HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 30, 2012, 09:52 AM
JustFlying
Joined Dec 2005
2,429 Posts
Discussion
What's with HK website?

Because of our location a lot of people are on expensive internet connection. Like myself the only choice I have to be connected is to pay per volume of data used, and here it is very expensive per data-unit. Now, if I go to HK website, it first want to do a lot of video / speech advertising which use up a lot of bites. I try to avoid sites like this as I refuse to pay to see or hear stuff I donít want to. Trying to contact them directly and complain about this is useless. I will just ignore their site and rather buy elsewhere where I get good prices as well and mostly beter quality and definitely beter service. The only thing I really like from HK which I canít get elsewhere is the XT60 plugs, but I will change if they donít shape up.
rebell is offline Find More Posts by rebell
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 30, 2012, 10:32 AM
United States, MI, Paw Paw
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Install a program called adblockplus. You can go into the main page and disable every single ad, video etc. I get your frustration and paying per volume is horrible. Have you tried accessing their mobile site? http://www.hobbyking.com/mobile/index.asp
3d astronaut is offline Find More Posts by 3d astronaut
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Fatshark Attitude 1.3ghz
Old Oct 30, 2012, 11:04 AM
JustFlying
Joined Dec 2005
2,429 Posts
Thanks,

For some reason "moble" site is stil megabite hungry.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 09:22 AM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,192 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebell View Post
Because of our location a lot of people are on expensive internet connection. Like myself the only choice I have to be connected is to pay per volume of data used, and here it is very expensive per data-unit. Now, if I go to HK website, it first want to do a lot of video / speech advertising which use up a lot of bites. I try to avoid sites like this as I refuse to pay to see or hear stuff I donít want to. Trying to contact them directly and complain about this is useless. I will just ignore their site and rather buy elsewhere where I get good prices as well and mostly beter quality and definitely beter service. The only thing I really like from HK which I canít get elsewhere is the XT60 plugs, but I will change if they donít shape up.
move
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1
Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:47 AM
JustFlying
Joined Dec 2005
2,429 Posts
Ha-ha. Just to be able to go into HK website? That will be the day.
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:04 AM
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
Quote:
I have a lot of free time at work. If you wanted, you could post here and request a link to whatever it is you are looking for. Instead of going to the site and using up all your bandwidth, I would be willing to link you to what I thought you were looking for. I know this isnt the best option, but might be worth it if you just need a few pieces here and there.
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 31, 2012, 12:01 PM
FPV'r
Canada, ON, Carleton Place
Joined May 2011
1,192 Posts
Quote:
where do you live?
ror1 is offline Find More Posts by ror1
Old Nov 02, 2012, 06:34 AM
Parkflyer Extraordinaire
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Feb 2009
95 Posts
You can also search hobbykings website through Google. Go to Google and type -
site:hobbyking.com 'put query here' then press the search button (if you have instant search off).

This will seach hobbykings website for what ever you want to the right of the search results there is also a preview button which will show you a screenshot of the page for that search result.

Screenshot attached with an example search for Durafly Vampire

Hope that helps.
FltLtBiggles is offline Find More Posts by FltLtBiggles
Site Sponsor
Latest blog entry: My first blog post
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:55 AM
JustFlying
Joined Dec 2005
2,429 Posts
The thing is that it is always nice to do "window shopping" and look at what is to offer, many times you see something you didnít know exist and would like to have. Sometimes you look for something but don't know what options is available and then want to page through everything.

I live on a farm far from the infrastructure others take for granted. But, I spoke to a friend yesterday who said that we will get new service within a few months and then I can surf the net as much as I want to. Canít wait.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:05 PM
RC plane addict ;-)
United Kingdom, England, Norwich
Joined Aug 2008
1,753 Posts
Looks like all your troubles will soon be over so i won't bore you with what else you could of done,just be careful when you start to scroll through all HK's pages of there RC gear your looking for,if your like me you will end up spending more money than you intended,but once the goodies turn up who cares.
startazz is offline Find More Posts by startazz
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:47 PM
Joined Sep 2011
4,108 Posts
My offer still stands, if you need me to search something or even snag a few screen shots on something you want to check out until you get your new connection, I have no problem doing it. I have hours on end of time stuck at work between residents.
RCG Plus Member