HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 26, 2012, 10:58 PM
United States, VA, Forest
Joined May 2012
24 Posts
Discussion
New To RC

Hey guys, I'm just starting to get an interest in RC helicopters and was wanting to know more about multi roters. I dont really even know where to start and don't have anything yet, not even a controller, so I need to know some things like what parts are necessary and all that. I know basics, but I have no clue what brands are good, what deals are good, and any of that. I'm mostly looking into quadcopters, I'd eventually like to get one with FPV, that's my goal, I've seen videos and I know I'd love to be able to fly one using FPV.

Any info or guidance on where to start or anything would help.

Thanks!
brm252 is offline Find More Posts by brm252
to remove ads between posts
Old May 26, 2012, 11:17 PM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,569 Posts
read the stickys, then start reading everywhere.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old May 27, 2012, 03:48 AM
Bitten by the RC Bug....
India, Andhra Pradesh, Hyderabad
Joined Aug 2011
789 Posts
@brm252

That's just the way I got started. My goal is to have an FPV, too. Haven't reached my goal yet... Still working on it. Best of luck!
vineet_p is offline Find More Posts by vineet_p
Old May 27, 2012, 09:41 AM
United States, AZ, Seligman
Joined Nov 2011
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brm252 View Post
Hey guys, I'm just starting to get an interest in RC helicopters and was wanting to know more about multi roters. I dont really even know where to start and don't have anything yet, not even a controller, so I need to know some things like what parts are necessary and all that. I know basics, but I have no clue what brands are good, what deals are good, and any of that. I'm mostly looking into quadcopters, I'd eventually like to get one with FPV, that's my goal, I've seen videos and I know I'd love to be able to fly one using FPV.

Any info or guidance on where to start or anything would help.

Thanks!
Start with this thread. There is a lot of good info. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1097355 It's the quadcopter and tricopter info mega link.
Dave8888 is offline Find More Posts by Dave8888