HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 14, 2012, 01:52 AM
RC addict? I'm not addicted...
Danmark, Midtjylland, Roslev
Joined Jul 2011
1,073 Posts
hahaha me too Tony. Love flying it around indoors when it's windy out (alsmost all the time here).
Most of my repairs on it this year have been involving the prop-spinner and hotglue
Nighthawk74 is online now Find More Posts by Nighthawk74
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Blade 300 X n00biness
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 15, 2012, 01:36 AM
NE England
Joined Jul 2002
213 Posts
Has anyone launched their NV without the battery fitted? If you do you'll notice the model glides perfectly for quite a distance and then lands perfectly. With the battery on-board it won't do this (with the motor stopped of course), not even with the battery in it's rear-most position. So . . I'm wondering if the stock set-up is 'too' nose heavy - especially as I can't get mine to loop indoors without building speed ina dive (outdoors even a light headwind helps with loops). I've got the battery as far back as it will go and am now thinking maybe it needs to go back even further, but I can't yet see how to do this. Comments?
T.W. is offline Find More Posts by T.W.
Old Oct 15, 2012, 03:51 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
I don't think so... Your mix is the fix. I do it also but leave some rudder on the right stick in case my brain thinks ailerons
Why are you thinking 'rudder'? rather than 'turn' ? And why does your brain care what surface is doing it?? I fly mostly 4 ch but have never had an issue flying my 3ch planes and can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would have an issue?
rtbates is offline Find More Posts by rtbates
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:20 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbates View Post
Why are you thinking 'rudder'? rather than 'turn' ? And why does your brain care what surface is doing it?? I fly mostly 4 ch but have never had an issue flying my 3ch planes and can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would have an issue?
I can't answer that one, but I'm definitely thinking "rudder" with the thing. First 3-channel for me.

I found myself using the left stick first, and additionally the right stick as the left has no effect.

Putting the rudder on the left stick made things much better. I did not find myself trying to work the right stick for turns.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Oct 15, 2012, 07:56 PM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,253 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbates View Post
I can't say there is any issue either way? My first plane was a 4 ch 3d foamy, rudder distinction seemed necessary to master that. In hind sight, rudder on the right stick with 3 ch is fine too. Now I've been flying a wing and there is nothing but throttle on the left stick. I'm not thinking about what I do with the sticks at all anymore and adjust quickly to what I toss up to fly. This wasn't the case in the early days and now I really don't know what the best way is to set up your 3 ch planes if you know your going to fly 4 ch or more eventually. Not even sure if it matters either, everyone will eventually reach the point that they stop "thinking" about it. Takes a while but it will happen and all you need to do is just fly enough. Getting a 4 ch high wing trainer will speed the process in my opinion. Now back to the NV.... I do like rudder mixed on both sticks, just easy that way for me. YMMV!
whirlcap is online now Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old Oct 16, 2012, 05:14 AM
South Africa, WC, Cape Town
Joined Mar 2012
37 Posts
The wife even had ago on the vapor... no RC flying experience and with a little coaching she had it flying around the living room Hopefully the bug has bitten now!!
Nobby33 is offline Find More Posts by Nobby33
Old Oct 16, 2012, 07:33 PM
USA, GA, Kennesaw
Joined Dec 2003
452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk74 View Post
hahaha me too Tony. Love flying it around indoors when it's windy out (alsmost all the time here).
Most of my repairs on it this year have been involving the prop-spinner and hotglue
It's nice to have an easy fix that doesn't cost a good bit or require parts to be ordered
Tony Twoskids is offline Find More Posts by Tony Twoskids
Old Oct 16, 2012, 11:04 PM
UMs & parkflyers... for now.
United States, VA, Herndon
Joined Apr 2012
2,920 Posts
The apartments where I live are resurfacing the parking areas, one section at a time. They resurfaced my section today and will paint the lines on the pavement tomorrow... allowing no parking.

The entire parking area was open, empty unmarked pavement... and the wind died, tonight.

Can you guess?

I ran out every battery, tooling the Vapor around the apartment complex, to the great delight of many children watching from their balconies... and the chagrin of some apartment dwellers, who had put their pet dogs out on theirs.

One little pass by a particular 3rd floor balcony was good for 5 minutes of raucous barking.

Life is Good.
Life with RC aircraft in your life is better.
davidterrell80 is offline Find More Posts by davidterrell80
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 03, 2012, 11:38 PM
Bunch of RCs,can't fly 1/2
United States, CA, Long Beach
Joined Aug 2011
114 Posts
Hello all. I have a question. Is there a way to have the setting of rudder movement on the night vapor instead of it being on the right stick? Can it be changed to the left stick of the remote?I have a dx6i( the newer model if that makes any diff.) thx in adv
alphanate is offline Find More Posts by alphanate
Old Nov 04, 2012, 01:17 AM
Joined Dec 2007
15 Posts
Yes, you can set a mix, master:rudder, slave: aileron, 100%. That way when you move your rudder stick it will slave over to the aileron channel.
edjo69 is offline Find More Posts by edjo69
Old Nov 04, 2012, 03:19 AM
UK, Ballymena, Ballymena
Joined Aug 2008
138 Posts
night vapor

Just plug in the rudder servo to the aileron port on the receiver.
ourbluehorizon is offline Find More Posts by ourbluehorizon
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:18 AM
Joined Aug 2011
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edjo69 View Post
Yes, you can set a mix, master:rudder, slave: aileron, 100%. That way when you move your rudder stick it will slave over to the aileron channel.
Thx allot. That did the trick. I need to get used to the rudder on the left so I can get flying the 4ch.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 04:18 AM
Joined Aug 2011
114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ourbluehorizon View Post
Just plug in the rudder servo to the aileron port on the receiver.
Old Nov 04, 2012, 06:05 AM
Joined Dec 2007
15 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphanate View Post
Ourblue is confused, the old green dot vapor boards had a five channel reciever where you could do this. The new blue dot boards are only three channel so this cannot be done. Glad the mix worked for you, ed
edjo69 is offline Find More Posts by edjo69
Old Nov 04, 2012, 08:28 AM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphanate View Post
Thx allot. That did the trick. I need to get used to the rudder on the left so I can get flying the 4ch.
Add another mix, aileron -> aileron, -100, -100. That way, only the left stick will move the rudder.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs