HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:23 AM
Joined Jun 2011
49 Posts
Hello to everybody.
I have a problem with the cam. Maybe you know the solution.
When I turn on the camera I can see only the red light that remains stable, untill I turn off the camera. I can do nothing!
Please help me
Thanks
free.sky is offline Find More Posts by free.sky
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:11 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,558 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry42 View Post
How about trying a solder remover. Normally used to remove solder when cleaning or removing a component. They come in different types: bulbs you squeeze and some that are spring loaded, where you push a release button and it sucks the solder(read dust in this case) from the intended spot. Obviously care must be taken when fooling s around with the CMOS and lenses, but it might work well and no moisture deposited.
Just a thought.
Jerry
I would not recommend this method. I have one like the red bulb suction tool and you have to get VERY close for the suction to pick up anything. The risk of scratching the CMOS surface would not be worth the risk, especially when there is already a dedicated brush with squeeze bulb specifically designed for dislodging/blowing dust from lenses that will work perfectly.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Feb 05, 2013, 12:07 PM
Joined Oct 2006
169 Posts
Sorry to be a killjoy Jerry42, but IMO the spring loaded solder sucker is an absolute no-no too.

I use one a lot and I can tell you that, like the bulb version, they have to be very close to the subject to do any effective suckin'

They also obey Newton's laws, so when the spring pushes the piston back it also pushes the barrel (and your hand) forwards.

The nozzle will hit your camera sensor, your reactions aren't fast enough to stop it.
cozzykim is offline Find More Posts by cozzykim
Old Feb 05, 2013, 07:28 PM
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
Hi, is there anyway to get a better image out of that camera ? mine look like not as good as your images :S
Edit: Im using Lens D.

asg hd sf 3 (5 min 4 sec)

Ive tryed adjusting the color but this is the best i can get, Is it the best i can get or is it because of all the white from the snow ? :P

My image is all Default, exept one thing is on Fluorescent.

Thanks for helping me out.
679alex is offline Find More Posts by 679alex
Last edited by 679alex; Feb 05, 2013 at 07:34 PM.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:08 AM
not running for the exercise
Joined Jan 2011
235 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 679alex View Post
Hi, is there anyway to get a better image out of that camera ? mine look like not as good as your images :S
Edit: Im using Lens D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQVChqE7I2I

Ive tryed adjusting the color but this is the best i can get, Is it the best i can get or is it because of all the white from the snow ? :P

My image is all Default, exept one thing is on Fluorescent.

Thanks for helping me out.
These things are very subjective, but the colours look okay to me.

However, I think the focus could be improved, which would increase the contrast of distant objects. There might also be a slight smudge or some condensation on the lens. Vibration has also caused the image to become softer at times.
airmob is offline Find More Posts by airmob
Old Feb 06, 2013, 08:45 AM
United States, OH, Dayton
Joined Feb 2012
34 Posts
I have a lens D which I thought also could use a focus adjustment. But, couldn't figure out how to turn the lens. Then bought a lens A and tried the methods listed to change focus. I think the glue is either stealth... i.e. I don't see it and couldn't scrape anything off... or it's welded in place. Darn lens doesn't budge. So I gave up.
bgarber is offline Find More Posts by bgarber
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:42 AM
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
I have a problem with my 808 #16 v2 recording only about 5 minutes in freezing temperatures (-3 C), then it shuts down. I wonder if this is normal. When I get back indoors, the camera records for much longer with no problems.

And -3 C isn't even THAT cold...

There could be some other explanation to the problem besides temperature, but I have no idea what it might be.
Fintastic is offline Find More Posts by Fintastic
Old Feb 06, 2013, 10:59 AM
hey whats burning?
United States, FL, Vero Beach
Joined Oct 2007
664 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fintastic View Post
I have a problem with my 808 #16 v2 recording only about 5 minutes in freezing temperatures (-3 C), then it shuts down. I wonder if this is normal. When I get back indoors, the camera records for much longer with no problems.

And -3 C isn't even THAT cold...

There could be some other explanation to the problem besides temperature, but I have no idea what it might be.
Wow that 26.6 Fahrenheit!! I'm cold if it gets below 75 Fahrenheit!!
metalbender4by is offline Find More Posts by metalbender4by
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:05 AM
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalbender4by View Post
Wow that 26.6 Fahrenheit!! I'm cold if it gets below 75 Fahrenheit!!
Earlier this year it was about -25 C (-13 F), so -3 C is nothing... But I didn't have a chance to fly until now. I think it's pretty weird if 808 fails in such a mild temperature. Usually I have no problems with electronical devices in these temperatures. The plane itself (Bixler 2) works fine.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 11:55 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Earlier this year it was about -25 C (-13 F), so -3 C is nothing... But I didn't have a chance to fly until now. I think it's pretty weird if 808 fails in such a mild temperature. Usually I have no problems with electronical devices in these temperatures. The plane itself (Bixler 2) works fine.
Your other batteries are most probably larger or warmer. Cold is a big enemy of LiPos and has nothing to do with the camera. Temperatures nearing freezing point are too cold for these batteries. Keep the camera in your pocket until you need it. There have been posts in this, or the previous thread, of different insulating materials and methods to protect the camera.

Ever since digital cameras have been around I've had problems with them in the cold. Even the early models which used standard AA batteries were hopeless in the cold. Modern ones are a bit better but suffer all the same.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:02 PM
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
The battery gets pretty warm in my 808, so it's weird that slightly freezing ambient temperature affects it so much.

Anyways, maybe I'll try insulating the camera somehow...
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:22 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,927 Posts
The problem of short camera operation when cold has been mentioned a few times before.

The camera uses a pretty small lipo so cold will affect it and give the problems you experienced.

As isoprop said... keep the battery warm before flying. Put the camera on at the last minute before launching and see if insulating it gives longer runs.
sparklet is online now Find More Posts by sparklet
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:40 PM
Joined May 2012
178 Posts
I think I'll try covering it with bubble wrap... I'm not sure whether it works or not, but the positive thing is that you can see the led and also press the buttons through it.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:22 PM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,558 Posts
Quote:
The battery gets pretty warm in my 808, so it's weird that slightly freezing ambient temperature affects it so much.

Anyways, maybe I'll try insulating the camera somehow...
Also, when flying the cooling rate goes up tremendously with the cold airflow over and through the case! Some kind of foam plastic (rigid or flexible packing wrap) is the best insulator, but bubble wrap may be good enough if it doesn't let the camera vibrate and cause another problem (vibration wave artifacts in the video).
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Feb 06, 2013, 02:37 PM
Joined Feb 2013
8 Posts
Hi guys, hoping you might be able to help me....

I've had a #16 (version 1 I think) for a few months now but haven't used it that much. Lately it seems to have just stopped working and I think its because the battery isn't holding a charge.

1. When plugged into PC/socket adapter the green light light comes on like normal to indicate charging, but when I hold the power button down the red led flashes once for about 2 seconds and then goes off again
2. When not plugged in it has the same problem, red led flashes once then goes off and the camera does nothing.
3. I have tried different memory cards, plugged in with different usb leads/computers/power sockets.

I just about to buy a replacement battery thinking that is the problem, am I right?
Thanks in advance for nay help....
akachis1 is offline Find More Posts by akachis1