SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 21, 2012, 03:50 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronrob61 View Post
If you have the latest RiteWing ESC, the blue 65amp model then the turnigy programing card WILL NOT work. Chris can sell you the proper card for the blue ESCs.
Thanks for the heads up on the programming card. I just purchased one from someone that no longer needed it but I'm not out a lot of money. I'm sure I will find a use for it if and when I purchase any Turnigy ESC's.

Chris

Please send me a quote for the correct programming card for the blue 65A BESC. Thanks.

Vince
Eagle202 is online now Find More Posts by Eagle202
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 21, 2012, 03:51 PM
WOT happened?
Canada, BC, Vancouver
Joined Sep 2011
203 Posts
Thanks ronrob! I'm glad you understood my meaning.
Your answer was the one I was hoping for. I knew the zII uses very subtle throw in order to fly.. I just wasn't sure if it would aileron-down so much that the heel of the backwards aileron would come into contact with the trailing edge of the wing.
chicken sashimi is offline Find More Posts by chicken sashimi
Old Apr 21, 2012, 04:43 PM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
Your esc is programmed from me, I have cards on order now.
I set the break and timing already.
You can tell by when you hook up the esc that you feel some resistance when you try to hand turn the motor shaft. Then un hook and try, you will see its set.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Thanks for the heads up on the programming card. I just purchased one from someone that no longer needed it but I'm not out a lot of money. I'm sure I will find a use for it if and when I purchase any Turnigy ESC's.

Chris

Please send me a quote for the correct programming card for the blue 65A BESC. Thanks.

Vince
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique
Old Apr 21, 2012, 08:54 PM
United States, FL, Clearwater
Joined Aug 2011
1,604 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique View Post
Your esc is programmed from me, I have cards on order now.
I set the break and timing already.
You can tell by when you hook up the esc that you feel some resistance when you try to hand turn the motor shaft. Then un hook and try, you will see its set.
I did notice that the motor was harder to rotate when the ESC had power and was easy to rotate without. I figured you had already preset everything but I wasn't exactly sure. Thanks for the info.

That puts me a little closer to my maiden. Just have to work on installing the bungee launch hook. I believe you indicated it should be 3 1/8" or 1/3 the distance of the 9 3/8'' length to the CG.
Eagle202 is online now Find More Posts by Eagle202
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:14 PM
FPV nut
Sorrento, FL
Joined Nov 2010
704 Posts
So here are a couple pics of my Z2 that has been missing for a month. I dont have any idea how the support rods could possible be this shredded with almost NO damage on the nose or leading edges. The only thing that I could find is the dragon link and the servos (all still work). The SMA plug for the VTX was not stripped but the vtx is gone. Makes me think it had to be unscrewed. I believe the plane was broken by a person and stripped. I just can not believe these rods broke like this from an impact.Name: photo (20).jpg
Views: 227
Size: 150.5 KB
Description: Name: photo (21).jpg
Views: 220
Size: 119.7 KB
Description:
traderdmb is offline Find More Posts by traderdmb
Old Apr 22, 2012, 09:57 PM
I do all my own crashes
United States, NH, Rochester
Joined Jan 2011
243 Posts
Well that sucks...... I'm glad you recovered some equipment anyhow. I agree it doesn't look like damage from "landing".
Wingnut13 is offline Find More Posts by Wingnut13
Old Apr 22, 2012, 10:35 PM
Beyond the BlackStump
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Mar 2006
317 Posts
I had a smaller, very fast wing with carbon spars that hit an overhead line and looked pretty much identical to that. Spars were shredded.
Macattaka is offline Find More Posts by Macattaka
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:34 AM
There's magic in those wings !
Joined Nov 2006
4,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by klique View Post
Well it looks like you veered off from the suggested build quite a bit.
My build without bats come in about 38 to 41 oz usually , yours is 52 oz.
No need for hotglue in the winglets , this adds tons of tail weight , its not needed!!!

Your motor is low in KV and would do better on 5s, your bats should be in the 3000 to 3400 range with a go pro, 4000 mite be ok if you build wasnt almost a pound over weight and you are not running a go pro.
My motor will work better than the hyperion on your given setup, but the esc is a bit small for long WO runs.

I think you need to find that sweet spot between building it to fly or building it to crash, its looks prety much overbuilt with too much bat and too much love to the build and not enough motor, all these things will add up, heavy winglets will kill you , you want the weight centered if all possible.

