HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 04, 2012, 10:19 PM
"Every boy has a dream to fly"
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
the autostablization sucks. I had it on and went up 20 yards and then just slid to the left and slowly flipped over upside down into the ground
Airplanekid333 is offline Find More Posts by Airplanekid333
to remove ads between posts
Old May 04, 2012, 10:21 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airplanekid333 View Post
the autostablization sucks. I had it on and went up 20 yards and then just slid to the left and slowly flipped over upside down into the ground
Autostabilisation don't act on the vertical stabilisation...
That's Altitude..
Dialfonzo is online now Find More Posts by Dialfonzo
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: DiaLFonZo-Copter - Announcement
Old May 04, 2012, 11:02 PM
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
Yeah I know, I wasnt using baro, just acc and mag, fell out of the sky unforgivably. and now i am trying to connect the board to config and all i am getting is a red blinking light
Old May 04, 2012, 11:30 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,723 Posts
You did all your sensors calibration after flashing 2.0?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2012, 11:30 PM
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
Never mind, I got the issue solved, and flashed the board to 2.0! it said upload done so i went to the config program and I clicked Com4 and start, and the graph is flat and the Quad X picture is not moving, and so i clicked write and tried to fly but nothing happens. can anyone help?
Old May 04, 2012, 11:50 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,723 Posts
Quote:
Never mind, I got the issue solved, and flashed the board to 2.0! it said upload done so i went to the config program and I clicked Com4 and start, and the graph is flat and the Quad X picture is not moving, and so i clicked write and tried to fly but nothing happens. can anyone help?
What did you define in the sketch ?
RCG Plus Member
Old May 04, 2012, 11:55 PM
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
was i suppose to define something?
Old May 04, 2012, 11:59 PM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,723 Posts
Quote:
was i suppose to define something?
Quadrino is a Multiwii compatible board.
If you want the board to work you need to define the sensors that are on your board.

That is done in config.h tab
To define you need to remove the two // before the line of which board you have.
Code:
/********************************************************************/
/****           boards and sensor definitions                    ****/
/********************************************************************/

/* if you use a specific sensor board:
   please submit any correction to this list.
     Note from Alex: I only own some boards
                     for other boards, I'm not sure, the info was gathered via rc forums, be cautious */
//#define FFIMUv1         // first 9DOF+baro board from Jussi, with HMC5843                   <- confirmed by Alex
//#define FFIMUv2         // second version of 9DOF+baro board from Jussi, with HMC5883       <- confirmed by Alex
//#define FREEIMUv1       // v0.1 & v0.2 & v0.3 version of 9DOF board from Fabio
//#define FREEIMUv03      // FreeIMU v0.3 and v0.3.1
//#define FREEIMUv035     // FreeIMU v0.3.5 no baro
//#define FREEIMUv035_MS  // FreeIMU v0.3.5_MS                                                <- confirmed by Alex
//#define FREEIMUv035_BMP // FreeIMU v0.3.5_BMP
//#define FREEIMUv04      // FreeIMU v0.4 with MPU6050, HMC5883L, MS561101BA                  <- confirmed by Alex
//#define FREEIMUv043     // same as FREEIMUv04 with final MPU6050 (with the right ACC scale)
//#define PIPO            // 9DOF board from erazz
//#define QUADRINO        // full FC board 9DOF+baro board from witespy  with BMP085 baro     <- confirmed by Alex
//#define QUADRINO_ZOOM   // full FC board 9DOF+baro board from witespy  second edition       <- confirmed by Alex
//#define ALLINONE        // full FC board or standalone 9DOF+baro board from CSG_EU
//#define AEROQUADSHIELDv2
//#define ATAVRSBIN1      // Atmel 9DOF (Contribution by EOSBandi). requires 3.3V power.
//#define SIRIUS          // Sirius Navigator IMU                                             <- confirmed by Alex
//#define SIRIUS600       // Sirius Navigator IMU  using the WMP for the gyro
//#define MINIWII         // Jussi's MiniWii Flight Controller
//#define CITRUSv2_1      // CITRUS from qcrc.ca
//#define CHERRY6DOFv1_0
//#define DROTEK_10DOF    // Drotek 10DOF with ITG3200, BMA180, HMC5883, BMP085, w or w/o LLC
//#define DROTEK_10DOF_MS // Drotek 10DOF with ITG3200, BMA180, HMC5883, MS5611, LLC
//#define DROTEK_6DOFv2   // Drotek 6DOF v2
//#define DROTEK_6DOF_MPU // Drotek 6DOF with MPU6050
//#define MONGOOSE1_0     // mongoose 1.0    http://www.fuzzydrone.org/
//#define CRIUS_LITE      // Crius MultiWii Lite
//#define CRIUS_SE        // Crius MultiWii SE
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2012, 12:05 AM
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
thank you! anything else i should do that will help me? i heard that people define a low filter pass and their board works great!
Old May 05, 2012, 12:19 AM
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
Holy smokes... wow the 2.0 is amazing! i think thats the solution to the problem! Upgrade to 2.0!!! Nice smooth acro with good control and great Autostabization!!! Im impressed. Im going to take a screenshot and save these settings and im going to leave it alone and fly! maybe do some final touches later. I guess that the Mag needs to be defined too as well because i dont have mag.
Old May 05, 2012, 06:47 AM
USA, PA, Westmoreland Co.
Joined Aug 2008
1,262 Posts
I'm interested in seeing the settings you used.

