Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:20 AM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil View Post
Hi Mike,
I get Back the PPM signal. By jumping channel 11&12 I got it on channel 12

But originally I had it on channel 9. I am fine with this, butjust curiosity, How could I get the PPM on Channel 9 again??
Hi SIL,
I am trying to get PPM from ch12 instead of 9. Are sure if I jump channel 11&12, I can get PPM at ch12.

Thanks
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 21, 2012, 11:30 AM
Sil
Joined Jul 2012
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firatp View Post
Hi SIL,
I am trying to get PPM from ch12 instead of 9. Are sure if I jump channel 11&12, I can get PPM at ch12.

Thanks
It worked for me.
But I first lost PPM on channel 9, and I really do not know how this happened
Sil is offline Find More Posts by Sil
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:00 PM
------------------------
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2012
940 Posts
Hi Mike

My Tx does not follow the manual or below description. What do I have and what do the lights mean?

The Tx has all flat sides and a low/high switch. With the bind button down and powering up I get...

0-5 seconds = red
Release during this phase and I get a flashing green light at about 4 flashes per second. Is this binding mode ?

5-10 seconds = green
Releasing in this phase gets me alternating red green. Is this calibration mode?

10+ seconds = no light ( dark)
Is this new ID mode?

Where is my orange light?
Where is my micro power mode? ( I have a dummy load)

Is this just another variant that is working fine?

Edit: also I have to push the bind button extremely hard ( beyond the click) and pull it to the left to get anything to happen.

Phil

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
Hi Tom,

Since your version is a version 1 system, the LED indications are a little different, you will not see the same LED indications as is in the manual for the version 2 system. When you hold down the power button during power up, you will get this:

3 - 8 Seconds: RED LED - Release button and it will flash RED, this is Micro Power mode for range testing.
8 - 13 Seconds: GREEN LED - Release button and it will flash GREEN, this is Binding Mode.
13 - 18 Seconds: RED LED - Release button and it will alternate between RED and GREEN - This is calibration mode.
18 + Seconds: LED Goes OUT: Release button, and the ID is now changed.

This is basiclly the same firmware as the Version 2 system, and is compatible with all version 2 equipment. Resistance to interference, range and functionality will be basically the same as version 2.

Mike
Captain3D is online now Find More Posts by Captain3D
Last edited by Captain3D; Oct 21, 2012 at 12:13 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 12:41 PM
Turkey, Istanbul
Joined Dec 2010
413 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sil View Post
It worked for me.
But I first lost PPM on channel 9, and I really do not know how this happened
Tried still PPM at ch9.
Firatp is offline Find More Posts by Firatp
Old Oct 21, 2012, 02:51 PM
Australia, VIC, Melbourne
Joined Mar 2010
471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain3D View Post
Hi Mike

My Tx does not follow the manual or below description. What do I have and what do the lights mean?

The Tx has all flat sides and a low/high switch. With the bind button down and powering up I get...

0-5 seconds = red
Release during this phase and I get a flashing green light at about 4 flashes per second. Is this binding mode ?

5-10 seconds = green
Releasing in this phase gets me alternating red green. Is this calibration mode?

10+ seconds = no light ( dark)
Is this new ID mode?

Where is my orange light?
Where is my micro power mode? ( I have a dummy load)

Is this just another variant that is working fine?

Edit: also I have to push the bind button extremely hard ( beyond the click) and pull it to the left to get anything to happen.

Phil
I answered you after your last post... its yet another version of lights and firmware they used, just prior to adding micro power mode in the mix. You dont have micro power (orange light) , use the dummy cap for range testing. everything else you assumed is correct.
Haych is offline Find More Posts by Haych
Old Oct 21, 2012, 03:08 PM
------------------------
United States, CA, Glendale
Joined Jan 2012
940 Posts
Ok thanks Haych

I had successfully ground tested out to one mile (no video on) through buildings so I was surprised to loose control at 150ft. But I am pretty confident I have the Dragonlink setup ok and my problems are caused by the lack of space between my dlrx, vtx and stereo gopros.

Time to take a step back and ground test with each bit of equipment one at a time.

Question:
When separating vtx from dlrx is it only the antennas that need to spaced out or is it the actual Tx and rx hardware blocks as well? Are motors and escs another potential problem to try and avoid?

Thanks all... Phil
Captain3D is online now Find More Posts by Captain3D
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:05 PM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Apr 2005
19 Posts
I just received a DL and I am having the exact same problem on a FlySky TH9x (same as Turnigy 9x) running the latest version of er9x. When using PPM 8CH (300us, FrLen 22.5msec), I can use all 8 channels including channel 1. When I switch to PPM 12CH (300us, FrLen 22.5msec), I loose channel 1.

After a bit of experimenting I switched the FrLen to 25msec and I was then able to properly control channels 1-10 (including channel 1). However, regardless of my FrLen setting, I have not been able to control channels 11 and 12. My receiver appears to be the latest HW version (v2.7 is printed on the PCB).

I have run calibration and have tried rebinding my receiver multiple times. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by wister View Post
Hi,

I haver a weird problem. I have 1 tx, and 2, rx's so far. when I try to use all 12 ch's I get a problem where 1 of the 12ch's doesn't work. On 1 rx it is ch1 and on 2nd rx, it is ch2.

