HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 19, 2012, 12:55 PM
United Kingdom, England, Southampton
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
Ok I think my mind is made up, I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure! Lol.
I've decided I'm going to get one, I've seen this offer below RTF, camera mount everything I need except for a battery charger.

http://aerialfilmingstore.com/produc...ble-quadcopter

Hs anyone got any recommendations for a charger that will suit?
pigdogstix is offline Find More Posts by pigdogstix
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2012, 04:59 PM
Good Times
Portland . Dorset . England
Joined Jun 2009
290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pigdogstix View Post
Where did you order yours from Bobbyr?

HobbyKing mate ,

but not with RX and TX

oh nice Video Matt

Bob
Bobbyr is offline Find More Posts by Bobbyr
Old Nov 19, 2012, 07:45 PM
Pilot in Training
United States, NC, Asheville
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:
Ok I think my mind is made up, I used to be indecisive but now I'm not so sure! Lol.
I've decided I'm going to get one, I've seen this offer below RTF, camera mount everything I need except for a battery charger.

http://aerialfilmingstore.com/produc...ble-quadcopter

Hs anyone got any recommendations for a charger that will suit?
Ditto.. Im thinking the same thing and ready to take the plunge (LOL! no pun intended)..
Q is, after reading almost this entire thread, I dont think this is the I-Fly4 S, rather the older model.. right?
Ive sent them an email with Q's.. we'll see what they say..

@Joe.. I cant remember if you mentioned these folks as an authorized dealer in the UK..?
At $320, roughly $508 USD.. hmmm, I wonder..
MJS88 is offline Find More Posts by MJS88
Old Nov 19, 2012, 09:10 PM
United States, VT, Burlington
Joined Nov 2012
74 Posts
I've been thinking for awhile about getting into flying a GoPro around, especially as I plan to get one of the new Black Edition ones pretty soon which can do some amazing things. Buying the cam next month at some point, friend is using one for a project and going to sell it to me 1/2 off when it's over......

Brand new to RC anything, hoping this will be a fairly straightforward introduction. Been doing a lot of homework, but bough one of the IFLY-4 copters from HobbyKing and a Turnigy 9x to go with it, along with a QuadFrame mount (http://quadframe.myshopify.com/colle...d-other-frames) for the GoPro and some extra props for when I dump the thing while learning........

I figure I'll roll over to full carbon fiber props once I'm decent at flying it, as that should save about 80-100g off stock weight, hopefully increase the flight time a bit. I was expecting ~5min flight times without the GoPro or mount attached when I broke out the credit card, so to hear people getting ~10-13 minute flights out of 2600-3000mah batteries is AWESOME. Figure CF props, 5000mah batteries, and a second FPV downlink camera setup are in the future depending on how well things go with my initial learning to fly and non-downlink GoPro stuff turns out.

I'd love to try and carry a Canon T3 and lens at about 700-800g with some weight reduction and smaller batteries on the body, but I doubt I'll get that far with this copter. Figure if it looks commercially viable for my area I'll jump up to a bigger kit and turn it into a side business......

Hoping to try and use the WiFi live view for the GoPro iOS apps for framing shots and videos, as long as it doesn't !&*$ with the controller links on 2.4 as well.... We'll see.

I'm a professional photographer & tech rep by day working for an RF / embedded development company, so I live and breathe RF stuff daily........... For having gone to college for photo, I'm counting my blessings to have a few RF engineers behind me once I get deeper into this whole thing...........

Been talking about getting a GoPro capable quad of almost a year now - hoping to be able to pull some stuff like this once ski season rolls around: http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=-m5s3...%3D-m5s3Jjfx4s

Anyway that got long..... Guess I'm excited about this whole thing! Ordered last week, shipped today for HK, hopefully be flying next week!
Bangor is offline Find More Posts by Bangor
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:30 AM
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Ditto.. Im thinking the same thing and ready to take the plunge (LOL! no pun intended)..
Q is, after reading almost this entire thread, I dont think this is the I-Fly4 S, rather the older model.. right?
Ive sent them an email with Q's.. we'll see what they say..
Hi MJS88, yes I think it is the original ifly4, I've not seen or heard anymore about the release or sale of the 4s version apart from in this thread.
Let us know what they say when they reply to your email.

Has anyone else bought anything through aerial filming before?

Pigdogstix
Old Nov 20, 2012, 02:48 AM
Custom quad builder
United States, TX, Spring
Joined Apr 2012
2,364 Posts
The ifly 4 s will be out soon I can't give any details yet but you will like it they have made quite a few changes
tech69x is offline Find More Posts by tech69x
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:00 AM
Joined Nov 2012
158 Posts
1st post here, Hi
i ordered one of these from hk last week along with hk radio and batteries.
bought it with the intention of using my gopro to film RC cars, but after looking into the hobby a bit more i would also like to try FPV, that looks so cool
i've flown 6ch helis to the stage where i could do most basic manoeuvres so i'm hoping getting to grips with a multirotor shouldn't be too difficult
IflyaIfly4 is offline Find More Posts by IflyaIfly4
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:13 AM
I can fly this plane
Kingdom of Sweden, Gävleborg County, Sandviken
Joined Jan 2012
220 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bangor View Post
Brand new to RC anything, hoping this will be a fairly straightforward...

