HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:30 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
I just put ten flights on this little bugger and boy does it move. I tried flying in the house but there is so much junk in it I kept crashing into something. After the fifth crash, I developed a bad vibration. It was the collar on the main shaft had slipped. I pushed it down and away I went. I took it outside and it is quite windy where I live. The strong gusts moved it around and it did a pretty good job of holding it's own. When I tried to correct it too much, it went a little crazy. I did smack the ground once when a very strong gust hit it. I had dumb thumbs and I thought for sure it was the end of this little bird. All I had to do was push the collar back down on the main shaft and go again until I smacked the side of my house really hard trying to use it a a wind break. Again all I had to do was push the collar down. I just put some Plastic Dip on top of the collar and early tomorrow morning I will go to the basketball gym and do about ten flights. This little bird hovers really well. As someone on this thread said, "this is going to be my real live sim". You bettcha! If I had smacked my 130X as much as I did this little guy, well you get the picture. I think I am really going to enjoy this little bugger a lot.

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:33 PM
2 seconds from crashing
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
mine is also off by a tiny bit but it doesnt seem to effect anything.
But why would them not being 0 at midstick have anything to do with tracking?
0 pitch and blade tracking are pretty much the same thing. If your blades are straight and balanced and are not tracking properly then they do not have true 0 pitch
indoorheli is online now Find More Posts by indoorheli
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:36 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by indoorheli View Post
0 pitch and blade tracking are pretty much the same thing. If your blades are straight and balanced and are not tracking properly then they do not have true 0 pitch
Or the blades are not balanced. Or some QA person bent your spindle for you while they were testing hehe
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:37 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
I've heard of people putting on mCPX skids and apparently they fit. I'll have a look as to what other skids we can possibly put on.

Check your feathering shaft if you have vibration issues. Either it's bent, or the nut has worked itself loose.

It's suggest you put a dab of white glue or rubber cement to help keep the nut in place.
I'm pretty sure it is the feathering shaft. My LHS guy also thinks so. He said he will give me a feathering shaft at no cost as soon as he gets them in stock.
J_skaggs is online now Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:39 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Or the blades are not balanced. Or some QA person bent your spindle for you while they were testing hehe
Yup and why i said if your blades are straight and balanced
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FPV - DRQ250 and a little speed
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:40 PM
USA, CA, Cardiff-by-the-Sea
Joined Nov 2005
1,834 Posts
Quote:
I'm talking about while I am hovering I can tell one blade is a tiny bit higher than the other... Seems to be the only thing that could fix that is to bend one of the blades or get some adjustable linkages.
sideburn is offline Find More Posts by sideburn
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:42 PM
Just wanna fly!
United States, TX
Joined Apr 2008
1,012 Posts
Quote:
Yup and why i said if your blades are straight and balanced
Oops you sure did!

My blades are not tracking 100% either but I am not going to lose much sleep over it on a heli this small. It flys like a champ.
grovey is offline Find More Posts by grovey
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:48 PM
2 seconds from crashing
Joined Sep 2007
7,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sideburn View Post
I'm talking about while I am hovering I can tell one blade is a tiny bit higher than the other... Seems to be the only thing that could fix that is to bend one of the blades or get some adjustable linkages.
Adjustable links will only sugar coat the issue...well if there is one The pitch links are designed to give simple, optimal distance from the swash. If your swash is level and set to zero pitch at midstick and your blades are balanced and unbent, tracking will be spot on

In a nutshell once your have 0'rd your pitch the offset tracking only happens If they are bent or are out of balance - balance your blades while spinning. Add tape to one blade if it gets worse remove and add tape to the other blade... Should only take a sliver or two of tape..but i bet it doesnt make to much of a difference unless your heli shakes occasionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by grovey View Post
Oops you sure did!

