Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 07, 2014, 08:10 PM
USA, VA, Newport News
Joined Jan 2010
1,471 Posts
Maxamps is a joke...120C...that's like 600 amps. Do they really think people are that stupid?
Cabledawg1 is online now Find More Posts by Cabledawg1
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 07, 2014, 08:29 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Aug 2008
4,487 Posts
The darn thing would burn the hell up at that amp draw. That type of advertisement just screams "bull", and is taking advantage of hobbyists that didn't know any better. It's a shame to see companies do that.

Then again, it's a business and they seem like they are in it to make the greatest profitability, and not to improve RC and provide honest products while making a living at the same time.
T-CAT is offline Find More Posts by T-CAT
Last edited by T-CAT; Jul 07, 2014 at 08:36 PM.
Old Jul 07, 2014, 08:35 PM
Joined Aug 2008
4,487 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovrin View Post
Thanks for the Lipo suggestion, very true what you said price it high, get a better product. I will order a couple of 6s 5000mah from Revoelectrix and put them on a watt meter and see which one is better, i dont mind paying a high price ....i just want performance. It doesnt matter what i pay, i only want the best??
You bet ! I have linked a GREAT thread below that was created by MCSGUY regarding battery comparisons and testing. He has done a great thorough testing of various batteries of all types of brands. The entire read is worth it. Soon, he will begin testing a different batch of batteries of various brands to see how they stack up against each other. This is much more than simple watt meter testing and IR. You will find it incredibly helpful, and hopefully it will save you some dough at the same time when looking for batteries worth your hard earned money.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1767093
Old Jul 07, 2014, 10:54 PM
Comin' in HOT!
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Dec 2012
2,155 Posts
Pics of the battery bay. Revo 4400 60c in there for size comparison. Guys at my field fly up to 5200mah. Im getting 3:45-4:00 out of mine.
tdford is offline Find More Posts by tdford
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tdford; Jul 07, 2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old Jul 08, 2014, 10:53 AM
Wild & Crazy
United States, AR, Little Rock
Joined Apr 2013
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT View Post
You bet ! I have linked a GREAT thread below that was created by MCSGUY regarding battery comparisons and testing. He has done a great thorough testing of various batteries of all types of brands. The entire read is worth it. Soon, he will begin testing a different batch of batteries of various brands to see how they stack up against each other. This is much more than simple watt meter testing and IR. You will find it incredibly helpful, and hopefully it will save you some dough at the same time when looking for batteries worth your hard earned money.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1767093
Yes i agree, That is a GREAT read, very interesting and enlightening. As of now im dumping Maxamps and going with Revolectrics or Dinogy
Sovrin is offline Find More Posts by Sovrin
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 09, 2014, 12:19 PM
Comin' in HOT!
Joined Dec 2012
2,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdford View Post
Buddy took some flight video yesterday in 15-20mph winds.... I'll get it posted later today.
Sorry for the delay. Not the most ideal conditions for video, but we did it anyway. Thanks BM3!

This was my first time putting the F18 through high winds. She flys pretty well in them, no problem. I dropped the flaps at like 1:40 for a slow flyby and she dove so I aborted that. That was the first time that it had dove with flaps. Probably the wind assisting in that. My landing was a bit shaky for me. I did only half flaps (which is what I took off with) given the wind, whereas I usually land full flaps.

FW v2 F-18 90mm EDF Full Flight 15-20mph winds (3 min 58 sec)

Revo 6s 4400mah 60c
73A
1665w

I haven't changed any of my ESC settings from factory, but it probably comes with Medium or Low timing. A fellow club member changed his to High and saw a 300w increase, 2000+ watts. I'm happy with stock performance, and it's not taxing my batteries at all at the current settings, so I may keep it the same.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-18 v2
Old Jul 09, 2014, 07:45 PM
Eyes on the ball
U.S.A.
Joined Jan 2003
261 Posts
Thank you for posting this video, awesome flying!
Noticed you had a telemetry box on you TX, please share the info if you like. I'm interested in acquiring a system...
Thx
flyboss is offline Find More Posts by flyboss
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:53 AM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,839 Posts
Thanks for the video, that jet was moving!! your watts seems way off ,at less than 1700? My old stock 5-6 blade original motor was pulling those numbers, im pulling 2200-2400 on my change sun 12 blader on 6s,
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap
Old Jul 10, 2014, 08:44 AM
Comin' in HOT!
Joined Dec 2012
2,155 Posts
Thanks fellas. With the wind I didn't want to bring it too low, and I would take it up after the pass so that with the down wind turn I'd have plenty of altitude lol. I'll try to get BM3 out there to video before noon when it's usually breathless...

The ESC is limiting the power. It acts like a governor. Both brand of lipos I'm using had the same numbers.

(2) Revo 60c
CHL 40c

When I get some time I'll test at each ESC setting: Low, Medium, High timing. The other club member (totalperfm) is using Admiral and Genesis and saw aprox the same numbers until he went to high timing.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by tdford; Jul 10, 2014 at 08:55 AM.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 09:24 AM
USA, VA, Newport News
Joined Jan 2010
1,471 Posts
One of the things youll notice with high timing is increased heat. Might not be a summer setting I would use...just a thought.
Cabledawg1 is online now Find More Posts by Cabledawg1
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:40 AM
Joined Aug 2008
4,487 Posts
Quote:
Sorry for the delay. Not the most ideal conditions for video, but we did it anyway. Thanks BM3!

This was my first time putting the F18 through high winds. She flys pretty well in them, no problem. I dropped the flaps at like 1:40 for a slow flyby and she dove so I aborted that. That was the first time that it had dove with flaps. Probably the wind assisting in that. My landing was a bit shaky for me. I did only half flaps (which is what I took off with) given the wind, whereas I usually land full flaps.

http://youtu.be/5W4GCxrSFhs

Revo 6s 4400mah 60c
73A
1665w

I haven't changed any of my ESC settings from factory, but it probably comes with Medium or Low timing. A fellow club member changed his to High and saw a 300w increase, 2000+ watts. I'm happy with stock performance, and it's not taxing my batteries at all at the current settings, so I may keep it the same.
Great flight td! That airfield is freaking amazing. Ugh, I may have to drive all the way out there to fly and test it out . Ha-ha
Old Jul 10, 2014, 01:09 PM
Comin' in HOT!
Joined Dec 2012
2,155 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabledawg1 View Post
One of the things youll notice with high timing is increased heat. Might not be a summer setting I would use...just a thought.
Yes, good point. If I end up wanting to go to high timing I may wait till after the summer. We'll see after I get some tests performed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-CAT View Post
Great flight td! That airfield is freaking amazing. Ugh, I may have to drive all the way out there to fly and test it out . Ha-ha
Prove it!!!
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Freewing 90mm F-18 v2
Old Jul 10, 2014, 04:17 PM
Joined Dec 2013
1,767 Posts
Quote:
Yes, good point. If I end up wanting to go to high timing I may wait till after the summer. We'll see after I get some tests performed.

Prove it!!!
How about flying there to try it out... ...lol....
HellHathNoFury is online now Find More Posts by HellHathNoFury
Old Yesterday, 08:14 PM
dallas tx
Joined Jun 2003
2,839 Posts
What was the amps on high setting? Im assuming around 100. Which is what alot of the cs12's where pulling on 6s.
capt soap is offline Find More Posts by capt soap