Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Dec 09, 2011, 07:55 PM
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Aug 2008
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
I agree! But didn't want to slow it down any. I only left it in there for a few days and put it back to normal. Besides the L-39 never had an afterburner to begin with. The F-16 would be a great candidate for one though!!
Well, since the "flames" are contained in the nozzle, it's pretty realistic to me; when I flew T-2 Buckeyes, I can recall seeing the fire in the can(s) of other Buckeyes during night hops. Looked cool on them then and looks cool on your 39 now!!!
BadClams is offline Find More Posts by BadClams
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 09, 2011, 08:32 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadClams View Post
Well, since the "flames" are contained in the nozzle, it's pretty realistic to me; when I flew T-2 Buckeyes, I can recall seeing the fire in the can(s) of other Buckeyes during night hops. Looked cool on them then and looks cool on your 39 now!!!
Thank you so much! You never hear much about the Buckeye and I never knew that there was even fire in the exhaust. Did they have afterburners?
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Dec 11, 2011, 06:29 PM
Joined Aug 2011
61 Posts
Where are you guys buying these? I could only find them on Toysonic, but they don't have the mirage on there. Is there anywhere to buy just the airframes? If not, what type of battery connectors are on the stock ESC. I just bought a dynam a10 but I think these might be a good way to try out an EDF before investing too much.
Rexor20 is offline Find More Posts by Rexor20
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:26 PM
United States, LA, Bossier City
Joined Aug 2008
875 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooniac33 View Post
Thank you so much! You never hear much about the Buckeye and I never knew that there was even fire in the exhaust. Did they have afterburners?
No....no AB at all. But from the back and after twilight , it was quite easy to see the fire y glow. Pretty cool, I thought.
BadClams is offline Find More Posts by BadClams
Old Dec 11, 2011, 07:51 PM
cmd
Niceville, FL
Joined Oct 2004
1,202 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rexor20 View Post
Where are you guys buying these? I could only find them on Toysonic, but they don't have the mirage on there. Is there anywhere to buy just the airframes? If not, what type of battery connectors are on the stock ESC. I just bought a dynam a10 but I think these might be a good way to try out an EDF before investing too much.
Hobbyking and Bananahobby. Mirage is not yet available.
cmd is offline Find More Posts by cmd
Old Dec 11, 2011, 10:37 PM
Build'm,Fly'm,Crash'm
Sacramento CA
Joined Oct 2009
629 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-BONEZ View Post
hi guys,

I'm just curious, has anyone gotten successful flights with the 50mm edf crusader?
Bighead and I took on this model. So far, 4 flights and two different control setups. Getting closer to a flyable model, but no cigar yet. Next time out should do it...but you know how that goes...

Link to ongoing build...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1547976

Joe
redlite is offline Find More Posts by redlite
Old Dec 12, 2011, 03:27 PM
2 metre rule applies!
BOOGI, Australia
Joined Dec 2008
1,228 Posts
Bad clams, same with the JT8 on a 727, touch of power for line up and 3 rings of fire! I imagine even better on takeoff but there's a place not to be.
DRAMJET is offline Find More Posts by DRAMJET
Old Dec 12, 2011, 05:03 PM
lud
Making mischief in the air
Berkshire UK
Joined Jan 2008
901 Posts
Nice job on the F-8 Joe..

I NEVER got f-7/8 past flat spins and nose in... weight/ flaps /more power
Finally gave up on it n most disapointed
Will look forward to seeing yours in the air
lud is offline Find More Posts by lud
Old Dec 16, 2011, 09:08 AM
Toronto
Joined Jun 2007
462 Posts
Not related to any particular topic of conversation at the moment, thought you may like to see this.

In the summer, me and my buddy were practising formation flying. This was a pair of aircraft that flew very well together........
sihinch is offline Find More Posts by sihinch
Old Dec 16, 2011, 10:00 AM
KK6MQJ
Joined Sep 2004
13,617 Posts
Kinda looks like a heritage flight of sorts? Except that I do not think those two share a common ancestry as is usually the case with heritage flights. A cool photo nonetheless. Formation flying is never is easy as some can make it look.
Bajora is offline Find More Posts by Bajora
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:01 PM
Sunnyvale
Joined Feb 2009
4,997 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajora View Post
Kinda looks like a heritage flight of sorts? Except that I do not think those two share a common ancestry as is usually the case with heritage flights. A cool photo nonetheless. Formation flying is never is easy as some can make it look.
I was going to say the exact same thing! And the T-45 is by far the best of the 50mm series to try formation flying with! It is so stable and tracks like it is on rails!! I have been flying formation with a friend at baylands for the last few weekends and it has been a blast. Yes it is hard but it is so much fun!
gooniac33 is offline Find More Posts by gooniac33
Old Dec 24, 2011, 07:15 AM
Canada, QC, Témiscouata-sur-le-Lac
Joined Dec 2008
75 Posts
Hi all,

My first post here in RC Groups.

First i'd like to thank all of you for those very helpfull infos on almost everythings.

Now my question: I'm fairly new in this hobby and i got 2 models of these jets. F-16 and F-18 + 2 props models. I have problems with CG on my F-16. I use stock set-up with zippy 3S 850MaH. It is way nose heavy. The lipo is the the most at rear of compartment but still nose heavy. How you guys adjust CG? Do you add weight somewhere? If yes where would be the best spot?

Thanks for help!

BlackBeast
BlackBeast is offline Find More Posts by BlackBeast
Old Dec 24, 2011, 10:02 AM
USA, MD, Frederick
Joined Jan 2010
3,969 Posts
Adding weight should be your last option. You can try cutting some foam out of the fuselage compartment to allow you to move your battery further back to achieve the desired CG. I assume you've already trimmed the elevator during flight?
fredmdbud is online now Find More Posts by fredmdbud
Old Dec 30, 2011, 12:29 PM
Joined Jan 2008
7 Posts
I have a skyangel f22 50mm , inside motor compartment does the esc go on the top or bottom of the plane. Its not clear int he manual
jessejay1 is offline Find More Posts by jessejay1
Old Jan 01, 2012, 09:25 AM
United States, TN, White House
Joined Oct 2011
126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessejay1 View Post
I have a skyangel f22 50mm , inside motor compartment does the esc go on the top or bottom of the plane. Its not clear int he manual
That would be the top at the mouth of the opening going to the cockpit.
soopertrucker is offline Find More Posts by soopertrucker