SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 15, 2015, 08:00 PM
Find More Posts by Vegas Don
United States, CA, Seal Beach
Joined Oct 2010
27 Posts
Discussion
Thermal Sailplane 6 ch setup with DX9

I have hit a wall trying to set up a 6 ch full house sailplane with 5 flight modes on a DX9. I can get it so it flys fine, but can't get the flight modes to work correctly such as inhibiting the flap stick and elevator compensation except when in landing mode. Just getting the flaps to work correctly in all modes has been a challenge I have accomplished but not really sure how to be truthful. It is a mysterious radio for full house sailplanes, anything else is a piece of cake, couldn't be easier. I have asked and gotten replies from Andy and Sherman on the DX18 forum, basically same radio, but can't really seem to make their suggestions work. If anyone has been successful and could help, or send an SPM file that works, I sure would appreciate it.
Thanks,
Don
Vegas Don is offline Find More Posts by Vegas Don
to remove ads between posts
Old May 16, 2015, 05:46 AM
Find More Posts by Petem
If it flies - I want one!
Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,170 Posts
Try this

Don,
Have a look at Duworm's thread on DX18 Sailplane Support:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...ghlight=duworm
The thread is for the DX18, but the advice should apply almost totally to your DX9.
Cheers,
Pete
Petem is offline Find More Posts by Petem
Old May 17, 2015, 10:20 AM
Find More Posts by Vegas Don
United States, CA, Seal Beach
Joined Oct 2010
27 Posts
DX9 F-Mode set up

Thanks for your help Pete. I finally got it with the help of a friend and Sherman Knight's PFD read 10 times after 2 weeks of battling with confusion. Guess I am getting a little slow up top. I will keep working on learning the radio, which as I said is very easy to program for most planes in general, but the multi flight modes get very complicated. For the time being I am going to stick to my JR 9305 for sailplanes.
Vegas Don is offline Find More Posts by Vegas Don
Old May 17, 2015, 05:27 PM
Find More Posts by Petem
If it flies - I want one!
Werribee, Victoria, Australia
Joined Jul 2008
1,170 Posts
Sailplanes!

No worries, Don - my primary radio is also a 9503, but I have been drooling and lurking after a DX18 for a while now.
I think the most difficult time I have had programming a radio was my first full-house sailplane on the 9503 (DSX9 in Aus). Eventually the Flight Modes light came on in my brain and I mostly understand what I am doing now - still learning, though.
Every new Tx, and especially each brand, requires learning a new language and logic!
Persist and have fun!
Pete
Petem is offline Find More Posts by Petem