SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 05, 2012, 01:47 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Help!
F104

Guys Im trying to figure out what kit this could be. I was just looking at a composite F104 looks pretty old. It was about 5-1/2 foot fuse without the nose cone. It must have been for turbine, any Idea of who was manufacturing a kit this big. I had no way to take pics. Thanks UC The wings looked to be built up with aluminum brackets for possibly spars to bolt into the fuse if this helps any.
unclecrash is offline Find More Posts by unclecrash
Last edited by unclecrash; Dec 05, 2012 at 01:52 PM. Reason: add to thread
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:13 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
I did some searching and it not an Avonds to big. Century Jets I cannot get on there site for some reason.
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:24 PM
San Diego
Joined Jul 2009
2,250 Posts
The Century Jet model is 94 inches long, not sure of any that are in the 60-70" range, maybe a George Miller or Tom Cook model??
bri6672 is offline Find More Posts by bri6672
Old Dec 05, 2012, 03:35 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,627 Posts
Century Jet specs
http://centuryjet.com/index.php/cPath/42_44_57

58000 F-104 Basic Kit with Sheeted Wings

SPECIFICATIONS:

Scale: 1:7
Wing Span: 44"
Engine Size: .91
Fan: 5"
Length: 86.5"
Channels: 4 to 6
Weight: 14 - 16 pounds
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:24 PM
EDF all the way!
Gilbert, Az
Joined Jun 1999
7,988 Posts
Might be a JD Enterprise F-104 The old ITP kit. Setup for Byron fan.
Bob
bruff is offline Find More Posts by bruff
Old Dec 05, 2012, 09:53 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Thanks guys I think it maybe the JD enterprise one I found one on rcu that has the round hole for the servo in the tail and has a full flying stab. But what through me off is this one I was looking at was either white gel coat or primed white. The glass on the one on rcu was not gel coated done in a amber yellow resin. Now thinking about it the one I was looking at was that color from the inside so it might have been painted. Is this model worth switching over to EDF or was it too heavy. I probably could get it cheap. I know the fuse was exactly 5-1/2 feet without the nose cone I measured up against the tile on the floor. The Guy had 2 helicopters the F104 3 zirolli short kits for B25 or 29 and a coursair. The other could have been parts for the f14 He also had a tail end of what looked to be a balsa f14 which was big for turbine probably. He through out a number of 500 bucks and the owner of the LHS shut him down and said if you get an offer of 200 bucks you better take it. The guy had no idea if they were complete. But the f104 looked to be all there. The ziroli B29 short kit alone was about $375.00 to buy. I wish I had the extra 200 bucks I would have offered it to him and seen what he said. He was hoping to dump everything off. I got his Phone # so If he don't sell it I can look him up after a while when I get some cash.
Old Dec 06, 2012, 03:45 AM
Deutschland, BW, Friedrichshafen
Joined Dec 2001
876 Posts
Masterfly from Italy is also like you describe it.
I build one years ago. I still have it
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=439403

regards Martin
MaHö is offline Find More Posts by MaHö
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:22 PM
Joined Apr 2004
799 Posts
[QUOTE=unclecrash;23453264]Thanks guys I think it maybe the JD enterprise one I found one on rcu that has the round hole for the servo in the tail and has a full flying stab. But what through me off is this one I was looking at was either white gel coat or primed white. The glass on the one on rcu was not gel coated done in a amber yellow resin. Now thinking about it the one I was looking at was that color from the inside so it might have been painted. Is this model worth switching over to EDF or was it too heavy. I probably could get it cheap. I know the fuse was exactly 5-1/2 feet without the nose cone I measured up against the tile on the floor. The Guy had 2 helicopters the F104 3 zirolli short kits for B25 or 29 and a coursair. The other could have been parts for the f14 He also had a tail end of what looked to be a balsa f14 which was big for turbine probably. He through out a number of 500 bucks and the owner of the LHS shut him down and said if you get an offer of 200 bucks you better take it. The guy had no idea if they were complete. But the f104 looked to be all there. The ziroli B29 short kit alone was about $375.00 to buy. I wish I had the extra 200 bucks I would have offered it to him and seen what he said. He was hoping to dump everything off. I got his Phone # so If he don't sell it I can look him up after a while when I get some cash.[/QUOTE

$200 BUCKS!!