It flys great heavy , but its harder to launch and needs more power, lol ,lucky you over built it
Thank you for the detailed reply Chris .. much appreciated .. I'll see what I can do to make it work better for me ..

Khaled
khaled_abobakr is offline Find More Posts by khaled_abobakr
Old Apr 23, 2012, 04:35 AM
Joined Nov 2006
4,851 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by traderdmb View Post
So here are a couple pics of my Z2 that has been missing for a month. I dont have any idea how the support rods could possible be this shredded with almost NO damage on the nose or leading edges. The only thing that I could find is the dragon link and the servos (all still work). The SMA plug for the VTX was not stripped but the vtx is gone. Makes me think it had to be unscrewed. I believe the plane was broken by a person and stripped. I just can not believe these rods broke like this from an impact.Attachment 4804902Attachment 4804903
I'm really sorry for your loss.. and I hope you can get another one in the air so soon, I'm sure Chris can give you a good deal on a 2nd ZII .. He is so kind

Khaled
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:01 AM
United States, AZ, Gilbert
Joined Nov 2011
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicken sashimi View Post
Thanks ronrob! I'm glad you understood my meaning.
Your answer was the one I was hoping for. I knew the zII uses very subtle throw in order to fly.. I just wasn't sure if it would aileron-down so much that the heel of the backwards aileron would come into contact with the trailing edge of the wing.
No Problem Vince. I work direct with Chris and do the ZII arf builds as well. We make sure to program all the escs before they ship.(break on) If you ever have any build questions feel free to hit me up. IM me here or email me at ritewingbuilds@gmail.com
Ron
ronrob61 is offline Find More Posts by ronrob61
Old Apr 23, 2012, 05:55 AM
UK, South Yorkshire, Sheffield
Joined May 2009
968 Posts
Seasoned Salty Sea-dog and the New Cod on the block (on a hammock)
Bandarra is offline Find More Posts by Bandarra
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:09 AM
Joined Nov 2006
4,851 Posts
Hi

I'm still getting the hang of my ZII .. and noticed something that I want to make sure if it is normal or not

When I try to rock the ZII wing on purpose by continuous Aileron input (right and left, right and left, ... and so on) ... I don't get clean roll motion .. it's combined with a little yaw (Wag)

Can someone please tel me what I should do about it .. ??

Thanks a lot

Khaled
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:33 AM
Old Blighty
Joined Apr 2010
1,688 Posts
How much are you seeing? I think a little is normal.
Ian Davidson is offline Find More Posts by Ian Davidson
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:41 AM
Lafayette,CO
Joined Jan 2009
165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by khaled_abobakr View Post
Hi

I'm still getting the hang of my ZII .. and noticed something that I want to make sure if it is normal or not

When I try to rock the ZII wing on purpose by continuous Aileron input (right and left, right and left, ... and so on) ... I don't get clean roll motion .. it's combined with a little yaw (Wag)

Can someone please tel me what I should do about it .. ??

Thanks a lot

Khaled
It's called adverse yaw. As you increase lift you also increase drag, and when you decrease drag you decrease lift. Therefore in say a left turn, the right aileron goes down and increases drag on the right wing. The left aileron goes up and thus decreases lift. So in this situation there will be a yawing tendency to the right (away from direction of roll). This results in a un-coordinated and in this case a slipping turn. Usually you add a bit of rudder into the turn (left roll, left rudder). Most aircraft also have less deflection down on the ailerons to lessen the adverse yaw effect. You can do that through your mixing. I think its under differential. It will soften that yawing effect but it won't completely remove it. Hope this helps.
-Mike
flyerdiver is offline Find More Posts by flyerdiver
Old Apr 23, 2012, 11:42 AM
Mum is the word!
Joined Jun 2003
6,793 Posts
Lower your rates and fly it smooth, rocking anything back and forth will make even you car wag.
I like to set a few flight conditions , one for flying smooth with lower rates , and one for slower speeds where you need some more throw.
Fast servos and fast movements will do this , are your elevons tapered .
Fly it as if you were filming video NICE AND SMOOTH !!!

Setup and piloting plays a huge role in making your ZII fly clean and smooth.
And yes a little ail diferential will smooth it some.

Let the plane fly!
klique is offline Find More Posts by klique