Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 06, 2011, 04:59 PM
Manchester
Joined Jul 2008
464 Posts
Gallery
MK Hexacopter with Canon G12 AP Pics

Hi Guys,

Its been a while.... I have been flying and try to get some shots. There are some really great pics on here, well done guys...

I have recently been rebuilding and enhancing a friends MK as well as to add on the Canon, 5.8Ghz video downlink etc... Its been great, and the best is i had time to fly it for testing but also to get a few pics...

I took these last week and thought they came out prett nice. Hope you enjoy them too... and here are 2 pics of the MK configuration too...

cvandenb is offline Find More Posts by cvandenb
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 06, 2011, 06:55 PM
Rich Hill Missouri 64779
Joined Nov 2003
8,357 Posts
Great pictures and a very nice outfit!
quailbird is offline Find More Posts by quailbird
Old Sep 07, 2011, 01:39 AM
HeliAP'er!
Surrey, UK
Joined Aug 2003
8,191 Posts
Nice neat setup! I love how you've kept the external wiring to an absolute minimum – just how I am proceeding with my hexacopter build!

Is that your own design of undercarriage? Looks like it's made from two undercarriage arches mounted vertically?

Good work!

David
Hogster is offline Find More Posts by Hogster
Old Sep 07, 2011, 06:42 AM
Sweden, Umea
Joined Nov 2006
236 Posts
Yes, keep up the great work.

Now give us info about the setup!!

And if you are using EPP props, change them as they can break inflight. I have had that experience......no fun at all
airfoto.se is offline Find More Posts by airfoto.se
Old Sep 08, 2011, 12:00 AM
Israel, Ness Ziona
Joined Sep 2004
4,634 Posts
Great pics.
Love the colors..Well done!!

Guy
guyg is offline Find More Posts by guyg
Old Sep 08, 2011, 12:42 AM
Israel, Ness Ziona
Joined Sep 2004
4,634 Posts
cvandenb
Were did you got these soft pads - 4 units under your camera Platform ?
do the Screws go ALL THE WAY down to the other side - covered and supported with the foam
OR.. 1/3 way screws into the foam \ rubber unit so the camera can "Float" on ?
As i need some of These.
Do you have a link to get them or it is Home made.?
Your setup looks GREAT nice cleen and as a PRO..well done!!

Tx
Guy
Old Sep 08, 2011, 07:18 AM
Manchester
Joined Jul 2008
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hogster View Post
Nice neat setup! I love how you've kept the external wiring to an absolute minimum just how I am proceeding with my hexacopter build!

Is that your own design of undercarriage? Looks like it's made from two undercarriage arches mounted vertically?

Good work!

David
Hi David...

Good to hear from you. I am watching your build... Its looking great and i see from the video you have ventrued off the floor

The great thing with this heli is its a MikroKopter... Is is supposed to look this this, clean and tidy, but you pay a price for that....

Yes, the landing gear is home made... It is actually from a 50 size heli landing gear that has been "adapted" yes, one horizontal and one vertical. The vertical one is cut off half way and then goes into an aluminium frame bit that is then clamped onto the hex frame. It is nice and light whilst still strong.

Looking forward to some new pics from your hex...

BR
Old Sep 08, 2011, 07:23 AM
Manchester
Joined Jul 2008
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airfoto.se View Post
Yes, keep up the great work.

Now give us info about the setup!!

And if you are using EPP props, change them as they can break inflight. I have had that experience......no fun at all
Hi and thank you for the interest.

Well, this is a Hex from MikroKopter ( you can find them on the web). This heli uses the Flight Controller, Navigation Controller, Magnetic Compass and GPS units. It runs the 6 MK motors and uses a 4S1P 4000 Lipo pack.
The Camera is a Canon G12.
There is also a Rangevideo voltage regulator to drop the 16+ volts to 12v for the 5.8Ghz video transmitter.
The heli also uses a Shutterbug Pro that has a phone plug into the Canon that controls the camera taking photos. Its has a on/off switch from the transmitter, but will then automatically take photos continuesly, until the TX switch is turned off.

Hope you enjoy the techy bits
Old Sep 08, 2011, 07:30 AM
Manchester
Joined Jul 2008
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyg View Post
cvandenb
Were did you got these soft pads - 4 units under your camera Platform ?
do the Screws go ALL THE WAY down to the other side - covered and supported with the foam
OR.. 1/3 way screws into the foam \ rubber unit so the camera can "Float" on ?
As i need some of These.
Do you have a link to get them or it is Home made.?
Your setup looks GREAT nice cleen and as a PRO..well done!!

Tx
Guy
Hi Guy,

Good to hear from you...

The screws are not all the way through. It is a screw thread onto a little plate on each side. In the middle is a silicone join. There is no link between the two metal plates other than the silicone.

i bought the mounts from this company here in the UK...
http://www.gelmec.co.uk

These mounts work extremely well... On the first flight out i took a load of photos, from the 65 photos only 1 was blurd, because i happend to pan the heli just as the photo was taken.
Also on the same day/ flight, i switched the camera to HD video... And it camemout perfect... No jello... No vibration etc... It jut worked the first tme. I haveto add that i spent the last 3 years testing various materials to get the best vibration dampning andnusing different techniques... so this wasnt just luck... but it works and now you all can benefit from it

Enjoy... And if you have trouble gettingnhold of them, let me know and i can help you to get hold of some of them.

All the best,
Charl
Old Sep 08, 2011, 10:27 AM
Israel, Ness Ziona
Joined Sep 2004
4,634 Posts
cvandenb / Charl
I had send you a PM/ Private Messages
Tx allot
Guy
Last edited by guyg; Sep 08, 2011 at 10:39 AM.
Old Sep 08, 2011, 02:23 PM
Cumbria in the U.K
Joined Jan 2008
1,920 Posts
Great photos and a very nice looking hex.
sparklet is offline Find More Posts by sparklet
Old Sep 08, 2011, 04:11 PM
Manchester
Joined Jul 2008
464 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklet View Post
Great photos and a very nice looking hex.
Thank you