HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 12, 2010, 12:47 PM
tape does magic......
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Jan 2009
98 Posts
Build Log
Micro indoor flyer

Hey guys! i recently built a micro plane. I used the electronics from a Blade MCX, not mine of course. Its mostly balsa(even the pushrods), i was trying to use the lightest i could find. Gearbox is all homemade, i just took apart an old standard servo. It seems like the gears were designed to fit the pinion on the mcx motor. Prop shaft is a screw from that same standard servo... I'm using just one motor, MCX has 2.... so i get like half an hour flight times with throttle management, on a 130mah 1cell lipo. Half stick keeps the plane airborne. The prop i used....i think its the one from Vapor, but cut down and bent a little.
I'm using 3 channels:rudder, elevator, and throttle. And the good thing is that the gyro doesn't affect the flight performance.
I know, i know it not a beauty, but it flies GREAT!! However it doesn't like the wind, a little breeze blows it away. Sorry i don't have plans for it. I just imagined what i want the plane to look like, and built it....in half an hour...

Michael
mihahonduras is offline Find More Posts by mihahonduras
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2010, 05:12 PM
Storm Runner guy
USA, OK, Muskogee
Joined Nov 2008
3,581 Posts
Congratulations!
It does what you want, how you want and when you want
No point making something pretty if it doesn't fly. Quite the novel gearbox there, from looking at the pics.
Slider2732 is offline Find More Posts by Slider2732
Old Jan 12, 2010, 10:02 PM
tape does magic......
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Jan 2009
98 Posts
Thanks! Yeah... it was doing what i wanted to for at least 3 hours but a little later i tried it with 2 mcx motors))) it became a different plane... was really hard to fly indoors at wot
mihahonduras is offline Find More Posts by mihahonduras
Old Jan 13, 2010, 01:23 AM
Love the sport, not the plane
Hawaii
Joined Oct 2009
1,234 Posts
You would think so. Whats the AUW?
dylantorquerol is offline Find More Posts by dylantorquerol
Old Jan 13, 2010, 07:39 AM
tape does magic......
Moldova, Chisinau
Joined Jan 2009