SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old May 07, 2015, 11:37 PM
Find More Posts by Digital Don
United States, IL, Manteno
Joined Dec 2006
859 Posts
There's no question that the Yak described on A-Main's web page is a 5 channel aircraft. I assume that's the reason they paid for return shipping which normally would not be covered.

The person who helped me said that he had run across a similar incident that was caused by a mix up in packaging/shipping from EasySky. He also said the mix up did not affect any of the other EasySky planes.

Hopefully yours will be right. If not, they'll make it right at least if my experience is typical.

Don
Digital Don is offline Find More Posts by Digital Don
to remove ads between posts
Old May 08, 2015, 03:45 PM
Find More Posts by HGhost
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
2,429 Posts
Thanks Don, will see next week when i get it....will let you know.

EDIT:

I also spoke to AMains........they straightened out their web page the day after i ordered

seems all of them are 4 ch......but one place on the box says 5 ch, as did their web site

They offered refund, which was nice...BUT, I am just going to keep the plane either way....( installing flaps is no big deal )

I like this plane regardless of having flaps or not.

I like that color scheme ...i also noticed amazon for instance, also shows these planes and they are marked 4 channel as well.

Guess HK is the only ones that have the 5 channel version...wish they had the Yellow/blue version as well.

Guess I could look around and see if anyone has a spare wing, one can buy ?
HGhost is offline Find More Posts by HGhost
Last edited by HGhost; May 08, 2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old May 09, 2015, 12:50 AM
Find More Posts by felixx
crash expert
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Apr 2014
480 Posts
can someone please post a pic of the wire frame on your undercarriage, also what is the thickness of the wire?
felixx is offline Find More Posts by felixx
Old May 09, 2015, 02:47 AM
Find More Posts by Late99
Finland
Joined Aug 2013
254 Posts
Is this what you needed?

This wire for skis is my own bending, not an original part. But it's copied based on the original. The original wire seems to be ~2,1mm or 0,08" in diameter. It wasn't too bad job to bend the wire and it seems to work just as good as the original one...
Late99 is online now Find More Posts by Late99
Old May 09, 2015, 02:59 AM
Find More Posts by felixx
crash expert
New Zealand, Canterbury, Christchurch
Joined Apr 2014
480 Posts
thank you
if you come to NZ I will buy you a beer
felixx is offline Find More Posts by felixx
Old May 14, 2015, 03:50 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
2,429 Posts
OK, got my Yak in from AMains.com

The Flaps are there and ready , so is a rod that connects them together...one would have to cut loose one side on each flap and install a 6 gram servo and a small rod, similar to what is on the ailerons and of course those little rod adjusters with the screw ( like on the aileron rod )...and the flaps would work

This color scheme is Great...it is actually Yellow and what appears to be a light Charcoal or grey ( not a blue at all.)

I am not even going to put flaps on this one yet.

Going to see what it will do as is First.

Was thinking about using a SAFE Rx that has AS3X...but I may just purchase a Lemon Rx with a stabilizer and see if that will work...may do both and see which is best...not sure yet

That will be a while yet..BUT, I like this color scheme allot.
Old May 15, 2015, 10:00 AM
Find More Posts by Ian444
Brisbane, Australia
Joined Apr 2013
165 Posts
That flap arrangement sounds exactly like how the ARF models from Hobbyking come delivered. I actually bought a receiver with stabilization quite a while ago but never fitted it. I think it would increase my flying enjoyment as the model can get buffeted around by wind gusts, being as light as it is, moreso at low flying speeds. I still haven't gotten around to making the flaps operational either, one day...

Edit - those yellow ones look Mickey Mouse, love it.
Ian444 is offline Find More Posts by Ian444
Old Jun 21, 2015, 06:54 AM
Find More Posts by Mechintosh
Joined Mar 2015
3 Posts
Subscribed.... Also ordered one of these from Amain. Can not wait until it arrives. I was looking for a decent park flyer that was not the typical Cub/Beaver plane. Blue and Yellow version fits the bill.
Mechintosh is online now Find More Posts by Mechintosh
Old Jun 21, 2015, 01:49 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
2,429 Posts
Yak 12

At the moment, the one I bought from AMain is still in it's box
Great price on this plane btw.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 04:37 PM
Find More Posts by SlowJeff
Taranis Soarus Wrecks
United States, MO, Richmond
Joined Apr 2015
951 Posts
My maiden flight on my Yak 12 was 3 seconds long. It appears I didn't get the servos centered properly before I tightened the linkage stoppers.

Now that it's all fixed and I own a servo tester / exerciser, I'm waiting for another decent day to try it again.

The only thing I don't like about it is the difficulty of hooking up the servo plugs to the rx. I have ordered some 6 inch servo extension cables that I think will make it much easier for me to work on it.

I'd like some bigger wheels, too. Perfect scale is, to me, secondary to "can handle some grass." Or at least a less than perfect parking lot.

Still strikes me as a really cool plane. It will be at the limit of my flying skill, at least for a while. I'm looking forward to getting good with it.
SlowJeff is online now Find More Posts by SlowJeff
Old Jun 21, 2015, 04:42 PM
Find More Posts by SlowJeff
Taranis Soarus Wrecks
United States, MO, Richmond
Joined Apr 2015
951 Posts
I'm waiting for an NX3 EVO flight stabilizer from Banggood. I'm kinda antsy to fly the Yak but I may wait until it gets here and put it in the Yak. I bought it for my Dream Plane, but I'm not even considering buying it yet.
SlowJeff is online now Find More Posts by SlowJeff
Old Jun 21, 2015, 08:22 PM
Eye in the Sky
United States, WV
Joined Sep 2013
2,429 Posts
Here is my Yak I bought from HK. ( blue and White )

It has flaps and I installed LED's. from mytrickrc.com
they have a control board so you can set the LED's 10 different ways
of course the plane way is the best ( but they work on many different venues, cars-planes-Heli's etc )

I installed larger tires, not to big, they fit right on the original wheel.
I need a stabilizer myself, it does not like the wind, as my location stays windy.