HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 18, 2014, 09:22 PM
Seahawks
United States, CA, Palm Desert
Joined Jan 2014
308 Posts
Discussion
DX6i install throttle ratchet strip? Helps?

Install DX6i throttle ratchet strip? Does it help? I find I change throttle position while making rudder inputs. I had a wltoys heli and the TX had a built in ratchet. It seemed easier to keep a steady throttle.

Thanks
Palm Desert Heli is offline Find More Posts by Palm Desert Heli
Last edited by Palm Desert Heli; Mar 19, 2014 at 05:39 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 19, 2014, 03:40 AM
Letchworth, Great Britain (UK)
Joined Jul 2004
11,535 Posts
I removed the ratchet from my Futaba set when I got into helis because I found the steps between one ratchet position and the next were too coarse for good control of the cyclic. One notch would have me climbing, and the next one had me sinking, I could never find a good compromise.

Removing the ratchet made all the difference, and I've got used to it (didn't even think twice about it) with my fixed-wing models too.
abenn is offline Find More Posts by abenn
Old Mar 19, 2014, 04:50 AM
Fly Runaway Fans
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jan 2009
9,381 Posts
I've flown helis with and without notches. Never seemed to make much difference.
arbilab is offline Find More Posts by arbilab
Old Mar 19, 2014, 02:40 PM
My other addiction!
Marysville, Ca., US
Joined Jan 2007
1,688 Posts
Like abenn said, you find you are almost always "between" notches. Either too little or too much, or you have to try and hold it on the "tip" of the notch. Better to increase the tension on the throttle a little, so that it doesn't move as easy when you apply rudder. If you're flying CP you will always be adjusting throttle/Collective anyway, especially as you start banking turns.
norcalheli is offline Find More Posts by norcalheli
Old Mar 19, 2014, 04:38 PM
United Kingdom, England, Central Bedfordshire
Joined Dec 2012
1,176 Posts
+1 to that cp heli need constant throttle pitch changes , best to learn with out a ratchet , when i started i have the same problem , you will master it mate trust me it will come right
holtneil is offline Find More Posts by holtneil
Old Mar 19, 2014, 05:23 PM
Seahawks
United States, CA, Palm Desert
Joined Jan 2014
308 Posts
Better to increase the tension on the throttle a little....OK.

Great info. Cheers!!
Palm Desert Heli is offline Find More Posts by Palm Desert Heli