SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 02, 2014, 06:53 PM
Quebec Aerotow Association
Canada, QC, st-jean-sur-richelieu
Joined May 2010
582 Posts
Question
BP Hobbies -- anyone have problems before ?

I have no idea what to think.

BP has the Lanyu 1/4 Minimoa on sale. I e-mail them and get a quote for shipping to Canada. I pay for it via credit card and then get the update with tracking. (4th of April)

So far so good.

The package then gets sent back to BP Hobbies because there's no invoice. This is mandatory with Fedex. It can be anything as long as there's a description and value. (17 of April)

I then e-mail the vendor but do not receive a reply until one week later. The reply is simply -- We are working with Fedex, it's tricky to send this package, will update via e-mail. That reply was on the 24th of April.

I've asked for updates since then but have not received any e-mail. I've asked them if they need more info from me, if there are extra charges, etc... no reply.
There's no longer a phone # on their website, no reply to e-mail and no reply to fax. Complete radio silence........

Really bizarre. Does anyone know what's going on with them? I know they moved last month but i want to know if there may be an other issue.

thanks
Charlescd is offline Find More Posts by Charlescd
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2014, 10:44 AM
Joined Dec 2010
35 Posts
BP Hobbies is in the process of moving to a larger warehouse according to their website. Try their email (perhaps is a newer one ).
https://www.bphobbies.com/view.asp?id=V815101

dpcmodels
dpcmodels is offline Find More Posts by dpcmodels
Old May 05, 2014, 11:28 AM
Quebec Aerotow Association
Canada, QC, st-jean-sur-richelieu
Joined May 2010
582 Posts
Ok. All seems well.

I had a reply this morning that the move was taking longer than expected thus causing the delay. When I had spoken to the person at BP -- it was as if the move was almost finished.
Charlescd is offline Find More Posts by Charlescd
Old May 05, 2014, 09:22 PM
Art Schmitz
United States, TN, Crossville
Joined Jan 2012
392 Posts
Have had good service from them in the past and have every reason to believe they will be the same once they are situated in their new facility.
lindart is offline Find More Posts by lindart