HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 25, 2010, 01:57 AM
Registered User
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2009
62 Posts
its for a funjet with
http://www.extremerc.com.au/estore/i...roducts_id=215
GeoffW81 is offline Find More Posts by GeoffW81
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2010, 03:28 AM
Registered User
chancesAU's Avatar
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffW81 View Post
For those living in Brisbane, where do you get your batteries from?
local or over the net?
Yeah I only choose hobby city...
Not flying $2000 aircraft tho, so my $29 lipo's work great

Theres some really light small batterys for my fox but theyre $25 each
Same Mah @ hobby city is $7

Depends how rich you are
I have other mates who ONLY fly with Evo Flightpower lipos (I think thats them)...

Just seen your FJ setup....
Perhaps the Rhino 40c lipos at hobby city... I wouldnt go any less "C" with that much power unless you pair up some 1200mah??

Another edit... just noticed hobby city has 40c zippy lipos too!
Cant hurt to try them 1st before you spend a fortune on the others.
chancesAU is offline Find More Posts by chancesAU
Last edited by chancesAU; Jan 25, 2010 at 03:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 07:56 AM
The FPV Ninja
Bindle83's Avatar
Brisbane, South East QLD
Joined Dec 2008
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancesAU View Post
Sorry missed your message...
The Fox itself is less then $200 with camera, tx & battery...
Let me know if you need more details, heaps of stuff in the last couple pages of the build thread.
How about i give you the $200 and you get the stuff for me
I need a muck about plane to show the boys at LARCS that FPV is safe and totally controllable

Bindle83

PS. I cant wait for the Predator to arrive I bought a bomb kit for it servo detachable and can carry powder for the nice explosions

all planned to attach to the bottom
Bindle83 is offline Find More Posts by Bindle83
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 07:59 AM
The FPV Ninja
Bindle83's Avatar
Brisbane, South East QLD
Joined Dec 2008
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffW81 View Post
For those living in Brisbane, where do you get your batteries from?
local or over the net?
Geoff,

Mate i source most of my batteries through either Budget Hobbies in Capalaba or through the net. Lipos i generally get here but the rx packs mainly get from the states/china.

Bindle83
Bindle83 is offline Find More Posts by Bindle83
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:00 AM
Post # 20 million
Kev.au's Avatar
Joined Aug 2009
2,646 Posts
^^^ Getting that through customs should be interesting .

Let us know how the Predator flies.
Kev.au is offline Find More Posts by Kev.au
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:05 AM
The FPV Ninja
Bindle83's Avatar
Brisbane, South East QLD
Joined Dec 2008
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffW81 View Post
Hey Geoff before you go buy that set up, think about getting some bits locally, i can get a 2w18 for $90 from a shop and also you can pick up the esc for pretty cheap from places like Hobby King. i bet i can get that for quite a bit less than $179 au. The Het typhoon motors are really good motors. the 2w20 will only need a 60A speedy running a 4.75 square APC prop. The reason i know is because i have been around a mate who flys voodoo 400 pylon racers. if you want more info i can probably help you out there.
Bindle83 is offline Find More Posts by Bindle83
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:05 AM
The FPV Ninja
Bindle83's Avatar
Brisbane, South East QLD
Joined Dec 2008
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev.au View Post
^^^ Getting that through customs should be interesting .

Let us know how the Predator flies.
it is already here ahahahaha
Bindle83 is offline Find More Posts by Bindle83
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:09 AM
Registered User
chancesAU's Avatar
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Hehe Bindle...
We need to meet up sometime, I flew my fox down at LARCS not long ago, the day we were looking for the downed pylon racer actually (never found )
Gave Michael from WiredRC a fly... he loved it

Ill be doing a job early tomorrow down the gold coast, taking the fox...
Not sure how busy the beach is but I might just fly it anyway hehe
Might get some nice chicky babes, although they will just be a blur :P

We'll see how the wind is when I knock off.
chancesAU is offline Find More Posts by chancesAU
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:12 AM
The FPV Ninja
Bindle83's Avatar
Brisbane, South East QLD
Joined Dec 2008
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancesAU View Post
Hehe Bindle...
We need to meet up sometime, I flew my fox down at LARCS not long ago, the day we were looking for the downed pylon racer actually (never found )
Gave Michael from WiredRC a fly... he loved it

Ill be doing a job early tomorrow down the gold coast, taking the fox...
Not sure how busy the beach is but I might just fly it anyway hehe
Might get some nice chicky babes, although they will just be a blur :P

We'll see how the wind is when I knock off.
We have been meaning to catch up but havent had the chance, or i'm too lazy possibly. If I am going to be at LARCS it will be on a Sunday or a Monday generally. That swamp to the right of the strip is very notorious for eating planes and not giving them back
Bindle83 is offline Find More Posts by Bindle83
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:18 AM
Registered User
chancesAU's Avatar
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindle83 View Post
We have been meaning to catch up but havent had the chance, or i'm too lazy possibly. If I am going to be at LARCS it will be on a Sunday or a Monday generally. That swamp to the right of the strip is very notorious for eating planes and not giving them back
I thought you weren't allowed to fly out that far to the right??
chancesAU is offline Find More Posts by chancesAU
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:22 AM
The FPV Ninja
Bindle83's Avatar
Brisbane, South East QLD
Joined Dec 2008
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancesAU View Post
I thought you weren't allowed to fly out that far to the right??
Sssshhh The eagles are circling... all my approaches come from nevada so it is more exciting that way...

I havent lost a plane in there anyway...

Oh, bit of news ordered the LRS system from Thomas the other day so i cant wait for that one 10k range here we come
Bindle83 is offline Find More Posts by Bindle83
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:23 AM
Registered User
chancesAU's Avatar
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Hehe nice!
I need to send my dragonlink back still :|
Then we can have some fun!
chancesAU is offline Find More Posts by chancesAU
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:26 AM
The FPV Ninja
Bindle83's Avatar
Brisbane, South East QLD
Joined Dec 2008
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chancesAU View Post
Hehe nice!
I need to send my dragonlink back still :|
Then we can have some fun!
what happened to the DL??? did you blow it up?
Bindle83 is offline Find More Posts by Bindle83
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:30 AM
Registered User
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Mar 2009
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bindle83 View Post
Hey Geoff before you go buy that set up
to late, iv had it for a couple of weeks now.
just haven't been able to find li-po.
i was gona get it from rc warehouse but they don't exist anymore.
GeoffW81 is offline Find More Posts by GeoffW81
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2010, 08:32 AM
Registered User
chancesAU's Avatar
Australia
Joined Apr 2008
2,805 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffW81 View Post
to late, iv had it for a couple of weeks now.
just haven't been able to find li-po.
i was gona get it from rc warehouse but they don't exist anymore.
Try www.wiredrc.com...?
chancesAU is offline Find More Posts by chancesAU
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Discussion FPV Car and Other Fun FPV Projects Thread: Crash9 FPV Talk 9049 Today 08:20 AM
Build Log Easy Fly Glider ST330 (Easy Glider Clone) FPV Build Thread SoMoney FPV Talk 493 Nov 12, 2012 04:08 PM
Discussion FPV Beginners Reference Mega Thread... rc_ron FPV Talk 167 Mar 24, 2012 08:31 AM
Cool Aussie XBOX Live thread ozzi supercub Australia 7 Oct 22, 2009 02:42 PM
Discussion FPV WARS (Thread for FPV "B" Movies) ch1 FPV Talk 8 Sep 16, 2009 06:37 PM