Bsull10 is offline Find More Posts by Bsull10
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 28, 2015, 06:39 PM
Find More Posts by dwatson
Yosef Sailor
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
532 Posts
That is great news and thanks for posting. I live in Fort Mill and was sailing my Nirvana with the guys at Sun City for about a year before moving abroad for a few years. I built a Seawind and have a number of other boats in my fleet.

Looking forward to one day moving back to the Charlotte area and sailing with the group.

DW
dwatson is offline Find More Posts by dwatson
Old Apr 29, 2015, 06:26 PM
Find More Posts by Bsull10
Joined Apr 2015
8 Posts
I was introduced to model sailing at Sun City and was hooked. I don't live in that community and am unable to join their club. So I started a club. So fare only 4 members. We plan on meeting on Saturdays. I'm retired and plan on sailing a few times a week. I've been sailing at the Pineville lake. Hope to hear from you soon.
Old Apr 29, 2015, 10:29 PM
Find More Posts by dwatson
Yosef Sailor
Singapore, Singapore
Joined Jul 2011
532 Posts
BSull,

Sounds great.

This gives me something to look forward to upon returning to the US. There is a guy that lives in Mooresville that is over the Seawind group in the Greensboro Model Yacht club. Tony I believe is his name. May be beneficial to reach out to him as Pineville is much closer than HighPoint.

Anyway, I have two more years here in Singapore before I find out if I return to Charlotte or on to another country.

Keep up the great work and talk soon.
DW
dwatson is offline Find More Posts by dwatson
Old May 26, 2015, 05:15 PM
Joined Apr 2015
8 Posts
I've been sailing at the Pinville Lake Park. Our club plans to meet at the lake on Saturdays around 10am weather permitting. I usually bring a second boat for anyone interested in sailing to try out.
Old May 27, 2015, 12:38 PM
Joined Apr 2015
8 Posts
If your interested in sailing and the weekends don't work out I sail during the week as well.
Old May 29, 2015, 05:01 AM
Find More Posts by Dan Bidwell
United States, SC, Rock Hill
Joined May 2015
1 Posts
Bsull10 has been teaching me how to sail at Pineville Lake and, hopefully, I'll be able to give him a race in the near future. Pineville Lake has worked out well for access, size and is a great place to learn.
Dan Bidwell is offline Find More Posts by Dan Bidwell
Old May 30, 2015, 12:00 AM
Find More Posts by haxawsnavy
Po' boys does w/ Po'boys ways
United States, NC, Charlotte
Joined Feb 2011
742 Posts
Welcome Dan !! so sayeth the haxsaw!!,look forward to meeting you also!,..........Tim!
haxawsnavy is offline Find More Posts by haxawsnavy