New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 04, 2015, 05:20 PM
Find More Posts by Speedy Gonzales
Joined Nov 2012
223 Posts
Well this is how I set up my P47.

I fly her with both 1300 3s and 1000 3s batteries weighting 94 and 80 g.

I equal weights by adding two 50 euro cents pieces on the lightest batteries.

I could achieve same balance adding just one piece under the cowl when flying the 1000 batteries, distance from cog compensating less weight.

Notice specifies 48 mm cog. I always assume that notices are conservative taking into consideration less experienced pilots (not talking about anyone. ..). So I went for 50 mm outright. Flew nicely properly trimmed but still nose dived a bit at throttle cut and opposite at full throttle. I like neutral planes so my current set up is grounded motor with destroyed bearings, sorry I meant cog at 57 mm from LE.

Perfect to my taste with an aligned stab and a very smooth glide slope. I mean here that at throttle cut I will only loose the altitude necessary to maintain flying speed without stalling.
True to say that a 800 2s battery would have required 40 g of weight or 20 under the cowl for similar flight behavior.

On a more personal side I am heavily cursing those allen screws holding motor to motor mount on the new motor I was about to install. Rounded two keys right on, failed to cyano glue another one and to solder it right after on screw head.

Might convert this beauty to free flight absent any good news on this front.
Speedy Gonzales is offline Find More Posts by Speedy Gonzales
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 04, 2015, 07:15 PM
Find More Posts by easyrider604
Canada, BC, Port Coquitlam
Joined Apr 2012
1,444 Posts
Originally Posted by smittyboy View Post
..........Also, 28 grams is alot of weight! Picture a whole pallet of these planes being shipped over from China – all of that extra weight adds up and raises the cost of shipping. Actually, this is probably the real reason for a lack of added weight to achieve perfect CG…increased cost in shipping from China.
Really? You can't be serious.

For model planes, shipping cost is determined by volume, not weight. Our planes are so light considering the size of their packaging. Unit shipping cost is determined by how many boxes you can pack into a container, than the weight.

Even if you added 5 lbs of nose weight per plane, it would not affect shipping cost from China.
easyrider604 is online now Find More Posts by easyrider604
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM
Find More Posts by 00Smurf
United States, OH, Lithopolis
Joined Nov 2010
576 Posts
Cutting in half my 800mm Collection. I know someone needs some parts or extras. Posted my Bf109 PNP and spares, fw190 Spares and f6f Spares.
00Smurf is online now Find More Posts by 00Smurf