SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 09, 2011, 11:44 PM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,781 Posts
I think its the transistor on the board, I get it flying nicely sometimes when i press this in, but then it gets all erratic... now there is a serious wobble... *sigh*
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2011, 07:52 AM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytester View Post
look for a dull solderjiont . tey should be shinny most circuit board probs are from cninese cold solder joints'
TT
Thanks, When I find the time to recheck this board I will keep an eye out for the cold solder joint.
bsfixit is offline Find More Posts by bsfixit
Old Dec 10, 2011, 07:53 AM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
one other thing i noticed, usually the heli internal LED glowed bright red when bound and flying with input, now all I can see is a green LED (or sometimes yellow). what do the different colours mean?
It's been so long since I looked at the mainboard, I do not remember.
Blinking LED means it needs to be re-bound to the TX IIRC...
Old Dec 10, 2011, 12:09 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
Usually that spinning problem is due to a bad tail transistor or one where the solder isn't done properly.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:38 AM
South Africa, GP, Johannesburg
Joined Dec 2011
1,781 Posts
Which one is the tail transistor?
ArchillesElbow is offline Find More Posts by ArchillesElbow
Old Dec 11, 2011, 08:22 AM
Malaysia, Sabah, Kuala Penyu
Joined Aug 2011
721 Posts
Recently I replaced my solo pro main shaft and when I flew it....it spins to the left. I counter with trim until the end of it. Before replacing the new main shaft....it spins to the right..I corrected it wt just a liitle trim to the left. The tail is fine (its new also)...I try to adjust the 2 linkages but still spinning to the left.......when I observed closer, I found out that the new main shaft makes my blade a bit higher than the one that it replaced bcoz of the lower holes (connect to the main gear) is a little lower. But one thing I like right now is that the heli move forward easier & faster than before. emm....o ya..from the many ugrades for solo pro v1/2, which one is really working?... thanks
CPMBOY is offline Find More Posts by CPMBOY
Old Dec 11, 2011, 09:14 AM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchillesElbow View Post
BS: u r right I just pressed the board on the transistor a few times an it worked for one outdoor flight. Landed it great for a battery change and it went back to spinning around again. Couldn't get it back normal no matter how many times I presse the board, also lost the flashing blue light..
I think a problem with quality control has led to many solder connection problems on these mainboards. Either cold solder joints or just pain bad, not connected solder joints that come loose after a couple of hard landings.
I believe the power transistor for the tail and main motors are opposite the header pins of the correlating tail and main motor connectors. I would have to pull my heli's case out to take a better look. However, and I posted a video of this in the other Solo Pro thread, shows the right servo (viewed from the tail) getting stuck in the down position. Then returning to center with light touching of the mainboard.

I will edit the link to the video when I find it...

EDIT: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=5564

I just realized this video is a mirror image of the original. It appears the left servo is the problem, but it is the right side servo. I think I made this video with my MacBook Pro. They play back a mirror image. At least my old Macbook Pro did.
Last edited by bsfixit; Dec 11, 2011 at 09:22 AM. Reason: Added link
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:03 AM
Tokyo
Joined Jan 2010
700 Posts
The problem with the v911 and 9958 rx's is their lack of motor plugs. I guess this is not a problem if you have smd soldering skills (I don't).

I would imaging the v911 throws are comparable to the SP as the head is so similar...at least from what I've seen in photos.
bytemuncher is offline Find More Posts by bytemuncher
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:05 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
I've been looking for alternatives to purchasing another NE RX.

