Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:11 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim B. View Post
Interesting on the flaps ...

I wonder if these will be already installed as production increases ~

Came with flap servos already mounted, yes ?

It doesnt sound like a "flaps option" like on the SR10 Reliant.

I wonder if flaps are even neccessary to land this plane .. ?

maybe we will find out, it doesnt look from the video that we have to make hot landings.

I am still trying to find a way to either transport one intact or see if it is too much hassle to get the wing off/on at the field.

Thanks Very much for all this great data Sparkie.
The way the flaps are made and installed, I doubt they mount them in the future.

Yes, ALL servos Mounted and YES to flaps servos included. and not like the SR10.

I am going to say not required, but in the video it was saying that if you only have a 5 channel receiver you can use either FLAPS or GEAR. With that note, not required, but you are going to still have to have them mounted and hooked up to the servo other wise they will be just flopping around.

As far as the landings go... Time will tell.
sparkie624 is offline Find More Posts by sparkie624
Old Sep 28, 2012, 01:12 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1216 View Post
A way to turn it turbine?
LOL, Not quite... But I think it will be a nice addition... Will find out and get everyones opinon.
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:31 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
As promised.. A surprise mod... Note the interior...
Old Sep 28, 2012, 08:43 PM
United States, RI, West Warwick
Joined Mar 2009
200 Posts
Very nice!! Great idea and great job!
viper1216 is offline Find More Posts by viper1216
Old Sep 28, 2012, 09:21 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper1216 View Post
Very nice!! Great idea and great job!
I was going to try to install curtains, but my hands were too big
Old Sep 29, 2012, 10:55 AM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
The tail is mounted..... Looks pretty good. See the pics. Plane bigger that you may think. Note size comparison. A note on the tail, it is setup to be tightened with screws and not glued. I found this to be a problem as I could never get the tail tight. The screws were, but the elevator had movement. I ended up using some epoxy.

However, the locking mechanism on the hatch broke... It was on the 2 or 3rd time that it had been installed. Going to replace the latch with Rare Earth Magnets... I have plenty of them and they are cheap.

Wings are next. Going to start them today. Not sure if I will finish or not. Going to save the winglets to be the last thing to install. They appear to be the most fragile part of the model, so I elected to save them to last.

The directions is a decent guide line, but don't follow them precisely... If you do you will not install the flaps or other required items. they missed a lot here.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:48 AM
United States, TX, Rhome
Joined Jul 2005
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie624 View Post
I think by looking at the motors that are in the ARF, the G25 may be too long. Let me know how it works out. I am almost thinking that the ARF will be cheaper. Will be interested to see how yours comes out.
I'm afraid you may be correct. The firewall to front of cowl is 2" and the G25 is almost 3". I'm assuming that my Ce-421 has the same lash up as the Duke. I will keep this group posted.
DAVE GRABEN is offline Find More Posts by DAVE GRABEN
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:58 AM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAVE GRABEN View Post
I'm afraid you may be correct. The firewall to front of cowl is 2" and the G25 is almost 3". I'm assuming that my Ce-421 has the same lash up as the Duke. I will keep this group posted.
here are some images that may help you on your motor choices. BTW, I purchased the ARF version. The difference in price, I don't feel that I could have purchased them separately.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 11:59 AM
Oakland Ca.
Joined Aug 2009
8,765 Posts
The lights are Great !

Watching closely to see how easy the wing goes on, may mean the choice of weather or not I can transport this great plane.

Also, emailed the vendor about spares, got a no-reply saying nothing at this time but special orders may be taken ...

Which for some of us means just go ahead and get a second stripped plane as we do with other foamies.
Tim B. is offline Find More Posts by Tim B.
Old Sep 29, 2012, 03:32 PM
United States, TX, Rhome
Joined Jul 2005
203 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkie624 View Post
here are some images that may help you on your motor choices. BTW, I purchased the ARF version. The difference in price, I don't feel that I could have purchased them separately.
THANKS Sparky. There is a lot of difference between the C421 cowl and the B60.
I'll just have to wait until Tuesday,Oct 2 to see if I have to get different motors. I hope the gear on the Duke is better than the C421. I've replaced and repaired the nose gear twice! I took out the mechanical nose gear and replaced it with a HK servoless unit. I'll report on the outcome after my next flight (off grass).
DAVE GRABEN is offline Find More Posts by DAVE GRABEN
Old Sep 29, 2012, 07:14 PM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
At the request of the Moderator (Thread Starter) of this thread, I have moved the Build log to the following link.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1742424

Sorry about this, but I will continue to update it there.
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:01 AM
Joined Apr 2005
60 Posts
Has anybody set this up with counter rotating props. I fly the eflite dueces wild with counter rotating props .. all i can say is smooth. I am currently building this plane with larger motors 10x 7 3 blade master air screw props.. counter rotating, landing lights and modified retracts with larger wheels. I modified the nose wheel area made it larger to fit the larger wheel and came up with a opening to cool the batteries. I noticed there is very little venting for the batteries.

I might make a small opening in the rear to allow air flow thru the fuse.
Ran up the motors watt meter says at full throttle 32 amps at 545 watts on 4 cell set up. Plan on using 2 4 cell 2200 -2650 batteries. Should be a good flier approx 150 watts per lb.. more than enough power.

hope to maiden it this weekend
TAUMULLER is offline Find More Posts by TAUMULLER
Old Nov 02, 2012, 10:03 AM
Roanoke, VA
Joined Sep 2008
928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAUMULLER View Post
Has anybody set this up with counter rotating props. I fly the eflite dueces wild with counter rotating props .. all i can say is smooth. I am currently building this plane with larger motors 10x 7 3 blade master air screw props.. counter rotating, landing lights and modified retracts with larger wheels. I modified the nose wheel area made it larger to fit the larger wheel and came up with a opening to cool the batteries. I noticed there is very little venting for the batteries.

I might make a small opening in the rear to allow air flow thru the fuse.
Ran up the motors watt meter says at full throttle 32 amps at 545 watts on 4 cell set up. Plan on using 2 4 cell 2200 -2650 batteries. Should be a good flier approx 150 watts per lb.. more than enough power.

hope to maiden it this weekend
I used the factor props and it preformed very well... Did not have a torque problem at all. Not sure if they are really needed or not, but certainly cannot hurt.
Old Nov 13, 2012, 04:05 PM
Joined Nov 2012
1 Posts
No parts

This is a great LOOKING airplane, but NO INSTRUCTIONS either. This one had a bad ESC and a faulty 4.0mm Banana Y-Harness for the battery. It took three weeks for nitroplanes to replace the ESC, but sent the wrong y harness connector. Now we're waiting again. Had the plane for a month and not even had it off the ground. Where can I find a y harness connector?
thepilot63 is offline Find More Posts by thepilot63