Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jul 06, 2014, 07:51 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Dec 2013
8 Posts
Question
create the 3d bone

Hello,

I have a newbie question, there is so many 3D model aircraft in warehouse sketchup, any idea how to fitted the bone of it?

for example, I have this 3d model.

and how to create a bone like this?
xbuddynet is offline Find More Posts by xbuddynet
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 06, 2014, 04:20 PM
Denver, CO
Joined Dec 2005
6,224 Posts
I usually slice it up to get the outline of the ribs, and bulkheads. Then extrude it the thickness of the balsa, and cut out as needed for stringers, and such. Time consuming.

Roto Rob is online now Find More Posts by Roto Rob
Old Jul 07, 2014, 10:55 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,361 Posts
This is where you might want to look at DevFus and related apps from www.devcad.com

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 08, 2014, 10:37 AM
The Junk Man
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Jul 2006
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
This is where you might want to look at DevFus and related apps from www.devcad.com

Andy
Really? DevFus can take SketchUp files and section them? I had no idea.

Tom
T_om is online now Find More Posts by T_om
Old Jul 08, 2014, 02:51 PM
France, Auvergne, Lapalisse
Joined Dec 2005
896 Posts
this is what you can do with dev sofware
dpot is offline Find More Posts by dpot
Old Jul 08, 2014, 04:20 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,361 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T_om View Post
Really? DevFus can take SketchUp files and section them? I had no idea.

Tom
Neither did I. Is that what was used to create the images? I don't see any mention of Sketchup.

Dev does a great job at sectioning 3D files. Check it out! You can even start with a sketch by tracing a raster image. I found it pretty handy for working with the 3D images of the HL-10 when I was working on it.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...0&postcount=49

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Jul 08, 2014, 06:59 PM
The Junk Man
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Jul 2006
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Neither did I. Is that what was used to create the images? I don't see any mention of Sketchup.
The original poster asked specifically about SketchUp. He is importing files from the SketchUp online library (called the Warehouse).

Now, I ask again, why is DevFus even being mentioned here? Will it section SketchUp 3D models?

Tom
Old Jul 09, 2014, 01:58 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta
Joined Dec 2013
8 Posts
Quote:
The original poster asked specifically about SketchUp. He is importing files from the SketchUp online library (called the Warehouse).

Now, I ask again, why is DevFus even being mentioned here? Will it section SketchUp 3D models?

Tom
Thanks Tom, maybe currently is no tool yet for convert rapidly to create bone, so it looks like I have to create as you do.
xbuddynet is offline Find More Posts by xbuddynet
Old Jul 09, 2014, 07:15 AM
France, Auvergne, Lapalisse
Joined Dec 2005
896 Posts
Quote:

Tom
i used rhino 4 and 5 autocad and inventor 360
and of course devcadcam devfuzcam devfuzfoam devwingcam

it is just a mater of using the right tool for the job and sketchup is not in it good luck
dpot is offline Find More Posts by dpot
Old Jul 09, 2014, 08:25 AM
The Junk Man
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Jul 2006
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpot View Post
it is just a mater of using the right tool for the job and sketchup is not in it good luck

Now that is some funny stuff right there! As if SketchUp has not been used to design model aircraft. Really funny. There is this thing called the "Internet". See what it has to say about using SketchUp for model aircraft design.

No one has to use " rhino 4 and 5 autocad and inventor 360 and of course devcadcam devfuzcam devfuzfoam devwingcam " to do what he wants.

To address the original question now that all the guys flogging DevFus have rung in, there are YouTube videos showing how to section skinned SketchUp models.

There are several ways to do it, but again, the Internet is your friend. There is even a plugin that not only sections the model but extracts the former thickness as you go. just do some research and pick a method.

Tom
Old Jul 09, 2014, 03:42 PM
Joined Jul 2006
114 Posts
What's the name of the sectioning/thickening plug in please?.

Ps I like Devfus etc because they do what I want...there the bell has been rung again.

It's horses for courses..

Hope you suceed in making the model you want.
JH
jregholdsworth is offline Find More Posts by jregholdsworth
Old Jul 09, 2014, 06:14 PM
The Junk Man
Jacksonville, Florida
Joined Jul 2006
1,204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jregholdsworth View Post
What's the name of the sectioning/thickening plug in please?.

Ps I like Devfus etc because they do what I want...there the bell has been rung again.

It's horses for courses..

Hope you suceed in making the model you want.
JH

The one I use is called "TIG Slicer v5.23"

There are others.

Tom