SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Jan 05, 2013, 09:38 PM
Registered User
jcervantes11's Avatar
Joined Sep 2003
1,412 Posts
Discussion
Amaerican Matis share you're picture and information.

Amaerican Matis share you're picture and information.
jcervantes11 is offline Find More Posts by jcervantes11
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 08, 2013, 05:00 PM
=>] Smack 3D Head [<=
HeliSmith's Avatar
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2007
3,120 Posts
Just make a facebook for your dog a lot of people are doing it now.
HeliSmith is offline Find More Posts by HeliSmith
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:09 PM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,969 Posts
I do not have the faintest clue as to what is exactly an "Amaerican Matis"....

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is offline Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 03:27 PM
Helicopter Pilot
Rafael23cc's Avatar
Junction City, KS
Joined Sep 2004
681 Posts
An American Mantis is an RC helicopter from the 70s - 80s. But YOU'RE not expected to know this information unless YOUR experience dates that far back.

To the OP: Have some self respect, please. The only way we have to judge your character is based on what you type on here.

And I will assume here given your login name....... Don't give me the line that English is your second language. It is my second language too.

Rafael
Rafael23cc is offline Find More Posts by Rafael23cc
Last edited by Rafael23cc; Jan 10, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:28 PM
=>] Smack 3D Head [<=
HeliSmith's Avatar
United States, CA, Chico
Joined Feb 2007
3,120 Posts
Oh I thought it was a kind of dog.. lol
HeliSmith is offline Find More Posts by HeliSmith
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2013, 06:40 PM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael23cc View Post
An American Mantis is an RC helicopter from the 70s - 80s. But YOU'RE not expected to know this information unless YOUR experience dates that far back.

Rafael
My experience dates back to '82 to be exact (I was 15 years old those days), and the helicopter I was flying (trying to fly) those days was a design of 1977 (if I'm correct... a Graupner Bell 47 G). But the "American Mantis" is a completely unfamiliar design to me.

Care to share some pics??

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is offline Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:38 AM
Helicopter Pilot
Rafael23cc's Avatar
Junction City, KS
Joined Sep 2004
681 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutus1967 View Post
My experience dates back to '82 to be exact (I was 15 years old those days), and the helicopter I was flying (trying to fly) those days was a design of 1977 (if I'm correct... a Graupner Bell 47 G). But the "American Mantis" is a completely unfamiliar design to me.

Care to share some pics??

Brgds, Bert
Well, I was 17 in 1989 when I got my Sport 500 from Hobby Lobby. But I did some research and found some interesting designs. I also hang around some people that like to "revive" some of these things.

Google search: American Mantis Helicopter

But in reality my post was intended to highlight the stuff in red. Not the historical value.

Rafael
Rafael23cc is offline Find More Posts by Rafael23cc
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2013, 03:50 PM
Complete RC Idiot Savant
The Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,969 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafael23cc View Post
Well, I was 17 in 1989 when I got my Sport 500 from Hobby Lobby. But I did some research and found some interesting designs. I also hang around some people that like to "revive" some of these things.

Google search: American Mantis Helicopter

But in reality my post was intended to highlight the stuff in red. Not the historical value.

Rafael
That is funny... I bought a Sport 500 Collective, also somewhere end of the eighties (cannot remember the exact year, somewhere around '87, because I bought my Hirobo Shuttle in '90) and flew a couple of years with it. Revived that one some 12 years ago and it was not flying as nice as it was in my memory. A year before that I revived the helicopter I started with (that old Bell 47 G) and that was a true nightmare....
Recently I re-maidened an original Schlüter Cobra.... Not too bad given it's condition.

But looking at the pictures of that Mantis.... I suspect (trying to) flying that is sheer horror....

Brgds, Bert
Brutus1967 is offline Find More Posts by Brutus1967
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mini-Review Walkera QR Infra X Review with Pictures, Videos, and Information Tom Z Mini Multirotors 18 Sep 19, 2013 10:01 AM
Discussion DronesDB, centralize & share your drone info, pictures & videos acemtp Multirotor Talk 0 Sep 03, 2012 04:39 AM
Discussion Some detailed RC Information I'd really like to share with others (refer to 1st post) panther3001 Electric Plane Talk 37 Jul 30, 2012 05:58 PM
Discussion Can you share how you "SNAP" your picture? KingOfTheHill Aerial Photography 8 May 18, 2006 01:19 AM
Could you share your pictures ... hmedina Scale Kit/Scratch Built 6 Jul 29, 2002 11:23 PM