HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 02, 2012, 03:53 PM
Always room for one more!
United States, MI, Midland
Joined Jul 2012
206 Posts
Question
Pay Pal Question

In trying to complete a transaction here on RCG a guy sent me funds thru Pay Pal, but Pay Pal has for the last 20 some hours had the funds from the buyer but wont release them to me saying they are "under Review".
Anyone ever had this issue? first time for me

Chris
chawkins is offline Find More Posts by chawkins
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:42 PM
Unrepentant Paragon addict
United States, OK, Moore
Joined Jan 2006
2,590 Posts
never heard of this but will be watching this thread to see what comes of it. I don't use paypal very often, but I'd sure like to know if there are any hidden issues to be aware of.
LVsoaring is offline Find More Posts by LVsoaring
Old Nov 02, 2012, 07:46 PM
Joined Jul 2012
206 Posts
Well, at this time it's been more than 24 hours and still no release of funds. I tried to contact Pay Pal and just a generic response. I know the funds have been taken from my buyer and are in the PayPal system, they just wont release them..............details to follow,
Old Nov 02, 2012, 09:38 PM
Joined Jan 2007
4,731 Posts
I just recently had an issue with paying with a check and I think it had something to do with my credit union being headquartered on Long Island, the very same island that got whacked by hurricane Sandy. The check did clear today but it was mailed out the 25th. I don't know where you are chawkins but it is possible you got hurricaned.
prodjx is offline Find More Posts by prodjx
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 07:11 AM
Conroe,TX
USA, TX, Conroe
Joined Aug 2004
53 Posts
II had this issue one time and it ended up being a mistake the person had missed one letter and had to redo the transaction. Contact the the person and make sure the address is correct.
roboto65 is offline Find More Posts by roboto65
Old Nov 05, 2012, 03:43 AM
Joined Jul 2012
206 Posts
It finally went thru, no explaination from Pay Pal, just a message telling me "your funds have cleared". Not sure what to make of it.