Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:14 AM
United States, CT
Joined Mar 2011
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsflyrv View Post
Thats not weird, you have to choose which one you want to arm disarm in the arduino sketch under config.h section 2 arm/disarm.
thanks, good to know, i'll change that when i upload 2.1, my board hangs on upload and haven't tried an avr programmer yet so i've been using the board as is.
adrenahelin is offline Find More Posts by adrenahelin
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 02:51 PM
Video Juggernaut
FL
Joined Nov 2003
2,652 Posts
OK, I figured out what I did wrong and why it wouldnt flip. But I need some help with set up. Can someone show me how it should be set up for acro mode? I think I got it, but want to make sure. I watched the video tutorial for config and I got my hi rates switch set to low on the level setting. Should I increase throws or something on my TX too? If so what's a good rate on the er9x for this to flip?
Wingbreaker is offline Find More Posts by Wingbreaker
Old Dec 04, 2012, 03:09 AM
My RC builds in my profile.
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
2,560 Posts
Using an Openpilot CC3d. I just belted out a 13:31 flight time on the Hexacopter out of a 2650 3s Gens Ace battery with the LEDs lit the entire time.

I am very satisfied with the efficiency and she passed the redundancy test. One motor out and shes still flyable.. I'm going to order a 3000mah to try and find the sweet spot. 4000mah 3s is too heavy for her, she sways back and forth and isn't stable enough for FPV let alone FPV. I wish these motors/escs supported 4s...

I dont know about the rest of you, but I'm getting a LOT of vibration on every prop from the weakness of the arms. If the top arm supports came out a few mm closer to the motor the vibration would be reduced a ton. At first I thought it was my prop adapters, but these are my vibration free CNC prop adapters... On other frames they are stable as a rock.
daign is offline Find More Posts by daign
Old Dec 05, 2012, 04:32 PM
USA, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Feb 2003
1,153 Posts
What motors are on the hex?
macinr is offline Find More Posts by macinr
Old Dec 05, 2012, 05:00 PM
Sushi Chef
United States, CA, Meadow Vista
Joined Jan 2009
384 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by macinr View Post
What motors are on the hex?

black 1510
terriwang is offline Find More Posts by terriwang
Old Dec 08, 2012, 12:17 PM
Joined Jun 2011
7,601 Posts
I have not visited this thread for a while now. I kind of miss my X250.

Here's what I build in this size category, instead.

Armattan M230 Outdoor (7 min 17 sec)

Best,
Chris
bobepine is online now Find More Posts by bobepine
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 08, 2012, 09:49 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriwang View Post
Daign
Use this firmware.
So Terri thanks for the new top plate.

Now I just have to resolder the motors and put the props on for a Hexa X MWC config rather than Openpilot CC3d. I got her pretty stable with CC3d. But she did drift due to vibration from the A1510s.

I may order some Powerup 180s. Can anyone verify they vibrate a hell of a lot less than the A1510s?
Last edited by daign; Dec 08, 2012 at 09:56 PM.
Old Dec 09, 2012, 02:27 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2,560 Posts
The hexa flies pretty well with the MWC controller. Although still affected greatly by vibrations from the motor... TLots of vibration noise visible in MWC config.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 04:34 PM
United States, CA, SF
Joined Jun 2011
18 Posts
So I have everything working great using Multiwii on the X250. Even have GPS keeping me within about a 12' box which makes me pretty happy. But I can't for the life of me figure out a good place to connect the Crius bluetooth adapter. I have the newer board. If anyone can help I'm happy to offer any advice I can for tweaking anything else or updating/repairing hardware. I've been through most of it as I've been learning to fly the x250.

I bought a second unit I've loaded MPNG on and it's working with everything including GPS with about the same accuracy. Don't know it as thoroughly as MWC but I'll try to help with that as well. Really want bluetooth to work.

Thanks in advance.

Michael
ecohawk is offline Find More Posts by ecohawk
Old Jan 03, 2013, 07:57 PM
Joined Feb 2011
2,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daign View Post
The hexa flies pretty well with the MWC controller. Although still affected greatly by vibrations from the motor... TLots of vibration noise visible in MWC config.
The oddest thing happened. I havent flown the hexa in quite a while. I went and connected a battery, and trying to take off slowly. Throttle went full throttle. Hmmmmm.

