Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 16, 2013, 01:36 PM
1981 Z28 "The Wife"
Bainbridge, GA
Joined Feb 2002
137 Posts
Discussion
Can someone recommend a scale light kit for an MD500?

I'm building a scale T Rex 250 MD500 and I bought the cheap Turnigy nav light kit from Hobby King. The first problem is the led lights are 5mm...way too big for my project. I have some 3mm led's, but my reds don't work with the Turnigy kit. I also don't want to spend more than $25.00 on a kit if I don't have to. I've looked on the internet, but I'm not finding much of anything. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
leereyn is offline Find More Posts by leereyn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 16, 2013, 04:20 PM
Love my scale Whirlybirds
Mississauga, Ont., Can.
Joined Sep 2009
2,421 Posts
Buy the light kit from E-Flite and it installs very easily. I have used them in two of my builds, one the Huey from E-Flite and the other is an MD500E from Align. Works like a charm. The initial kit may not be that costly but in total, you will spend more for the entire project. Do it right and put it in a bit at a time if you can't afford it all at once. You will spend double that if you try to go cheap.Here is the result with the E-Flite lighting kit in the MD500 with one change since. The blue light is changed to green, the white tail strob is now on top of the "T" tail, and a red beacon is where the white light is now. Take care.

Don

Keyrigger is offline Find More Posts by Keyrigger
Last edited by Keyrigger; Jan 16, 2013 at 04:29 PM.