I'll rent it from you for $200.00 (glass 104fuse) for a month, AND give you an extra fuse back!! If it needs no repairs.

Steve
SCALECRAFT is offline Find More Posts by SCALECRAFT
Old Dec 06, 2012, 12:26 PM
United States, TX, Grand Prairie
Joined Nov 2005
5,721 Posts
Has anyone converted the CJM to electric...

Price looks nice to me

regards
erh7771 is offline Find More Posts by erh7771
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:04 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
Here is a bit more info on it. On the left side there is a hatch right up by the nose gear which looked to be about 6in. x 3in. maybe to work on the retract unit. And the wings had a half round pocket attached to them to hold the tip tanks,
Old Dec 06, 2012, 07:11 PM
white lake michigan
Joined Oct 2004
3,756 Posts
[QUOTE=SCALECRAFT;23457697]
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclecrash View Post
Thanks guys I think it maybe the JD enterprise one I found one on rcu that has the round hole for the servo in the tail and has a full flying stab. But what through me off is this one I was looking at was either white gel coat or primed white. The glass on the one on rcu was not gel coated done in a amber yellow resin. Now thinking about it the one I was looking at was that color from the inside so it might have been painted. Is this model worth switching over to EDF or was it too heavy. I probably could get it cheap. I know the fuse was exactly 5-1/2 feet without the nose cone I measured up against the tile on the floor. The Guy had 2 helicopters the F104 3 zirolli short kits for B25 or 29 and a coursair. The other could have been parts for the f14 He also had a tail end of what looked to be a balsa f14 which was big for turbine probably. He through out a number of 500 bucks and the owner of the LHS shut him down and said if you get an offer of 200 bucks you better take it. The guy had no idea if they were complete. But the f104 looked to be all there. The ziroli B29 short kit alone was about $375.00 to buy. I wish I had the extra 200 bucks I would have offered it to him and seen what he said. He was hoping to dump everything off. I got his Phone # so If he don't sell it I can look him up after a while when I get some cash.[/QUOTE

$200 BUCKS!!

I'll rent it from you for $200.00 (glass 104fuse) for a month, AND give you an extra fuse back!! If it needs no repairs.

Steve
Im sitting here know trying to figure how to get this jet. No money never fails when the good deals pop up. Never in a million years would this guy walk in the LHS if I had 2 or 3 hundred bucks to buy it. I take it your wanting to pull some molds off it. I would take you up on it if I had the funds to buy it. The shipping will probably be a small fortune. I didn't look it over very good but it didn't look to be damaged. The kit I don't ever think was finished or flown. The wings looked like he glassed one with some way heavy glass and just lost interest. Im trying to think what I can sell to get it I got one CBM F16 new in box a few cox engines Hmmm
Old Dec 06, 2012, 09:46 PM
Joined Apr 2004
799 Posts
Yes mold.

Easy to do when you have a good "plug" (pattern).

My offer is available to you unless I secure another similar one. I am nearing the completion of my 1/10 F-104 plug. We will be on a molding marathon for a few air frames with a few of my local friends.

Steve
Old Dec 08, 2012, 10:44 AM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,129 Posts
Can you take a few pics of it to post. If it's worthwhile maybe we can get a small syndicate going to "invest" in it and pull some molds from it. I'd be up for that Steve if you like the idea.

Mike
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303
Old Dec 08, 2012, 11:02 AM
Joined Apr 2004
799 Posts
The mold investment I will make. Then one can make many fuses. That's no problem. Getting the original fuse is the challenge at this point.

If Unclecrash can secure the fuse, the rest is easy.

Steve
Old Dec 08, 2012, 02:28 PM
Lori, hey, you're home early
United States, NJ, Trenton
Joined Jan 2004
9,129 Posts
If it is a JDE then it’s still in production (from Century Jet right?) so a mold from it is a no go anyway.
CarreraGTSCS is offline Find More Posts by CarreraGTSCS
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Split elevator set up JR 9303