Find More Posts by checkprop
United States, NC, Kernersville
Joined Sep 2003
59 Posts
Discussion
Pilot quick build J3 Cub

Hi,

Does anyone have knowledge, previous build and fly experience of the
no longer available J3 cub from Pilot. This was the smaller quick build version .
Any info, advice would be appreciated.
I'm considering my first J3 cub and don't want to get too involved buiding something like a Sig, but something sport-scale would suffice...
Your thoughts ??

Thanks in advance,

Checkprop
checkprop is offline Find More Posts by checkprop
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 24, 2013, 10:22 AM
Find More Posts by cfircav8r
Space power
United States, IA, Hampton
Joined May 2012
325 Posts
Years ago I built their quick build Cessna 177. It was very easy to build and flew great. It was not at all a trainer though. I would imagine the Cub would be similar, so if you are confident in your abilities to fly a convetional gear sport plane it should be a decent flier. Pilot has had a good reputation for quality kits, both in building and flying.
cfircav8r is offline Find More Posts by cfircav8r
Old Nov 24, 2013, 11:02 AM
Find More Posts by checkprop
United States, NC, Kernersville
Joined Sep 2003
59 Posts
Thanks for the info. Good, I thought that there wouldn't be much to worry about.
Checkprop
checkprop is offline Find More Posts by checkprop
Old Nov 25, 2013, 12:44 AM
Find More Posts by deckert
Plowin Dirt
USA, WA, Benton City
Joined Oct 2007
1,645 Posts
Checkprop,
In as much as I hate to promote any company per se, you might take a look at the J3's from E-flite & Hanger 9. I have the E-flite 450, 25E & H9 80"(the old Power 46) & 1/4 scale. They're all great fliers and pretty easy to assemble. Not to mention they sure are pretty in the air. The E-flite 25E lacked detail and may well still lack detail. They make a Super Cub but it's white with red trim and just doesn't look right IMHO. Nice flier and a lot of scale detail but..BLAH..I put mine up for sale. They're all easy enough to add some scale details to. Just my .25 cents worth.

Dan
deckert is offline Find More Posts by deckert
Old Jun 09, 2015, 10:20 AM
Find More Posts by florigami
norwegian coast flyer
Norway, Rogaland, Haugesund
Joined Dec 2014
25 Posts
the pilot kit is available at Amazon.com (or at least I think so).
I not the detailed plans are on outerzone.co.uk
florigami is offline Find More Posts by florigami