Hoping to try and use the WiFi live view for the GoPro iOS apps for framing shots and videos, as long as it doesn't !&*$ with the controller links on 2.4 as well.... We'll see.
1. Start off with a simulator. It will save you a lot of money.
2. Wi-Fi and 2.4 is a recipe for disaster.
PinDuke is offline Find More Posts by PinDuke
Old Nov 20, 2012, 05:34 AM
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech69x View Post
The ifly 4 s will be out soon I can't give any details yet but you will like it they have made quite a few changes
So do you think it's worth hanging on for the 4 s? & I appreciate you may not be able to give too much away but are we talking this year or early next year?
I'm in no real rush to buy but as long as the upgraded version is confirmed as being on the way I may as well wait for that.
Old Nov 20, 2012, 08:09 AM
Pilot in Training
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:
So do you think it's worth hanging on for the 4 s? & I appreciate you may not be able to give too much away but are we talking this year or early next year?
I'm in no real rush to buy but as long as the upgraded version is confirmed as being on the way I may as well wait for that.
Hey guys, look at the reply I just got..

(From Aerial Filming) -
Hello Rick,
here is a link to the IFLY-4s
http://aerialfilmingstore.com/collec...uav-quadcopter

many thanks
Jonathan

---- apparently they just got the 4-S.. here's what they told me about the i-Fly 4...

" Hello Rick,
This is the IFLY-4 we are in talks with the IFLY factory to get hold of i-Fly4- S but for now its the normal IFLY,
It does include everything you need except a charger and they are tested and flown at the factory before they are shipped out.
it will carry a gopro and you will get about 8 mins of flight time of the standard battery

we also have this new in stock http://aerialfilmingstore.com/collec...quadcopter-fpv
full RTF and FPV MQ600 bigger than the IFLY and can carry more weight.

Thanks
Jonathan
-----------------------

I think I would want to wait for the 4-S, but it seems they dont have the full RTF setup yet, I want the camera rig..
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:47 AM
Pilot in Training
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
Quote:
Update:
I asked Jonathan if he was going to offer, or be able to put together a complete RTF package for me.. here's what he replied >

".. Hi Rick,
The RTF package is something i am looking into today hopefully i can get a good package together in the next day or so. It will include the Camera mount as it is still the same for both Iflys, i will be upgrading the Radio set to a better one but still try and keep the cost down as much as possible.
it will probably come with
2pcs ACE 11.1V2200mAh 20C Lipo Battery Pack.
we dont have 3300 lipos as yet
I will keep you posted .."

I also told him about the low battery beeps problem with the 20C's as was mentioned earlier in the thread.. Im sure I could get some of the nano3300's ..

In conclusion > YAY!!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 04:49 PM
Pilot in Training
Joined May 2012
231 Posts
WOW! That was FAST!
Merely a few hours after my last post Jonathan sent me an email with this ..

>> Here is the new IFLY-4s RTF package we have got in store for you.
http://aerialfilmingstore.com/collec...uav-quadcopter

Well.. so how could I possibly resist something SO enticing, LOL!!
Aha, I caved in and placed my order..
@ around $750 USD total, Im pretty sure it's going to be worth it..

Although I've flown OPQ's before and have done extensive research since last year..
THIS is going to officially be my own, very first Quad..
Im so excited I feel like Daddy waiting on the birth of his 1st child.. LOL!
Old Nov 20, 2012, 07:52 PM
Joined Nov 2012
60 Posts
Ha! I should have checked here first, I've just sent Jonathan an email asking a couple of questions about the 4 s and if they will be stocking it as well.

If that price is correct for an RTF version I think I will be joining you.

Update, just purchased one!
Last edited by pigdogstix; Nov 20, 2012 at 08:17 PM. Reason: Update
Old Nov 20, 2012, 09:47 PM
United States, VT, Burlington
Joined Nov 2012
74 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by PinDuke View Post
1. Start off with a simulator. It will save you a lot of money.
2. Wi-Fi and 2.4 is a recipe for disaster.
Figured I'd try it out, but yeah my guess is that the WiFi is just asking for trouble. Looking into a sim now, friend offered to lend me one for a bit which will be good!
Bangor is offline Find More Posts by Bangor
Old Nov 21, 2012, 01:49 AM
Wannabe B-26 pilot!
Southwold, Suffolk, UK.
Joined Nov 2002
4,895 Posts
Have been reading the specs on the 4S. I think then, that I will be getting one sometime in the future!
The FC looks pretty versatile, I look forward to reading of your experiences with yours then guys! If it's anything like my 4, in terms of flyability then I'll be happy with that. GPS too
Matt Halton is offline Find More Posts by Matt Halton