HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2012, 02:46 PM
My other addiction!
Marysville, Ca., US
Joined Jan 2007
1,709 Posts
Discussion
Helicopter Scale Masters Fun-Fly

Every once in a while someone on this forum asks about scale fuselages for their helis. Well, for those of you in Northern California or the San Francisco Bay Area, this weekend is the second Helicopter Scale Masters Fun-Fly hosted by the Woodland/Davis Aeromodelers outside of Davis, CA. The event is three days, starting Friday, Oct. 5 and running through Sunday, Oct. 7. Last year's event had a fabulous turn out, with some of the true masters making the trip from across the US and even some from Europe.

For more information, check out their website at http://www.helicopter-scale-masters.com.
norcalheli is offline Find More Posts by norcalheli
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2012, 04:33 PM
United States, IL
Joined Aug 2012
284 Posts
oh man, why not the 12th we will be at frisco that day. oh well. good luck guys.
lightfighter363 is offline Find More Posts by lightfighter363
Old Oct 08, 2012, 02:24 PM
My other addiction!
Marysville, Ca., US
Joined Jan 2007
1,709 Posts
Re; Helicopter Scale Masters 2012

Attended the event on Saturday. Looked like another great turnout. In contrast to last year, the weather was near perfect, mid-70's and light winds. As a result there was very little down time. It seemed like there was always at least one, if not two or three, beautiful scale helis in the air at any one time. Got to see the UH-1D from HueyVets come in and land. I thought my two year old grandson was going to turn inside-out he was so excited.

The only down side was this year the sponsor's booths were located inside the "Pilots Only" area, so those of us who weren't registered as pilots weren't allowed to go in and look at the sponsor's booths. A Woodland/Davis Aeromodelers club member was stationed at each entrance to enforce this. It was unfortunate because I wanted to look for some specifics my own scale build I am just starting, and would have liked to have been able to talk with the sponsors. I saw the Heli-Command, Robcon, Jakodofsky Turbines booths, and saw a sign for RC Aerodyne, and a guy from Horizon Hobby walking around, but couldn't go in and talk with any of them. In the future, if they are going to lock spectators out of the pit area, they should at least have the sponsor and vendor booths outside of that area.
norcalheli is offline Find More Posts by norcalheli