HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:10 PM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,157 Posts
LZ
are you running the stock motor and 20 amp esc? I guarantee it won't be long before you slap in a 3s pack and a 4.5 x 4.5 prop on her. A 800-1000 mah 3s should work out just fine.
headlessagain is offline Find More Posts by headlessagain
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:38 PM
United Kingdom, England, Bisley
Joined Oct 2010
87 Posts
Running stock to start. Could be tempted to crank it up a notch in the future though.
ledzep76 is offline Find More Posts by ledzep76
Old Jan 01, 2013, 12:04 AM
ICrashRCs
United States, TN, Memphis
Joined Jun 2011
1,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzep76 View Post
Running stock to start. Could be tempted to crank it up a notch in the future though.
Nice job on your plane. it's a lot like my 2nd one. Nice and tame but it's a blast to fly. I'm running 3s 800's.

If you have some carbon strips I highly recommend the mod I made inside the canopy and on the floor.
Re: the pic with the 2 strips would now show a 3rd strip in the center and running a bit further back than the other 2.
If you have any nose ins, this will save the plane from serious distortion. Well... you know, it will help save it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=1053

IFlyRCs is offline Find More Posts by IFlyRCs
Last edited by IFlyRCs; Jan 01, 2013 at 12:10 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:09 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,157 Posts
I added the carbon after crashing and bending the nose. The old very hot water treatment got it back into shape but it would have saved the hassle if I'd done the mod before stuffing her in.
Just need a FB to launch her for me or perhaps build a launch ramp. I wonder if a longer ramp would work without a bungee. Now I think of it, I remember seeing something similar over on the F27 Stryker thread. Time to do some searching.
Found it http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5031
Parkzone F 27Q Launch Platform (2 min 47 sec)

Andy
Last edited by headlessagain; Jan 01, 2013 at 02:18 AM.
Old Jan 01, 2013, 02:37 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Latvia, Ventspils pilsēta, Ventspils
Joined Jan 2010
8,460 Posts
I'm of the school that thinks beefing up too much - results in greater more difficult damage. I am not a CF user ... I prefer balsa and bamboo. They are much more forgiving ... can be glued back / scarfed easily.... and light.

My underbody has two balsa 1/4 sq beams set in ... my elevons have 1/16th balsa sheet epoxied to underside ... Those two mods create a stiff but easily repaired model.

The weakest part of the is model is first - the fuselage just where the cockpit line dips to run aft. The foam not only is thin, but has that air-hole underneath weakening it. Next is between the fins where the central section is moulded to take the beam. That needs to be fitted in my opinion with epoxy and plenty of keying in to tie those two sides together. Take the model and hold by one wing tip and see that area flex when nothing there !

Nigel
solentlife is offline Find More Posts by solentlife
Old Jan 01, 2013, 05:53 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solentlife View Post
Beefed up a bit ?

Seriously anyone going down similar road to Stu and myself with high power - you reallly need a better mount.

Nigel
happy new year guys.Nigel on the 1st page I think,is the pic of my motormount.I have the mk1,with the tiny 2700kv motor.so it's all good.I'm going to make a proper ply mount for the new one.and since I'm going to use an inrunner,it will be fairly easy and strong enough
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Jan 01, 2013, 06:53 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
8,460 Posts
HAPPY NEW YEAR

To all ....
\
Nigel
Old Jan 01, 2013, 01:46 PM
Joined Oct 2010
87 Posts
I took Nigels advice and looked at beefing up the flex in the wing between the fins above the central beam. The lightest way I found was to chop the rear section of the canopy off and glue it in place with plenty of glue where it touches the sides and on top of the beam. This has made the whole wing really stiff now. Just got to work on stiffening the cockpit floor now
Old Jan 02, 2013, 01:58 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
8,460 Posts
I never thought to glue that piece in !

I've just made sure the beam is well epoxied in ...

I did consider a balsa sheet across the underside but never did. That was when I was considering the 'discus' style launch ... hold one wing tip and launch.

Nigel
Old Jan 09, 2013, 03:34 PM
Joined Oct 2010
87 Posts
Flite Test - ROCKET PLANE (7 min 47 sec)

This shows there is a limit. It's interesting to see where it breaks.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 05:58 AM
Joined Aug 2012
102 Posts
HOME MADE MOTORS.first 5 were duds
Hobbyking Rocket powered EPO parkjet (4 min 27 sec)

so last year.
HK parkjet rocket planes (2 min 42 sec)
mice1m is offline Find More Posts by mice1m
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:24 PM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
8,460 Posts
Very Very quiet here ?

Cannot believe all those PKJ's are hangar'd and not flying ?

Me - I'm away wiorking - so have excuse ... but believe me when I say - whenn I get home I'll be stomping to get PKJ(twin) in the air ...

C'mon ... where's the flights ?

Nigel
Old Jan 20, 2013, 05:09 AM
Reap the wild wind
Bristol,UK
Joined Feb 2007
4,157 Posts
Ok, just to keep you happy Nigel, here's an edited video of my Cameo Parkjet. Motor is now a Mystery D2632 3000kv heli motor,4.5 x 4.5 TGS prop,Turnigy AE-30A esc and 1500 3S pack. Happy with the way it flew and RC Speedo recorded a speed just shy of 80 mph.
HobbyKing Parkjet on Mystery 3000kv heli motor (1 min 43 sec)

Andy
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:42 AM
how'd I do that....oh
South Africa, GP, Pretoria
Joined May 2011
2,260 Posts
Nigel
PJ2 is still under construction,lol as this year has started off crazy I haven't had time to finish her
But I will.
I reckon I'll be close on 200km/h with the new setup.
My PJ1 is stioll flying,but shame she is seriously beat up and battered
chop stiX is offline Find More Posts by chop stiX
Old Jan 21, 2013, 05:52 AM
222 km/hr Parkjet flyer
Joined Jan 2010
8,460 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by headlessagain View Post
Ok, just to keep you happy Nigel, here's an edited video of my Cameo Parkjet. Motor is now a Mystery D2632 3000kv heli motor,4.5 x 4.5 TGS prop,Turnigy AE-30A esc and 1500 3S pack. Happy with the way it flew and RC Speedo recorded a speed just shy of 80 mph.
Andy
My doppler gave max clear speed of 159kph on that ... there were higher, but they were not clear as when you edited the vid - you clipped what may have been faster speed ... but time span for the doppler is not enough.

159kph = 98mph

So I reckon you were over 100mph at times. But of course you have the full original video ...
Welcome to the club !!

Nigel