My blades are not tracking 100% either but I am not going to lose much sleep over it on a heli this small. It flys like a champ.
Yeah if your heli isnt shaking i wouldnt mess with it
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by indoorheli; Sep 25, 2012 at 07:14 PM. Reason: added
Old Sep 25, 2012, 06:56 PM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,469 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willyboy View Post
I just put ten flights on this little bugger and boy does it move. I tried flying in the house but there is so much junk in it I kept crashing into something. After the fifth crash, I developed a bad vibration. It was the collar on the main shaft had slipped. I pushed it down and away I went. I took it outside and it is quite windy where I live. The strong gusts moved it around and it did a pretty good job of holding it's own. When I tried to correct it too much, it went a little crazy. I did smack the ground once when a very strong gust hit it. I had dumb thumbs and I thought for sure it was the end of this little bird. All I had to do was push the collar back down on the main shaft and go again until I smacked the side of my house really hard trying to use it a a wind break. Again all I had to do was push the collar down. I just put some Plastic Dip on top of the collar and early tomorrow morning I will go to the basketball gym and do about ten flights. This little bird hovers really well. As someone on this thread said, "this is going to be my real live sim". You bettcha! If I had smacked my 130X as much as I did this little guy, well you get the picture. I think I am really going to enjoy this little bugger a lot.

Bob
Sounds like your enjoying your new toy.

I went to the LHS about the vibration problem with my nano. He agreed with me that it is probably the feathering shaft. He said he will give me a new one at no cost to me when he gets them in stock. He didn't have anymore nano's in stock so I went to my other LHS and bought a second nano. It flies perfectly. I'll just set the first one aside and wait for the LHS to call when feathering shaft arrives.

Jim
J_skaggs is online now Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Last edited by J_skaggs; Sep 25, 2012 at 07:13 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:13 PM
TMO
Stonington, Ct.
Joined Nov 2001
1,290 Posts
Well I was stuck at my store (quantum hobby) so the best I could do was leave the heli on the counter, go out the front door, and start walking. I got about 100' when I noticed the graying- and when I turned the corner onto Water Street, and got on the far side of a big house, it was faded completely. Came back when I turned the corner again returning and became steadily darker until back in my store.

DX8 btw.

-Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhroof View Post
According to Andy from Horizon, this might just be true.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=19109

TMO, what was the limit of your range?
TMO is offline Find More Posts by TMO
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by J_skaggs View Post
Sounds like your enjoying your new toy.

I went to the LHS about the vibration problem with my nano. He agreed with me that it is probably the feathering shaft. He said he will give me a new one at no cost to me when he gets them in stock. He didn't have anymore nano's in stock so I went to my other LHS and bought a second nano. It flies perfectly. I'll just set the first one aside and wait for the LHS to call when feathering shaft arrives.

Jim
Nice! I took my radio to the LHS today and the first NANO I took out of the box, the pitch was so far off it wasn't funny. He would not let me adjust the pitch so I went to the second box and that was the charm. I hovered it around the store as it is small and crowded. Was pleased with it and the rest is history. I need to get about six more batteries. I have nine now but need more. Any idea where I can get a good price on some?

Bob
Last edited by Willyboy; Sep 25, 2012 at 07:29 PM.
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:20 PM
Against Helicopter Cruelty
Joined Aug 2011
6,496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryoon View Post
You guys need to hide your latest purchase from your spouse?

Or do you like the sound of $1 canopies that's more durable than the stock?

Latest blog post on HacksMods.com details the answer to these questions.
That's a $1 Canopy!?!?! How many different colors does it come in?
Heli Pad is online now Find More Posts by Heli Pad
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:28 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli Pad View Post
That's a $1 Canopy!?!?! How many different colors does it come in?
Whoa! That is hot!!!
Old Sep 25, 2012, 07:46 PM
Flying mostly micro's
United States, WV, Vienna
Joined Mar 2007
606 Posts
v911 canopies are durable and awesome looking! Not to mention the price can't be beat! 4 color schemes
BlueHavoc is offline Find More Posts by BlueHavoc
Old Sep 25, 2012, 08:01 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Sep 2012
428 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMO View Post
Heads up- those bars on the upper left corner are signal strength- just like a cell phone. AFAIK that's the only telemetry function.
Do you get frame loss and/or hold data? I do with my 130 X on my DX8. Pretty cool.
crvnation is offline Find More Posts by crvnation
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)