So I Plugged it into MWC Config to see what was going on. All my switches are configured correctly. All sticks responding correctly. PID settings show perfectly. I Calibrated ACC and Mag. The Gui wont show any movement in the graphs or in the roll, compass or pitch arrows. No numbers change when the hexa is lifted or moved around whatsoever. Its almost as if the parts are defined incorrectly in arduino. I checked my code, its the code Terri Wang posted up above for the hexa.

The Controller defined is:

#define FREEIMUv035_BMP // FreeIMU v0.3.5_BMP

Screenshot of GUI:

While that screenshot was taken of the gui, I was moving around the hexa...

Should I try defining the components by hand instead. Is there a better controller to choose. As it stands currently the hexa with arm, calibrate, and spool up the props, but it acts just like it does in the GUI. No Gyro response...

Any ideas anyone? Is this a 2.1 bug?
Old Jan 07, 2013, 12:35 AM
Sushi Chef
Joined Jan 2009
384 Posts
schematic for X250 MWC
Last edited by terriwang; Jan 08, 2013 at 01:32 AM.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 12:49 AM
Joined Feb 2011
2,560 Posts
Well after yanking out the dead MWC board which produces I2C errors in both MWC 1.8, 1.9, 2.0, and 2.1, both with the all in one board defined and each indivual defined, I had no choice but to yank the Multiwii Controller and mount up a Openpilot CC3d.

Upon getting everything configured the quad kept rotating right with my trim set all the way left. After some digging and testing motor #3 has died. Due to bad bearings I assume it has trouble spinning at full speed or near full speed and the speed fluctuates while I ramp up the speed in the output panel. It was difficult to video and control the motors at the same time.

So far I've had 2 dead MWC boards with this X330 Hexa, and one dead motor.

Terri you've been wonderful until you went silent on me after I informed you of the I2c Errrors. I realize quality control is beyond your control and you are just the middleman, but I'd avoid selling these X330 Hexa's. I tried everything, clearing the bootrom, every version of MWC.

I'm going to have to either swap out all the motors unless Terri is willing to send/sell me one.

I only had 3 succusfull flights with it, 2 on MWC and one on CC3d before putting her away through the holiday season. No crashes, no damage. Just bad quality control in China.

I was hoping these motors Terri found were different than the A1510s but it appears not.

For now I'll swap in a single A-1510 to get this sucker in the air.

Terri if you'd like I can send back the MWC controller to you. I'm at a loss and have spent too many hours trying to diagnose it.
Old Jan 08, 2013, 01:29 AM
Sushi Chef
Joined Jan 2009
384 Posts
Hi. There. I just get home form 2 days trap to LA.
I am always here for help.

After you reflash firmware or clean the eeprom. you need re-Calibration all Sensors on board. also you need re-Calibration All your ESC. After you did all the calibraton you can test your motor again.

I do have spare motor for sell.

Terri
Old Jan 13, 2013, 04:28 AM
Joined Feb 2011
2,560 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriwang View Post
Hi. There. I just get home form 2 days trap to LA.
I am always here for help.

After you reflash firmware or clean the eeprom. you need re-Calibration all Sensors on board. also you need re-Calibration All your ESC. After you did all the calibraton you can test your motor again.

I do have spare motor for sell.

Terri
I've done all that. I still get I2C errors. Cleared eeprom, flashed all versions, recalbrated all sensors each time I do so. Spent over 15 hours diagnosing the MWC top plate. I gave up. Just to prove I was not crazy, I configured a NAZE32 controller for a quad I had lying around and 2.1 loaded perfectly. It flew well.

I'd like to send the controller back to you. I believe it has hardware issues.

As far as a spare motor. I will need one. I put in an A1510 but will want a matching motor. Please send me an invoice.

The frame flies horrible with CC3D which I am very familiar with. Tons of movemet in the sensors as the motors spool up. The arms themselves vibrate violently causing reverberation to the Flight Controller and 3-5 of drift.

I have isolated the top plate using rubber bobbins and the scopes still show a ton of noise from the motors spooling up.

I saw a familiar issue with a cheap Kinjal frame knockoff from X468. The frame was not strong enough so the motor mounts would vibrate wildly.

Setup another hexa today on a different frame using the exact same escs/motors/ CC3d and it flies wonderfully.

It is my recommendation you do not sell these 330x Hexacopters. The frame design is inherently flawed.

I'd ask for my money back but its been too long and too much testing. Please invoice me for the motor and I will be listing the frame on ebay and if I have to I will part it out.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 07:28 PM
0Gravity
Orlando, Florida
Joined Feb 2008
703 Posts
So where can I get one and how much is it?

Thanks

Bud
budkeywest is offline Find More Posts by budkeywest