HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:52 AM
Joined Oct 2012
1 Posts
Help!
Overheating Motors.

Im new to RC however i have a strong electrical and electronics background. I have slash 2wd with a havoc sport esc. Recently out of the blue my 17.5 turn ss pro motor started overheating I also have a 13.5 turn ballistic that started overheating and is stuttering when given throttle on the ballistic it will stutter for a bit then give a locked rotor error. Iv gone through everything in the gearbox cleaned it out put new grease in checked all bearings. Went through both motors did find a bad bearing in the 17.5 but has been replaced. Still overheating i have not started running any different gears either same gears iv been running with tems in the 150* range for a while now. The time period which the overheating is occouring is very short as well less than a minute and just putting around my living room floor. Im pretty sure that the 17.5 turn motor is damaged from it now appears to have heat damage. But the ballistic still looks fine. Iv contacted Novak support and they havent been able to give me any very usefull information. Everything they said i have already done except change the capacitor on the ESC. Entire set up is 2wd slash Havoc sport ESC 17.5 ss pro 28/86 13.5 ballistic 20/86 2s lipo 30C stock size tires. If anyone has had a similar issue or has any ideas i would greatly appreciate the feedback.

Thanks,

Blake
BJohnson90 is offline Find More Posts by BJohnson90
to remove ads between posts