- SMD RX repair, replacing SMD mosfets

- 9958 RX binds with Turnigy 9X TX, requires modding Bravo SX/Solo Pro frame for proper mounting.

http://www.hacksmods.com/2011/12/xie...s-solo-pro-rx/

- V911 RX is cheap. Reports hint binding with Turnigy 9X is possible. Needs testing for Bravo SX/Solo Pro frame mounting and if servos offer enough throw to match the stock NE RX.

http://www.myrcmart.com/wlv91116-24g...et-p-4249.html
I am also interested if other v911 parts will be drop in alternatives for the SoloPro/Bravo SX. The pictures on MyRCmart make it look like many if not most of the parts identical to the NE parts. Who will my the first to try? I am really tempted because of the great prices.
jlk69 is offline Find More Posts by jlk69
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:13 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
The problem with the v911 and 9958 rx's is their lack of motor plugs. I guess this is not a problem if you have smd soldering skills (I don't).

I would imaging the v911 throws are comparable to the SP as the head is so similar...at least from what I've seen in photos.
Is there not just little pads on the Rx to solder the motor wires to? I was able to solder the lights connectors onto my replacement Bravo SX board pretty easily and my soldering skills a very minimal. I don't think SMD skills are needed. Anybody else know more about this Rx?
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:19 AM
RC Aircraft Junkie
USA, CA, Chula Vista
Joined Sep 2004
860 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bytemuncher View Post
It may be a case of you get what you pay for...but at these prices it's worth a try. I'm actually tempted to build a v911 from parts and then buy a turnigy 9x. I don't like paying shipping costs for a heavy tx that sucks. I would probably go for the SP main shaft as it is CF though...anyway, I'm getting off topic.
Not really, I am thinking along similar lines. I want to build a Bravo SX with a v911 board and a mix of cheap v911 parts and Bravo SX spares I already have. BTW Daryoon informed me that Blade SR 120 tail boom is the same as the Solo Pro/9958/mSr main shaft and you can get 3 main shafts from 1 tail boom. I got one on order from my LHS.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 02:58 AM
Israel
Joined Jan 2011
257 Posts
Brosol,

I assume that the v911 servo throws/cyclics are less then the SP - I assume this because it was reported to be slower then the SP.
I posted a v911 mod suggestion in the v911 thread - it is a simple mod to do in order to increase cyclics and achieve more servo throws and FFF.
Unfortunately, I did not get my v911 yet, so I can't check the feasibility of this mod.
Look at post #58 here:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1548027&page=4

bytemuncher,

You don't need to do smd soldering in order to add motor plugs, you can just cut the motor wires somewhere close to the board (leaving enough length to handle with the connectors) and connect the plug there, even without soldering - just don't forget to isolate the wires to avoid electricl short and make sure you don't reverse the polarity.

EDIT: It is not realy cheaper to build the v911 from parts, the price (shipping included) will be about 5$-10$ less then the full package if you order everything in the package except the Tx. It will be more valuable if you want to do a SP, BSX, 9958, MSR, V911 mix and take the best parts of each heli in order to create a "Super Hybrid" which will be the best and cheapest micro.
asanado is offline Find More Posts by asanado
Last edited by asanado; Dec 12, 2011 at 03:09 AM.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 06:20 AM
Sarasota, FL
Joined May 2009
1,029 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brosol View Post
bsfixit: I used a rubber band to flex the board as a temporary fix for a NE 210A RX with similar servo problems. Unfortunately this stopped working after a few flights. If you're set up for SMD work, resoldering the solder joints might help.
That is a great idea, maybe get a few more flights out of that mainboard anyway. I do have a adjustable temp solder station, with a sharp pin tip.
What temp setting do I use for SMD work? My soldering skills have greatly improved from a couple years ago. I searched for SMD tips and tricks but never found much... It is worth a shot..
Thanks
Old Dec 12, 2011, 09:42 AM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,340 Posts
Oops..I didn't realize which thread I was in. Since it's a FAQ, I will make the post more relevant by saying that it looks like the v911 RX will be a good fit on the Solo Pro/Bravo SX.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
Old Dec 12, 2011, 07:51 PM
new kid on the block
United States, IL, Roscoe
Joined Nov 2011
374 Posts
hello i just bought this exact heli http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...arehouse_.html

its the "v2", is it a big enough deal to cancel the order and buy the version 5?
mr.michael.2468 is offline Find More Posts by mr.michael.2468