HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 24, 2014, 02:16 AM
China
Joined Dec 2008
229 Posts
Discussion
Fun-Key Hughes500D 550 Size Fuse With Model

After many years, Fun-Key now is going to release 2 new painting scheme for 550 size. The product photos are different this time. They were shot with a new model! Something new is always good!
catcat is offline Find More Posts by catcat
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:13 AM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,442 Posts
It also looks like they have made a brand new body as the old one didn't have any chin windows. That was the main reason I didn't buy it when I went with my Jet Ranger three years ago. Nice schemes and cute model. Are there landing gear planned for it? Take care.

Don
Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:24 PM
China
Joined Dec 2008
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrigger View Post
It also looks like they have made a brand new body as the old one didn't have any chin windows. That was the main reason I didn't buy it when I went with my Jet Ranger three years ago. Nice schemes and cute model. Are there landing gear planned for it? Take care.

Don
It doesnt have chin window, so sorry to say. It is the same body like 600 size. The different is that 550 size has new painting scheme after so many years.

It has landing gear just like the other Hughes-500 too.

Model is always cute and sweet

Thanks

Faye
Old Jul 24, 2014, 09:48 PM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,442 Posts
I guess I might have created just a bit of confusion. Is the body there the new 550 size or is it the 600 body kit to show the colour of the 550? Thanks.

Don
Old Jul 25, 2014, 09:01 PM
China
Joined Dec 2008
229 Posts
Quote:
I guess I might have created just a bit of confusion. Is the body there the new 550 size or is it the 600 body kit to show the colour of the 550? Thanks.

Don
It is 550 size fuse. But it is as the same as the the 600 size except the size is smaller.

Thanks

Faye
Old Jul 25, 2014, 10:21 PM
Joined May 2014
75 Posts
catcat but you make the paintjob for FUNKEY right ?
solimon is online now Find More Posts by solimon
Old Jul 27, 2014, 01:03 AM
China
Joined Dec 2008
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by solimon View Post
catcat but you make the paintjob for FUNKEY right ?
Yes, FunKey fuselages are painted by my factory.

Faye
Old Jul 28, 2014, 06:34 AM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
what type of paint suitable for scale fuselages?....
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old Jul 28, 2014, 11:53 AM
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,442 Posts
I wished that the colour schemes would be of a specific helicopter and not just a generic paint scheme. I really like the job done on the AS350 WC as it looks very realistic without needing to do a lot of additional weathering but it would have been great if it was patterned off of (as an example) the Paraguayan Air Force AS350 rather than the French Army scheme which only used the AS355. Your prep work and final finishes are the best I have seen out there. Take care.

Don
Old Jul 28, 2014, 09:16 PM
China
Joined Dec 2008
229 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPMBOY View Post
what type of paint suitable for scale fuselages?....
You need do adhesion test and weathering test to see whether your paint are suitable your fuse kit.

Thanks

Faye
Old Jul 29, 2014, 01:34 AM
China
Joined Dec 2008
229 Posts
Quote:
I wished that the colour schemes would be of a specific helicopter and not just a generic paint scheme. I really like the job done on the AS350 WC as it looks very realistic without needing to do a lot of additional weathering but it would have been great if it was patterned off of (as an example) the Paraguayan Air Force AS350 rather than the French Army scheme which only used the AS355. Your prep work and final finishes are the best I have seen out there. Take care.

Don
If no weathering on the AS350 camo then it has to be panel line like the other Fun Key fuses. It must have either of them from Fun Key side. But from my side, weathering is more scale, I prefer to have weathering instead of panel line actually.

It is AS355's painting but Fun Key doesnt have the fuses, so AS350 with AS355's clothes came to the market.

Thanks

Faye