New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 02, 2015, 04:22 PM
Find More Posts by IA-Flyer
United States
Joined Nov 2003
1,699 Posts
Sorry about that, its a great little jet.
Maybe someone here has some spare parts they could sell you? Should be plenty of wrecked ones out there.
I bought a second one that's still in the box because I liked flying it and didn't expect it to last very long. But I've flown it a lot, and it just keeps going....
Good luck getting it working, its worth the effort!

Quote:
Originally Posted by parakalien View Post
My maiden flight a few days ago,
No wind, ROG for a few feet and it lifts into the air. Super fast! I had setup -20 expo on the ailerons and elevator and it flew perfect! Tracked great, looped, rolled, beautiful.

BUT, less than a minute into the flight the motor cut out, pulling the throttle all the way back and than advancing it didn't bring it back.

I came in for a dead stick landing and landed with no bounce, it was beautiful.

Charged the battery and went up for flight 2. 30 seconds into the flight the motor cut out!
After another dead stick landing I checked the battery, both cells showing good.

I tried some ground tests, after 20-30 seconds of full power the motor would cut out and only unplugging the battery would reset it for another 20-30 second burst.

I called great planes and they said it sounds like the ESC but they don't have any replacement parts since it's now discontinued... Called Amazon, they said they sent me the last one they had!

So great planes is hooking me up with their Super Sportster EP Rx-r as a replacement.

I'm a little bummed I can't fly the F-86 because it was AWESOME for the 30 seconds I flew it.
But I'm exited for the Super Sportster!
IA-Flyer is offline Find More Posts by IA-Flyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 02, 2015, 10:52 PM
Find More Posts by Charlie P (NY)
Gravity is weak but persistant
United States, NY, Port Crane
Joined Aug 2009
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by parakalien View Post
So great planes is hooking me up with their Super Sportster EP Rx-R as a replacement.

I'm a little bummed I can't fly the F-86 because it was AWESOME for the 30 seconds I flew it.

But I'm exited for the Super Sportster!
The Super Sportster is a great airframe (I have a Giant) but how they figured that was equivalent to a 30mm Sabre is unfathomable. Their little F-20 Tigershark, maybe. The S. Sportster is a pussycat that has great performance at slow to medium speed.

Enjoy the Sportster - a lovely and viceless design.
Charlie P (NY) is offline Find More Posts by Charlie P (NY)
Old Apr 03, 2015, 05:11 AM
Find More Posts by Schugy
Germany, SH, Lägerdorf
Joined Sep 2014
49 Posts
Don't know whether it fits but I think they could have offered you a GPMM1800 Silver Series 8A ESC.
Schugy is offline Find More Posts by Schugy
Old Apr 03, 2015, 01:35 PM
Find More Posts by parakalien
Joined Apr 2015
29 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie P (NY) View Post
The Super Sportster is a great airframe (I have a Giant) but how they figured that was equivalent to a 30mm Sabre is unfathomable. Their little F-20 Tigershark, maybe. The S. Sportster is a pussycat that has great performance at slow to medium speed.

Enjoy the Sportster - a lovely and viceless design.
They wanted to replace it with another EDF but I asked for the super sportster and they said yes (I had my eye on one for a while). I don't have anything like it and I just like trying new planes!

I'm sure I'll get another EDF in the near future
parakalien is offline Find More Posts by parakalien
Old Apr 12, 2015, 12:40 PM
Germany, SH, Lägerdorf
Joined Sep 2014
49 Posts
I've flown my Sabre with 3 stock batteries back to back and my ESC shows the same behaviour now. I guess it lasted approx. 70 flights.
I wonder where I should cut the fuse to transplant the ESC from the other Sabre.
I could also buy the Silver Series 8 ESC or a power core for even more parts like the servos.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 06:30 AM
Germany, SH, Lägerdorf
Joined Sep 2014
49 Posts
I guess the FLZA6433 ESC should auto detect the 11500 KV settings.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 06:55 AM
Germany, SH, Lägerdorf
Joined Sep 2014
49 Posts
duplicate
Last edited by Schugy; Apr 13, 2015 at 09:38 AM.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 07:00 AM
Germany, SH, Lägerdorf
Joined Sep 2014
49 Posts
duplicate
Last edited by Schugy; Apr 13, 2015 at 09:37 AM.