HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 20, 2014, 01:25 PM
Team WarpSquad
San Diego, CA
Joined Dec 2010
6,067 Posts
I take a small screw and screw it in to that point. Then solder into the top of the screw.
Daryoon is online now Find More Posts by Daryoon
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2014, 02:42 PM
United States, MS, Jackson
Joined Jan 2014
20 Posts
Thanks Daryoon,that's a great idea- I will try that when I have time.
schall87 is online now Find More Posts by schall87
Old Yesterday, 09:06 AM
just Some Useless Geek
Chicagoland
Joined Oct 2008
2,535 Posts
The motors cost about six or seven bucks. Hardly worth the effort to rescue a broken one, eh?
A Useless Geek is online now Find More Posts by A Useless Geek
Old Yesterday, 12:35 PM
Joined Jan 2014
20 Posts
I ordered a pair after I was unable to revive the motor. 10 minutes of soldering is not a big deal to me. When possible, I try to repair instead of immediately replacing. It doesn't hurt, & when successful it is faster and cheaper than a replacement.
Old Yesterday, 12:41 PM
Joined Feb 2007
529 Posts
The V929 that I received 4th July 2014 timeframe from xheli, works with DEVO 7E with the circuit board taken out of a V911 controller. I assume it is Flysky, haven't tried my Turnigy 9x controller (hardly ever used just seems too big). But Devoe 7E is awesome, makes significant difference for V929. I can only get it to bind by connecting battery first then powering on Devo7E, using the re-init button within the menu does not bind, like it does for other quads/helis.

I can't seem to find those better props that everyone is talking about though, are they no longer available? Thinking about getting some more batteries and parallel charge cable, maybe a set of motors from micro-motor warehouse. Are those motors significantly better like they claim?

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Useless Geek View Post
I bought two new V929s last year and they both used a different protocol from my original V929 purchased three years ago. The two later ones could bind to and use each other's radios, but no other radio I have (and I gots a pile of them) would work with either of those two quads.

This has been discussed at some length elsewhere in this thread and in the radio subforum.
jpconard is offline Find More Posts by jpconard
Old Today, 07:51 AM
Joined Jan 2014
20 Posts
No experience with devo7 or the micro motor warehouse, but you can still find the 5443 props at hobbyking. It really blew my mind how well they perform. You will need to buy a number 22 drill bit to enlarge the hole so they will fit the newer v929 shafts. Just tighten the bit into the drill and use your hand to rotate the prop onto it. don't power up the drill.