HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 26, 2014, 09:23 AM
USA, CA, Valencia
Joined Mar 2011
155 Posts
Discussion
JR DMSS Radio System Likes / Dislikes

I freely admit I am a JR guy. Only back in the hobby two years now. I lost my favorite warbird the other day on DSM2. I think it was a brownout. May have been my fault possible low voltage. Thinking of moving to DMSS. Have any of you JR users experienced any brownout or glitches with any of the DMSS air systems? I would consider a move to Futaba but do not want to learn new programming . I have no desire to start a food fight here. Please just your personal experience with the new JR products.

Thanks
dawhale is offline Find More Posts by dawhale
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 26, 2014, 02:11 PM
Upper Arlington, Ohio
Joined Dec 2007
1,439 Posts
Unfortunately, you'll only hear anecdotes on RCG followed by ad hominem attacks on those who share them.

That said, I've not heard nor read of issues with DMSS comparable to what is told about DSM2/X
RyanNX211 is offline Find More Posts by RyanNX211
Old Aug 26, 2014, 04:36 PM
Sunnyvale, CA, USA
Joined Apr 2000
1,761 Posts
Food fight in one - sheesh

To the OP you might have better luck researching on flying giants where there are some "new" JR users.

Some of my pro heli flyer friends had issues in the early days but my understanding is that they have been addressed.

If you like JR programming ( with you there) you will hate the "ergonomic slum" that is Futaba.
teamdavey is offline Find More Posts by teamdavey
Old Yesterday, 02:17 AM
United States, AZ, Chandler
Joined Jan 2011
410 Posts
No glitches. Even if you don't move away from Spektrum, I recommend switching to DSMX based on my experimentation with DSM2.

I have been flying DMSS for two years, flying sailplanes. Moved away from Spektum due to multiple quality control issues I was experiencing with the new DX18 at the time--I wanted to fully trust my radio for my plans to buy more expensive competition planes. In hindsight, I'm glad now that I had the problems that pushed me over to DMSS. Spektrum has radios with some neat features (e.g., talking telemetry), but their receiver technology in terms of telemetry (bulky, cumbersome, incompatible with UniSens-E ), bandwidth (fraction of DMSS), and failsafes (varies based on receiver) has fallen behind.
Westranm is offline Find More Posts by Westranm