Now, If I change my radio to 10ch's all 10, ch's work including ch1 and 2 on both rx's.

what I thought it was related to was, The radio I am using is a 9x with 3rd party firmware, it has settings for the pluse width and frame length, this is what I thought may be causing the problem, but I have changed both a little and problems just got worse.

there are some other settings I am not sure about, like Filter ADC, proto encoding, Silver A/B/C and TRAC09, shift select (pos or neg)

also, this guy has seen a similar problem where ch2 doesn't work while using 12ch's, but his starts to work when he press's around on the board.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=13457

Any ideas, or if anyone knows what settings I need to change to be able to use 12ch's, if it is a setting?

thanks,

John
papamix is offline Find More Posts by papamix
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:37 PM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
hi mike

hi mike, I wanted to ask when the shipping id finally get the sale was on the 14th October 2012 05:30:20 Transaction Code: 5CV63753YN1096332. oh what head tracker on Dragon Link does what should I buy it for my glasses. mfg florian Hensel
flohla1 is offline Find More Posts by flohla1
Old Oct 21, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined Oct 2012
21 Posts
jettpilot

hi mike, I wanted to ask when the shipping id finally get the sale was on the 14th October 2012 05:30:20 Transaction Code: 5CV63753YN1096332. oh what head tracker on Dragon Link does what should I buy it for my glasses. mfg florian Hensel
flohla1 is offline Find More Posts by flohla1
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:25 PM
Dragon Link/Labs Engineer
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flohla1 View Post
Fatshark MIG works well
chris1seto is offline Find More Posts by chris1seto
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:28 PM
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by papamix View Post
I just received a DL and I am having the exact same problem on a FlySky TH9x (same as Turnigy 9x) running the latest version of er9x. When using PPM 8CH (300us, FrLen 22.5msec), I can use all 8 channels including channel 1. When I switch to PPM 12CH (300us, FrLen 22.5msec), I loose channel 1.

After a bit of experimenting I switched the FrLen to 25msec and I was then able to properly control channels 1-10 (including channel 1). However, regardless of my FrLen setting, I have not been able to control channels 11 and 12. My receiver appears to be the latest HW version (v2.7 is printed on the PCB).

I have run calibration and have tried rebinding my receiver multiple times. Any ideas?

Thanks!
Michael

One of the big issues with 12 channel PPM is that the PPM spec was never really meant to control 12 channels. If the channel readings are obtuse enough, you will overrun the PPM frame and cause the DL to failsafe. This is pretty much the same with any other device that reads PPM.

I'll do some testing later today, though the only reason why you wouldn't be able to use Ch11/12 is if you had an HT connected during binding.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 05:29 PM
Chesterfield, MO
Joined Nov 2010
701 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain3D View Post
Ok thanks Haych

I had successfully ground tested out to one mile (no video on) through buildings so I was surprised to loose control at 150ft. But I am pretty confident I have the Dragonlink setup ok and my problems are caused by the lack of space between my dlrx, vtx and stereo gopros.

Time to take a step back and ground test with each bit of equipment one at a time.

Question:
When separating vtx from dlrx is it only the antennas that need to spaced out or is it the actual Tx and rx hardware blocks as well? Are motors and escs another potential problem to try and avoid?

Thanks all... Phil

All of those things can be a big issue. The GoPro does emit a ton of interference, and the motor/ESC are also sources of massive RFI. How are you powering your DL?
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:05 PM
Joined Aug 2009
30 Posts
Hi Mike, would appreciate a quick heads up to make sure you have my equipment. Sent it priority USPS 10 days ago, and have 0 feedback. No response to PMs, and it's just about the end of the weekend here on the left coast.

I'm sitting here staring at a bunch of stuff that just wants to be in the air, and it appears it's going nowhere anytime soon.

I appreciate it. Thanks.

JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by JettPilot View Post
DRAGON LINK UPDATE
Now for the bad news , I have been in production for the last several days, so I am 3 days behind on PM's here and have not posted or even read all the posts here in this thread recently. I will catch up on this and fix anyone having issues this weekend instead of going and flying FPV No worries, we will make sure everyone that has issues is taken care of, and gets up and flying quickly.

Mike
cherbini is offline Find More Posts by cherbini
Last edited by cherbini; Oct 21, 2012 at 06:18 PM.
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:06 PM
United States, PA, Pittsburgh
Joined Apr 2005
19 Posts
I did some more testing and was finally able to also use ch11 by setting the FrLen to 25msec, but I still haven't been able to control ch12. I tried all FrLen settings from 22.5msec to 28msec, but I always only get 10 or 11 working channels. I have never been able to get ch12 to work.

Is this something that could be resolved through a TX/RX firmware update?

Thanks,
Michael

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1seto View Post
One of the big issues with 12 channel PPM is that the PPM spec was never really meant to control 12 channels. If the channel readings are obtuse enough, you will overrun the PPM frame and cause the DL to failsafe. This is pretty much the same with any other device that reads PPM.

I'll do some testing later today, though the only reason why you wouldn't be able to use Ch11/12 is if you had an HT connected during binding.
papamix is offline Find More Posts by papamix
Old Oct 21, 2012, 06:19 PM
Pass me some zip-ties!
United States, FL, Gainesville
Joined Nov 2006
2,526 Posts
Just checking to see when the 24 hour turnaround for new orders will be back in effect? Are we waiting for the firmware on all current units to be updated?
HansAuf is offline Find More Posts by HansAuf