For others who can maybe help -
I got my quad to run with Quadrino advanced, finally, lat weekend. But the settings, or maybe something else isn't right yet.
When I run up the throttle it just want to tip over to its left (my right as I face the top end of the quad and the top two rotors). I' be got the blade orientation and rotation correct for a quad x. I can't tell for sure but it looks like the motors on that side it wants to tip to aren't turning as fast as the other side.
I'm using RC timer 20A escs on all four motors, and the motors are all heads up RC 2215 970kv. Props are all the same Dia and pitch too (yes two are reversed). So to this point I cannot yet do a basic hover.
Can I test for rpms on individual motors on the GUI screen? And if that's the problem can they be adjusted on the GUI screen? Or does that involve programming the esc?
jonquinn is online now Find More Posts by jonquinn
Old May 05, 2012, 07:31 AM
DiaLFonZo - UAV/Drone
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2007
6,723 Posts
Quote:
Holy smokes... wow the 2.0 is amazing! i think thats the solution to the problem! Upgrade to 2.0!!! Nice smooth acro with good control and great Autostabization!!! Im impressed. Im going to take a screenshot and save these settings and im going to leave it alone and fly! maybe do some final touches later. I guess that the Mag needs to be defined too as well because i dont have mag.
What do you mean you don't have mag.?

The mag is define in the Quadrino define so you should have it.

Can you post a picture of your board top?

Also the mag need to be calibrated.
Click Calibration in GUI then you have some time to move 360deg in each axis to teach those settings
RCG Plus Member
Old May 05, 2012, 08:17 AM
Dark Yet??
United States, VA, Narrows
Joined Dec 2009
1,463 Posts
Quote:
I can't tell for sure but it looks like the motors on that side it wants to tip to aren't turning as fast as the other side.

Sounds like you need to calibrate the ESCs. Classic symptom.
Barn-E-Stormer is online now Find More Posts by Barn-E-Stormer
Old May 05, 2012, 02:47 PM
Fort Collins Colorado
Joined Sep 2009
510 Posts
i have my Aux wire connected to board and receiver and i checked the mag box and clicked write and when i flip the switch it doesnt activate. and i have calibrated mag by doing the 360 rotation
Old May 05, 2012, 05:51 PM
Joined Dec 2009
71 Posts
Quote:
i have my Aux wire connected to board and receiver and i checked the mag box and clicked write and when i flip the switch it doesnt activate. and i have calibrated mag by doing the 360 rotation
I had similar issues when trying to activate certain sensors in the software. Just basically repeated the procedure ( click box white, write, try switch, repeat until it worked. )

I've got ACC and manual working pretty well on my Quadrino Zoom. Think I'm going to swap out the ESC's as I don't like the responsiveness of the 30A Plush and the Cobra 2217's on my quad.

Also started to mess around with the other sensors. Got the Baro working pretty will with a couple of tweaks but need some feedback on my Mag. When I switch on the Mag it stays pretty well locked in. But when I yaw the quad I get a fairly slow rocking left and right (like a metronome) than is disconcerting. I've gone from stock setting on Mag, I've both increased and decreased the P and in ALL cases it continues. Anybody have any PID settings that work for them?
gottafly1 is offline Find More Posts by gottafly1