there is a HexaX6 config file?
You can make your own easily Buffy. for pitch set your front motors to 64 and backs to -64 (middles should be 0), for roll set middle left to 64, middle right to -64, others to 0, for yaw just use settings from standart hexa config.

pm me if you will have problems with that, I'll send you mixer table I successfully using on same to yours Sergey's hexa frame.
btw, if you use heavy lift motors like mk3538, be careful with motormounts - they dont hold large motors, I have at least 3 crashes and one hardly damaged finger because of motors tearing off.

cheers
Dimitri
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit
Last edited by mitmit; Apr 24, 2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old Apr 24, 2011, 06:44 PM
Joined Feb 2005
2,384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitmit View Post
You can make your own easily Buffy. for pitch set your front motors to 64 and backs to -64 (middles should be 0), for roll set middle left to 64, middle right to -64, others to 0, for yaw just use settings from standart hexa config.

pm me if you will have problems with that, I'll send you mixer table I successfully using on same to yours Sergey's hexa frame.
btw, if you use heavy lift motors like mk3538, be careful with motormounts - they dont hold large motors, I have at least 3 crashes and one hardly damaged finger because of motors tearing off.

cheers
Dimitri
Thanks Dimitri. I see the mixer table in MKtools and never touched them as you had to do some extra key strokes to get to that tab. Must be a reason for that. Do I load the hexa config first and then make the changes? looks easy to do now that you explained it.

I was thinking the same thing about the motor plate. Not much for the screws to grab onto. I think an aluminium cross piece, on the underside, sandwiching the motor plate and motor would do a good job at distributing any forces being applied. Did the 3 plate screws/bushings hold up?

Brian.
Buffythesaint is online now Find More Posts by Buffythesaint
Old Apr 25, 2011, 05:31 AM
Joined Mar 2005
134 Posts
Hexacopter and the Pano Controller

Hi Does anyone here do 360 panorama pictures?
Hexacopter and the Pano Controller (2 min 45 sec)
pistaandrea is offline Find More Posts by pistaandrea
Old Apr 26, 2011, 01:42 AM
Austin, Texas
Joined Apr 2009
499 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistaandrea View Post
Hi Does anyone here do 360 panorama pictures?
That's really cool. I know a guy that built a similar pano mount but for ground photos. He got incredible results.
Do you have any examples of your pano pictures we can see?

I'm curious about your hexa. What ESC's, Motors, and Props are you using?

Brent
dmsgodeep is offline Find More Posts by dmsgodeep
Old Apr 26, 2011, 05:20 AM
Belgrade, Serbia
Joined May 2010
444 Posts
Bujacic (3 min 53 sec)

Same place 8 months ago with tricopter and Gopro

tricopter with Gopro (5 min 55 sec)
dragant is offline Find More Posts by dragant
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:25 AM
Moscow
Joined Jul 2006
392 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragant View Post
Bujacic
extremely well done Dragan, Честитам !
nice spring you have there in Serbia btw.

cheers
Dimitri
mitmit is offline Find More Posts by mitmit
Last edited by mitmit; Apr 26, 2011 at 09:35 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 01:43 AM
Moscow, Russia
Joined Feb 2009
268 Posts
Quote:
http://vimeo.com/22881940

http://vimeo.com/14403861

Very smooth video, Dragan! Congratulations!
AndrKolom is offline Find More Posts by AndrKolom
Old Apr 27, 2011, 04:34 AM
USA, VA, Richmond
Joined Jan 2011
188 Posts
There was another panorama setup that involved five gopros and a custom pcb trigger. From photoshipone I think the picture is of some university of Arizona stadium. Very interesting shots. It's what they call convergent evolution.
SirFishaLot is offline Find More Posts by SirFishaLot
Last edited by SirFishaLot; Apr 27, 2011 at 04:41 AM.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 01:03 PM
Joined Mar 2010
94 Posts
Awesome video man, very smooth and the music fits it great. Congrads.
Quote:
http://vimeo.com/22881940

http://vimeo.com/14403861
tunin is offline Find More Posts by tunin